Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Summer Hair Takeover Specials
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Woman admits Craigslist murder, at least 22 others
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Perfect Hair Collection

Woman admits Craigslist murder, at least 22 others

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
tatee View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tatee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Woman admits Craigslist murder, at least 22 others
    Posted: Feb 16 2014 at 1:06pm

Pa. woman admits Craigslist killing, more than 20 others

Craigslist killer admits to other murders: Miranda Barbour is led out of court: Miranda Barbour is led out of court. AP Photo: PennLive.com, Christine Baker, File
Miranda Barbour is led out of court.
AP By Associated Press

SUNBURY, Pa. — A Pennsylvania woman charged along with her newlywed husband in the murder of a man they met through Craigslist admitted to the slaying in a jailhouse interview with a newspaper and said she has killed more than 20 others across the country, claims police said they are investigating.

In an interview with The Daily Item in Sunbury, 19-year-old Miranda Barbour said she wants to plead guilty to killing Troy LaFerrara in November. She also said in the interview that she has killed at least 22 other people from Alaska to North Carolina in the last six years as part of her involvement in a satanic cult.

"I feel it is time to get all of this out. I don't care if people believe me. I just want to get it out," Barbour told the newspaper for a story published Saturday night.

Sunbury police Chief Steve Mazzeo told the newspaper that investigators have been in contact with the FBI and law enforcement in several other states.

"From information we gathered and from information gathered from her interview we are seriously concerned and have been in contact with the proper authorities," Mazzeo said.

Lawyers for the couple did not immediately return messages from The Associated Press left at their offices Saturday night. Mazzeo and an FBI spokeswoman in Philadelphia did not immediately respond to messages seeking comment Sunday.

Attorneys for Barbour and her husband, 22-year-old Elytte Barbour, have both sought psychiatric evaluations for their clients.

Prosecutors are seeking the death penalty for both defendants in LaFerrara's killing. Authorities said Miranda Barbour, a petite woman with long brown hair, told investigators she met the 6-foot-2, 278-pound victim after he responded to her Craigslist ad offering companionship for money.

Police allege in court papers that Elytte Barbour told investigators they committed the crime because they wanted to kill someone together. The couple, who were married in North Carolina and moved to Pennsylvania about three weeks before the crime, told police Miranda Barbour stabbed LaFerrara in the front seat of her car while her husband held a cord around his neck.

Miranda Barbour said in the interview that she doesn't want to get out of jail and that she would kill again if she were released. She said she had no remorse and only killed "bad people."

Miranda Barbour offered little detail on the murders she claimed to have participated in in Alaska, Texas, North Carolina and California. She claims she joined a satanic cult in Alaska when she was 13 before moving to North Carolina. Online records for the woman that the newspaper identified as Barbour's mother show her as having lived in both Alaska and North Carolina.

http://news.msn.com/crime-justice/accused-craigslist-killer-claims-22-other-murders-report?ocid=ansnews11

Sponsored Links

ShadyLady View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote ShadyLady Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 16 2014 at 1:20pm
Wow...there are some crazy ass people in this world.
Bored w/Out Me? View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (5) Thanks(5)   Quote Bored w/Out Me? Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 16 2014 at 1:27pm
I always said Craigslist is the devils site...
coconess View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote coconess Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 16 2014 at 1:39pm
interesting…

women serial killers fascinate me 
mzsophisticated View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote mzsophisticated Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 16 2014 at 1:43pm
ShockedShocked over 22 people in 6 years and she only 19...give her the needle asap
coconess View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote coconess Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 16 2014 at 1:45pm
i want to know more about the satanic cult

melikey View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote melikey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 16 2014 at 1:47pm
cray

tatee View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (5) Thanks(5)   Quote tatee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 16 2014 at 1:50pm
its interesting how the media uses the term woman and girl depending on the crime.
Majesty02 View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Majesty02 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 16 2014 at 2:38pm
This is one of the many reasons why I'm in school to become a Clinical Psychologist. I often ponder what would compel a person to commit such heinous acts. By no means am I justifying her actions, but why the h*ll are people still looking for sex on Craigslist after all of these similar situations? When you engage in these personal encounters you are opening Pandora’s Box. Therefore, you have to be prepared for the consequences. Unfortunately, she’ll probably plead insanity and escape the death penalty. Not all of these people are insane. Some lack morality, and are well aware of the crimes they are committing. This is where the Id, The Ego, and Super Ego come into place.    
Katrenia View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Katrenia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 16 2014 at 3:16pm
YT people???
YT privilege drives them crazy, they have no limitations.
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
House of CB London
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
FAB Hair Premium Hair Extensions
Premium Quality Human Hair Extensions and Closures
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic