BHM BHM BHM
Summer Hair Takeover Specials
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Woman, 31, posed as high schooler for 7mths

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 7>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 2 Votes, Average 3.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
JamCaygirl View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JamCaygirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Woman, 31, posed as high schooler for 7mths
    Posted: May 15 2014 at 7:19pm

Woman, 31, Accused of Posing as High School Student for 7 Months

ABC News
By RHEANA MURRAY 3 hours ago

Woman, 31, Accused of Posing as High School Student for 7 Months

View photo

Woman, 31, Accused of Posing as High School Student for 7 Months (ABC News)

A 31-year-old Texas woman pretended to be a high school sophomore for nearly an entire school year, fooling teachers, classmates and even the woman who took her in, school officials said.

“Everyone we talked to assumed she was a teenager like she said she was, because she looked like one,” Stuart Newlin, principal of New Life Christian School in Longview, Texas, told ABC News.

“She had friends," he said. "Everybody liked her.”

It’s not clear why Charity Anne Johnson, who was arrested this week, allegedly enrolled at the school in October as 15-year-old Charity Stevens.

“That’s the mystery. We have no clue,” Newlin said.

Johnson had no transcripts but said she had been home schooled, he added.

“She came in with a guardian; there was no reason to be suspicious,” Newlin said. “Usually, parents come in, they fill out the paperwork and we take their word for it. If they come from another school, you transfer records. If they come from home school, they don’t have those records.”

Tamica Lincoln, the woman whom Johnson had been living with, was dumbfounded.

“She acted like a kid. She did her homework. She got good report cards,” Lincoln, 30, told ABC News.

Johnson even kept up a presence on social media. She posed for selfies and posted snapshots of friendship bracelets and Hello Kitty on Instagram and Twitter -- all things that wouldn’t be out of place on a high school student’s account.

Lincoln had been Johnson’s caregiver since March, after meeting the woman at McDonald’s, where they both worked. She said Johnson told her she needed a place to stay after her parents died and her sister was kicked out of her apartment.

“I allowed her to come into my house," Lincoln said. "I was just trying to be nice and kindhearted and get her out of the situation she was in.”

She discovered Johnson might be lying about her age after getting a phone call from a woman who ran a group for needy children that Johnson tried to join. The woman had run a background check, Lincoln said.

“I started looking into it. I contacted the manager that works at that McDonald’s,” Lincoln said.

The manager pulled Johnson's paperwork and told Lincoln the woman was older than she claimed, Lincoln said.

Lincoln has since talked to several people who had similar stories about Johnson, she said.

Johnson was arrested late Monday after Lincoln called the police.

She lied about her name and was charged with failure to show identification, police said.

Johnson is behind bars at Gregg County Jail on a $500 bond.

ETA : Boyfriends story:

Boyfriend' of Accused 34-Year-Old High School Sophomore: ‘I Was Shocked’

ABC News
By RHEANA MURRAY 2 hours ago

'Boyfriend' of Accused 34-Year-Old High School Sophomore: ‘I Was Shocked’

View photo

'Boyfriend' of Accused 34-Year-Old High School Sophomore: ‘I Was Shocked’ (ABC News)

The 34-year-old from Texas accused of enrolling as a high school sophomore even fooled a man who said he was her boyfriend into thinking she was an innocent teenager, the man said.

Rickie Williams told KLTV, the ABC News affiliate in East Texas, that he had been dating Charity Anne Johnson since last summer. The 23-year-old said he learned of her arrest on Thursday.

Woman Accused of Posing as High School Student

“My best friend showed me and I was shocked,” he told the station.

Williams said Johnson, accused of posing as a 15-year-old sophomore at New Life Christian School in Longview, Texas, told him she was 18 years old.

New details continued to emerge days after Johnson, who allegedly enrolled at the high school in October using the name Charity Stevens, was arrested after allegedly giving Longview Police a fake name and age.

