Mynx Hair

Author
dynamite23 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Direct Link To This Post Topic: Woah-she lost 125 pounds in 2 months
    Posted: Mar 22 2010 at 7:40am
...............through water fastingShocked

and lived to tell her tale. I've water fasted here and there for short periods of time but this is on a whole nother scale

http://www.fitnessthroughfasting.com/obesity-water-fasting-a-story-of-dramatic-weight-loss-inspiration.html

Hello, first I want to say I really appreciate this website, finally someone praising the realistic views of fasting.

I struggled with my weight all my life( I am 28 soon to be 29 now). I was very overweight because of sexual abuse as a kid, not feeling like I received attention from my parents, not "fitting in" during school years, etc.

Food was always there for me- never talked back to me, or made fun of me, and loved me at whatever weight I was.

Well, to be honest it took me a lot of courage to post this, because as I meet people now at my current weight of 157lbs, my former fat days are like a bad blemish on a now white cloth.

A lot of people who are naturally smaller think when you're fat, you choose to be. Not all fat people eat junk food all day.

I feel (even though I have no related book research to accredit my theory to)genetics, your culture, your immediate family, and definitely emotional struggles have to do with a lot of people being overweight. It was for me anyway.

Food to me is the most poisonous, lethal "capable" drug. No one is going to pull you over for having too much food in your system, or ID you for food- or sentence you to a term in prison for eating a whole cake. Food was definitely my addiction.

Well, I am an intelligent woman, and I said to myself, "if fat is stored energy, if i don't eat for a while and just keep hydrated, i have no choice but to lose fat" also, if you put a little exercise alongside it, it will increase that fat loss...

So, over a course of 60 full days, I consumed nothing but water. I drank water to keep hydrated, and whenever I was hungry and thirsty.

I didn't follow with the usual 8 glasses, I had exactly my body weight in ounces. mind you I took in 140 ounces of water everyday, equivalent to ten bottles of water such as Dasani. Which meant... I weighed about 280 lbs.

Now if you're very heavy, fasting will not harm you. I am a strong supporter of obese people fasting. I think people should clarify the circumstances of when fasting is dangerous.

If you are NOT obese, then long term fasting isn't good. If your body can afford it, then you can fast longer. Over almost 60 days I lost about 125 pounds. It was an amazing journey.

The hunger pains, the automatic colon cleansing which with me required no salt - I think due to such a large intake of water. Clear, bright
skin, which.. I always had decent skin- but it looked nicer, definitely had a glow.

I am left with no sagging skin as people with gastric bypasses are left with. It has been rewarding. I think the biggest challenges of water fasting as an obese person is:

-Being without food, because it is a friend

-Hunger pains

-Knowing the difference between actually being hungry, and just wanting to eat.

-Being around common foods you eat and not letting the temptation get to you.

- and accepting your new body....

When you've spent all your life in a bigger body, you get comfy in it. The amount of attention you receive afterwards is just incredible. In a way it pissed me off because I was like "well gosh what did I look like before an ogre?"

I always had nice hair and a nice face, always dressed nice and everything, but... I guess to the normal world unless your body matches those elements it may not mean much....

The key to me keeping it off is easy- the energy your body naturally burned not eating you have to replace with exercising that same amount of calories, and eating healthy. I really hate when so many people make losing weight look so hard.

The number one thing to make weight loss successful is ATTITUDE. You gotta want to not be fat anymore, man. period. With a determined attitude you can do anything in life.

Point blank, and this is my own opinion from experience------

There is a fast way to lose a lot of weight and keep it off. That is water fasting. when you have fasted and reached your goal weight, stop the  fast, introduce easy to digest foods, accompanied by exercise, and slowly introduce a new food regimen with a healthy approach, and still keep that exercise in place.

It isn't that hard- and it wont happen with some magic pill. Your body, unless you are dead, WILL burn energy. Take away the food, you will get results. Again, I only promote this if you are seriously overweight as I was.

Use common sense! If you weight 170 lbs don't
fast for 60 days. If you are 300 lbs, you can afford to fast 40+days. Thats just the raw truth to me. I still fast once a week just to keep my
digestive tract and colon as clean as I can.

Think of eating as a job- everyone needs a day off from work, and your body deserves a break also occasionally. And also- I hardly lost a significant amount of muscle.

Regardless of the hype, if you water fast, you lose fat first, and you lose it fast, faster the heavier you are.

So for other people near 300 lbs wanting to fast, I think you'll lose 1-3 lbs a day or more. I did. But no food at all, no juice. No "bite of a sandwich" or "5 saltine crackers". Just water and the magic happens.

Again I love this site. I'd love your/you guys feedback!

Tempest

Edited by dynamite23 - Mar 22 2010 at 7:41am
Sponsored Links

Lilnicka4u2nv View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 22 2010 at 7:43am
That sounds extremely scary

I hope she's ok and knows how to maintain it because alot of people seem to forget that its hella easy to gain that weight back if you get too lazy.....
UnCommonFlower View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 22 2010 at 7:43am
that sounds so incredibly dangerous its not even funny.
pattigurlatl View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 22 2010 at 7:44am
Long term fasting isn't healthy obese or not. Ask any medical professional. I think it is incredibly irresponsible when people claim these amazing weight loss results from dangerous behaviors.
swweet*suga View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 22 2010 at 7:46am
THIS IS TOO CRAZY
NadiaPost View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 22 2010 at 7:48am
She can keep that regimen..Do Not Want..Once she starts eating normally she will gain it back..Water please..she knows she passed out about 20 times in those two months and her stool was probably clear
dynamite23 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 22 2010 at 7:49am
Originally posted by NadiaPost NadiaPost wrote:

She can keep that regimen..Do Not Want..Once she starts eating normally she will gain it back..Water please..she knows she passed out about 20 times in those two months and her stool was probably clear

LOLLOLLOLLOL
MsMahoganyRed View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 22 2010 at 7:50am
Originally posted by pattigurlatl pattigurlatl wrote:

Long term fasting isn't healthy obese or not. Ask any medical professional. I think it is incredibly irresponsible when people claim these amazing weight loss results from dangerous behaviors.

I agree 100%.  The title of this thread was scary enough I wish her the best with the rest of her journey but that is not healthy at all...she is lucky she walked away with her life and her health seems to still be intact.
pattigurlatl View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 22 2010 at 7:53am
You know what's even worse?

The moment that chick walks a flight of stairs, her heart won't know what to do with the strain she put it through.

keekaboo View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 22 2010 at 7:56am

Stern%20Smile it sounds like a fancier way to say anorexia. 60 days!?! you know how janitors like to be called custodial engineers...same thang, just sounds better.

Edited by keekaboo - Mar 22 2010 at 7:58am
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
iLace Wigs
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Netwurks Xcel21
Human Hair Wigs
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 9>
  Share Topic