Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Extensions Plus

Woman breastfed baby during graduation.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 16>

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 3 Votes, Average 2.33  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
maysay1 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (15) Thanks(15)   Quote maysay1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 09 2014 at 11:08pm
And I do not understand people being up in arms about seeing a boob.

Folks walk around with their boobs on display ALL day everyday. The same people talking about its inappropriate show more boob at work and church and funerals and picking up their kids from school.

Sponsored Links

Lady ICE View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lady ICE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 09 2014 at 11:09pm
^^okay?!
f8dagrate View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (7) Thanks(7)   Quote f8dagrate Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 09 2014 at 11:13pm
LOL at being up in arms.

If one y'all popped out a boob during my wedding. Y'all would be politely asked to go out to the breast feeding area. I love seeing my boobs, and a few others but are going too far. Farting is natural, and so is belching. So is defecating. So is eating when hungry. But please try eating a subway sammaich during a job interview let me know how that turns out. She just wants attention. I'm all for breast feeding in public places but during ceremonies NAHHhhhh.

Edited by f8dagrate - Jun 09 2014 at 11:20pm
india100 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote india100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 09 2014 at 11:14pm
Part of her ABC interview .

I personally have gotten nothing but positive feedback, but the people on Twitter are being very harsh towards the photo,” she told ABC News.

“I do not care how natural breast feeding is, a college graduation is not the place…decorum, people,” tweeted @theSilentGiant.

“I never said not to be proud, but breast pumps exist for a reason! Middle of graduation is not the time to whip breast out,” read a post from @SarahKitty21

Thurman said she didn’t post the photo  to get attention,  and it’s since been deleted. But she said she doesn’t understand what the big deal is about the photo.

“Nobody there had a problem with it,” Thurman told ABC News about her breastfeeding during her May 22 graduation ceremony.  “I was facing the other graduates. The crowd couldn’t see me.”

Her daughter, Aaliyah, was hungry and needed to be fed, she said.

Molly Peterson, manager of Healthcare for Lansinoh, told ABC News that breastfeeding in public shouldn’t be a concern.

“This was a beautiful natural expression of a mother’s love for her baby,”  Peterson said.

“Seeing pictures like this is something that normalizes it so that more mothers are able to feed their babies whenever, and wherever, they need to,” Peterson added.

The Facebook group where Thurman posted her photo uses the hashtag #normalizebreastfeeding in their posts to spread awareness. The group, according to their blog, was created as a means to “highlight the many black mothers in the United States (and beyond) who do indeed breastfeed their children.”

For Thurman, having her daughter by her side at graduation was important since Aaliyah helped her get to that day.

After finding out she was pregnant in her last year of school, Thurman contemplated dropping out or taking a break, she said. However, once she had her daughter, she said she knew she had to finish.

“With me having a better education, I would be more likely to provide her with the things she wants and needs in life,” Thurman said.

DiorShowGirl View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote DiorShowGirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 09 2014 at 11:17pm
Originally posted by india100 india100 wrote:

Originally posted by Alias_Avi Alias_Avi wrote:

Lady,

Did you just whip it out? Did you have a cover-up at least?
I agree with the member post that said she wants the national attention i guess . Stern Smile

exactly...she now has a school debt to pay off...so anytime she gets asked to  come on such a such show...cha-ching--cha-ching....paying off my school debt..
maysay1 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (10) Thanks(10)   Quote maysay1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 09 2014 at 11:21pm
If you notice though, she posted the pic to a breastfeeding facebook page as a comment. Not her own page, not instagram, not anywhere else.

So this was definitely not a grab for attention in general. It was posted to the appropriate place.

And frankly, a black woman wanting attention for feeding her child nutritious food while getting her education...we should pay attention to that. And support it.

Like I said *black girls are magic* *feed your baby* *get that degree girl* *pop a titty out whenever you want, I got your back* *I bet that baby was quiet for the rest of the graduation once she had that milk unlike all these other folks hungry kids*.
Bored w/Out Me? View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote Bored w/Out Me? Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 09 2014 at 11:23pm
I agree with the poster that said, she wanted attention...
f8dagrate View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote f8dagrate Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 09 2014 at 11:23pm
Originally posted by maysay1 maysay1 wrote:

If you notice though, she posted the pic to a breastfeeding facebook
page as a comment. Not her own page, not instagram, not anywhere else.

So this was definitely not a grab for attention in general. It was posted to the appropriate place.

And
frankly, a black woman wanting attention for feeding her child
nutritious food while getting her education...we should pay attention to
that. And support it.

Like I said *black girls are magic* *feed
your baby* *get that degree girl* *pop a titty out whenever you want, I
got your back* *I bet that baby was quiet for the rest of the graduation
once she had that milk unlike all these other folks hungry kids*.

Meh, not mad at her. I can't stand crying babies though. Heck I don't care for loud babies at most social events.
HunnyB View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (7) Thanks(7)   Quote HunnyB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 09 2014 at 11:42pm
Her breast aren't represented sexually... so it's a problem...

If she had worn this under her gown, there would be no uproar

Gkisses View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Gkisses Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 09 2014 at 11:45pm
The pic was taken and shared to make a statement. That said i just dont care.
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 16>
  Share Topic