Osarieme Obaseki, who runs What About Us, a non-profit group for women and girls in need, told ABC News Johnson first called her last month, claiming to be a 14-year-old who needed help. The pair began talking on the phone and Obaseki, who lives in Dallas, gave Johnson advice and became a motherly figure during their conversations, she said.

Obaseki, 40, said she never spoke to Tamica Lincoln, who was Johnson’s guardian in Longview at the time.

“Soon, I began to be called, ‘Mom,’” Obaseki said. “I would hear her say little things like, ‘What if I popped up in Dallas?’”

That’s exactly what happened, Obaseki said.

Johnson took a train to Dallas to visit Obaseki for Mother’s Day, even bringing her a homemade, construction paper card, Obaseki said. Over the weekend, Obaseki became suspicious.

“I can’t really explain it, but I listened to her and knew something wasn't right. Her stories were changing,” Obaseki said. “When my sister saw her, she said, ‘That is not a child, look at her body!'”

Obaseki said she suspected there were other people Johnson called “Mom.”

“It’s just been a lot of lies and cover-up,” she said. "Nobody I spoke to has said it’s ever been a financial situation. She had money! It’s not that, at all."

Obaseki contacted Lincoln and the pair determined Johnson was lying about her age after calling McDonald’s, where Johnson worked, she said.

“The manager verified she had two applications on file," Obaseki said. "One birthday was 1982, the other was 1979. Either way, it proved she’s too old to be in high school.”

Johnson’s real birthday was November 1979, police said.

ABC News could not reach Johnson or any of her family members for comment. Police said she was being held on $500 bond at Gregg County Jail, accused of failure to ID herself and giving false and fictitious information, and had not yet had a lawyer appointed to represent her.

In the meantime, other people who knew Johnson have been coming forward.

"We have all wondered about her because she's always quiet and to herself, you know," Roshunda Floyd, who works at the Walmart in Longview, told KLTV.

Johnson worked at the McDonald's inside the Walmart.

Obaseki was eager to warn people about the woman she believed had lied about her age, on the possibility there might be prior cases.

“I want people to be aware of what she has done,” she said. "This goes farther than Longview and Dallas."

Obaseki added that there’s one moment from Johnson’s visit she can’t forget.

“The irony of it is that she writes," Obaseki said, "and she would say, ‘Momma, I’m going to be famous one day.’ And well, you’re famous! She’s famous!”

Edited by JamCaygirl - May 16 2014 at 5:40pm
Sponsored Links

thewonderfulwa View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (5) Thanks(5)   Quote thewonderfulwa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 15 2014 at 7:24pm
I enjoyed High School but not that much.
Tbaby View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (11) Thanks(11)   Quote Tbaby Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 15 2014 at 7:26pm
She took freeloading to a whole new level.
AshBash89 View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (21) Thanks(21)   Quote AshBash89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 15 2014 at 7:28pm
When "Black don't crack" goes wrong.
JeriMK55 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JeriMK55 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 15 2014 at 7:28pm
I just knew she had to be black lol 
niecy View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (9) Thanks(9)   Quote niecy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 15 2014 at 7:29pm
Wonder if she has mental issues or had problems in her childhood...
ThoughtCouture View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ThoughtCouture Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 15 2014 at 7:32pm
lol
Immie89 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote Immie89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 15 2014 at 7:33pm
Wow...maybe she missed out on that in her life?

But hello kitty?

Meh even at 15 i found it tacky.
liesnalibis View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (4) Thanks(4)   Quote liesnalibis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 15 2014 at 7:36pm
I would have fought that creepy bish.
ms_wonderland View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote ms_wonderland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 15 2014 at 7:38pm
doesn't look anywhere near 15 in the mugshot.  
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
FAB Hair Premium Hair Extensions
DivaWigs.com
Premium Quality Human Hair Extensions and Closures
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 7>
  Share Topic