Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Extensions Plus

Woman breastfed baby during graduation.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 7891011 16>

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 3 Votes, Average 2.33  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Bribby View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (5) Thanks(5)   Quote Bribby Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 10 2014 at 8:01am
Some people can't afford pumps that are portable lol, I had one you had to plug in and it was huge.
I was just lazy though after pumping so much I got tired of it and said eff it.

My baby would refuse formula, so I'd have to breastfeed her wherever we were when we went out, it was pretty uncomfortable, but it's normal.
Sponsored Links

nitabug View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nitabug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 10 2014 at 8:02am
I meant breastfeeding with out pumping. 

I would breast feed as much as possible, and pump when needed. If I had a baby, I'd cry if I had to give him/her formula.
I don't even want to do whole milk when it's time. 
Bribby View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bribby Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 10 2014 at 8:03am
Originally posted by nitabug nitabug wrote:

Originally posted by CherryBlossom CherryBlossom wrote:

Originally posted by nitabug nitabug wrote:

Originally posted by CherryBlossom CherryBlossom wrote:

you saying she should feed the baby in the bathroom?

She could have pumped milk since she new she was going to graduation. I don't get it
maybe she's breastfeeding exclusively...I know some mothers who don't give their child a bottle at all even for breast milk

if I have kids, pumping would def be an option just for the sake of convenience and so other people (dad etc.) can bond with but I know it's not for everybody

Honestly, if she is breastfeeding exclusively, I can understand, but I don't get that. How do you work and breastfeed exclusively? Unless you are a stay at home mom, it doesn't seem sustainable. That's another topic though. 

I went to school full time & breastfed exclusively for 14 months. Pumping and being to that baby when they need it is key!
Bribby View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bribby Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 10 2014 at 8:07am

Edited by Bribby - Jun 10 2014 at 8:08am
SamoneLenior View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SamoneLenior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 10 2014 at 8:17am

you can pump at work

you can have two breast pumps

one you use at home and a manual one you use at work
sugabanana View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (4) Thanks(4)   Quote sugabanana Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 10 2014 at 8:22am
All you people saying she could've pumped at home before graduation sound hella silly. 1st off do you see how huge her jugs are. Breast milk is produced every second. I pumped all the time and it felt like I never pumped at all. She could've been prepared and the baby could've drank all the milk that she pumped. Who wants to hear a crying baby at a hot, long, dry arse graduation??? Not I said the cat. I'm proud of her making it to graduation with a new born baby and feeding that baby when nature called. I see's nothing wrong with what she did. 
Bribby View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bribby Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 10 2014 at 8:25am
She's talking about not pumping, exclusively breastfeeding.
But if all the milk is from the breast, pumping or not, it's still exclusively breastfeeding..

Originally posted by sugabanana sugabanana wrote:

All you people saying she could've pumped at home before graduation sound hella silly. 1st off do you see how huge her jugs are. Breast milk is produced every second. I pumped all the time and it felt like I never pumped at all. She could've been prepared and the baby could've drank all the milk that she pumped. Who wants to hear a crying baby at a hot, long, dry arse graduation??? Not I said the cat. I'm proud of her making it to graduation with a new born baby and feeding that baby when nature called. I see's nothing wrong with what she did.  

EXACTLY! It hurts NOT to pump at times because they get so full! Luckily I'm a little a cup lol & C at the time.

Edited by Bribby - Jun 10 2014 at 8:26am
nitabug View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (4) Thanks(4)   Quote nitabug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 10 2014 at 8:26am
How do we sound silly. I am not saying, that thirty minutes before she left graduation she should have pumpedConfused

You can pump all the time and keep breast milk for months. Either way, you are right that she could've pumped, but I doubt she did. She seemed like she purposely did this and purposely took the photo op. 

I just think the latter was in bad taste. 
sugabanana View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote sugabanana Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 10 2014 at 8:36am
Nah Nita.... Think back to when you went to graduation. you have to be there at 8:30 in the morning. Ceremony starting at 11 right. So she pumped at 7:30 before going to graduation. ceremony starts at 11 and the ceremony takes atleast 3 hours. Speeches and all. Ain't no way a baby will be ok with eating the next meal at 4pm. No Ma'am. The person that took the picture just caught her while she was feeding. Its not like she said hey everyone look at me i'm breast feeding my baby!!!

Its unrealistic. She could've pumped and the baby could've wanted more milk. hmmm what do you do?

Edited by sugabanana - Jun 10 2014 at 8:45am
nitabug View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote nitabug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 10 2014 at 8:41am
So I tried to do a quick pump and ran out of milk. 

excused myself and breast fed. It's not like "I" would walk across stage with a baby on my nip. I wouldn't have taken a photo either, just like if I were changing my child at a graduation. 

Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 7891011 16>
  Share Topic