Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Extensions Plus

Wisdom teeth :(

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 2 Votes, Average 3.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Ming View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ming Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 01 2014 at 8:46pm
lol.. BB youre the only one who said after was bad. My throat was swollen! It hurt to swallow but youre right, I wont ever feel that again. Some people are lucky and don't have to remove them. Mine were growing it nice, straight but I was with the teething at 20 y.o
Sponsored Links

BBpants View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BBpants Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 01 2014 at 8:50pm
Originally posted by Ming Ming wrote:

lol.. BB youre the only one who said after was bad. My throat was swollen! It hurt to swallow but youre right, I wont ever feel that again. Some people are lucky and don't have to remove them. Mine were growing it nice, straight but I was with the teething at 20 y.o

It was so horrible! I remember my family ordering all this wonderful food while I was stuck with soup! I was terrified of drinking out of straws and my mouth hurt like sh*t! My face was swollen and it left blood on my pillow!!

Cry omg im having flashbacks !!

Edited by BBpants - Mar 01 2014 at 8:51pm
Lady ICE View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lady ICE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 01 2014 at 8:51pm
i felt like i was dying. i had one taken out....then we had steake and mac and cheese for dinner that night.AngryErmm

as long as i had painkillers in my system i was cool. if it wore out then...yes i was dying. that was probably the worst part. i thought i'd be scared of the needle in my gums...you know cause they wanted to make it numb...well i was like Stern Smilebut it wasnt so bad. i was still talkin (cause i was nervous)and they had it out in a min or two..and i didnt even notice.
mangachan View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mangachan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 01 2014 at 8:58pm
I had to have mine removed because I was biting the insides of my jaws and things like that.  One night they hurt so bad I couldn't sleep.  I can't swallow pills so I just laid there in wisdom tooth induced agony.  I got the 2 at the bottom removed.  These 2 bastards at the top are still there..taunting me.  The recovery is pretty bad but I would defiantly suggest getting them all taken out at once so you don't have to deal with them later.  You'll thank yourself later.
browneyez4548 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote browneyez4548 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 01 2014 at 10:27pm
I'm going to bed, you guys are legit scaring me Cry And this is the first medical procedure that I'll be going to solo. I feel silly wanting to ask someone to take a day off to chaperone a dentist visit LOL I'm gonna be on local anesthesia and was told I should be able to drive afterwards.  I've watched way too many movies and heard too many news stories for me to feel comfortable being put to sleep on a dentist chair. So, awake I will be Lol Ouch

Originally posted by NJHairLuv NJHairLuv wrote:

Originally posted by Ming Ming wrote:

The younger you take them out, the better

Exactly. The longer you keep them, the longer the root of the tooth grows, then they practically have to break your jaw to remove them.

And wtf NJ???? CryCryOuch

browneyez4548 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote browneyez4548 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 01 2014 at 10:31pm
Originally posted by mangachan mangachan wrote:

I had to have mine removed because I was biting the insides of my jaws and things like that.  One night they hurt so bad I couldn't sleep.  I can't swallow pills so I just laid there in wisdom tooth induced agony.  I got the 2 at the bottom removed.  These 2 bastards at the top are still there..taunting me.  The recovery is pretty bad but I would defiantly suggest getting them all taken out at once so you don't have to deal with them later.  You'll thank yourself later.

Does it feel weird having the two on the top?

And I would have blended those pills into a nice little smoothie. After my last surgery, my pain tolerance went to -30 Lol
sexyandfamous View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sexyandfamous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 01 2014 at 11:12pm
Never needed to remove it, but when it was growing, it hurt like hell.
marumaruyobi View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote marumaruyobi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 02 2014 at 4:26am
Just get them all out at once. I remember talking to the assistant about something and then I was out. Woke up halfway through as he was yanking out one of them but didn't feel anything and was out again. I was barely awake for most of the recovery cus the drugs just made me sleep so I was well rested! 

The worst part for me was having to stretch my jaw afterward to gain the range of motion back so your muscles don't stiffen up. I thought I was doing a good job on my own until I went back and found out I wasn't. Given the alternative of dealing with that pain I would choose the surgery any day. 

Midna View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Midna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 02 2014 at 4:35am
I've got 4 I need to remove. Cry

I was told this at 18 but my mom tends to not care about whatever I have that requires surgery.

Well. I'm a working adult now and they're still there so I'll get them removed on my own.

Once in awhile, they do hurt. Dead I'm 22 now. I want to get them removed but I'm so afraid of the pain and getting a dry socket, aie!!

Edited by Midna - Mar 02 2014 at 4:35am
jdoriginal View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jdoriginal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 02 2014 at 5:31am
I had all 4 removed at around 25. They didnt hurt a single day...werent bothering me at all but the dentist said 2 were imapcted and 2 were partially impacted and I should take them out BEFORE they started to give trouble. Since my insurance paid for most of it I agreed. I went under general anesthesia and woke up crying. The waking up crying thing really freaked me out. I wondered if I had some kinda deep seated issues. Recovery wasnt bad.  Got 7 days home from work. Mouth bled a lot in the first day and face was swollen for all 7. Other than that it was pretty ok.

I kinda regret taking them all out now. Kinda wished I kept the 2 partially impacted ones cause I feel like my teeth hv shifted slightly and...just...like I took out part of my body for no reason.

Edited by jdoriginal - Mar 02 2014 at 5:39am
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Weave Connection
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
  Share Topic