BHM BHM BHM
Summer Hair Takeover Specials
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Woman sues dr for telling her she's HIV+

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 17>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
kkscottdale View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote kkscottdale Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 22 2013 at 8:29pm
BTW, as a nursing student, I get curious and look at my patients chart sometimes. I am part of the nursing team so I can know whatever the nurse knows. I don't worry about certain things because I'm not the nurse, so there there are certain things I don't need to be concerned about to do my job right. However, whenever the doctor or nurse knows certain things, I have to make sure the patient does not know what we know because that can spell disaster ( family chaos, newly found hiv status, once they get discharged they are going to jail, all sorts of stuff)
Sponsored Links

f8dagrate View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote f8dagrate Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 22 2013 at 8:29pm
Originally posted by kkscottdale kkscottdale wrote:

I'm a cna in a hospital and one of the nurses and I was talking about patients who choose not have testing. She said she doesn't think its right they have the right to decide to have hiv testing because they can infect the nurse. I treat everyone with universal precautions because there are many more things in the hospital environment that is easier to catch than hiv. You have to walk on very thin lines with certain patients. Many of them are very ignorant and money hungry, so you have to cover your tracks as a healthcare provider or as I like to say Cover your Ass. I hope this doctor has good malpractice insurance.

yup me too, because she is taking him to the cleanersClap
Random Thoughts View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (5) Thanks(5)   Quote Random Thoughts Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 22 2013 at 8:30pm
How dare you tell me I've inherited a house in Virginia.
f8dagrate View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote f8dagrate Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 22 2013 at 8:30pm

BTW, as a nursing student, I get curious and look at my patients chart sometimes. I am part of the nursing team so I can know whatever the nurse knows. I don't worry about certain things because I'm not the nurse, so there there are certain things I don't need to be concerned about to do my job right. However, whenever the doctor or nurse knows certain things, I have to make sure the patient does not know what we know because that can spell disaster ( family chaos, newly found hiv status, once they get discharged they are going to jail, all sorts of stuff)

cool congratsClap what semester btw
f8dagrate View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote f8dagrate Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 22 2013 at 8:32pm
Originally posted by Random Thoughts Random Thoughts wrote:

How dare you tell me I've inherited a house in Virginia.

lol u a foolllllLOL
kkscottdale View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote kkscottdale Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 22 2013 at 8:35pm
Originally posted by f8dagrate f8dagrate wrote:

I just started my 2nd semester.Smile
f8dagrate View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote f8dagrate Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 22 2013 at 8:38pm

Originally posted by f8dagrate f8dagrate wrote:

I just started my 2nd semester.Smile

cool may I pm u today or tommorow i've got some questions Smile i'm bout to watch bgc thats y lol
PeacefulOne View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (5) Thanks(5)   Quote PeacefulOne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 22 2013 at 8:42pm
Originally posted by coconess coconess wrote:

^^^
but a cna deals a lot with bodily fluids... 
that is an osha precaution. they need to know. (regarding hiv.. no not things like cancer)
no, they dont need to know everything in the chart.. i agree with that part. 

i think it also depends on the place.. i do know that cna's that go to ppls houses know most things. if its a convalescent home.. no. 

Yes coconess, that's what UNIVERSAL PRECAUTIONS are for . . . we treat everybody and all body secretions like it's hiv positive.  In regards to cancer, let me go further. .. some cancer pts get neutropenic, and may be on isolation because there are a lot of things we can give THEM, so it is to protect them from US.  That's when we will tell an aide to mask and gown up.

When you are in home health, the patient  tells you all kinds of things, some you didn't even wanna know Shocked  It is not a violation if the PATIENT tells you themselves.
foxyroy19 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (5) Thanks(5)   Quote foxyroy19 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 22 2013 at 8:46pm
Some people don't understand hippa...lol 
f8dagrate View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote f8dagrate Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 22 2013 at 8:47pm
Originally posted by foxyroy19 foxyroy19 wrote:

Some people don't understand hippa...lol 

ain't that the truthLOL how  u been ms.roxy? ohh thx for the correction again kk it is hipaa sorry for my previous mistakes lol

Edited by f8dagrate - Jan 22 2013 at 8:55pm
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
FAB Hair Premium Hair Extensions
DivaWigs.com
Premium Quality Human Hair Extensions and Closures
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 17>