Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Wisdom teeth :(

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 2 Votes, Average 3.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
browneyez4548 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote browneyez4548 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Wisdom teeth :(
    Posted: Mar 01 2014 at 8:05pm
Do you have them?

Did you get them all taken out or just the one bothering you?

I have an appointment on Wednesday to remove my wisdom tooth. Dentist wants to remove both on one side. According to him "If I only take out the bottom one that is bothering me, then eventually the top one would start to fall on it's own since it has nothing to align with" I gave him the biggest side eye Sleepy I only plan on removing one.

I swear I felt like the dentist and assistant were trying to "sale" me on pulling out more teeth than I needed too Sleepy sh*t is annoying af...medicine is truly a business..nothing more...for some :/

Anywho,

Opinions?

Experiences EmbarrassedEmbarrassed

Prep me...Everyone that I've asked to share their opinion is either "Oh, it was no biggie" or "Ommmggg girl, you are gonna die!!!! It's the worst pain ever! I'd rather give birth!!

Like, why can't I have chill friends??? They're either dramatic af or too fuking calm LOL 

Sponsored Links

Ming View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Ming Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 01 2014 at 8:18pm
@ youre gonna die... but for real tho

I was talking about this a couple hours ago at work. My coworker called out last week cause of hers. I took all 4 out before 21, if 2 were giving me fevers and a swollen jaw, why keep any? Plus they all had the nerve to grow in together.

No problem except for glands swelling and throat getting sore while healing. I'm the only person I know who that has happened to I took 2 out on the same day. I had to go to the ER for one cause it was hurting 2 weeks later. It was fine, just sore. Occasionally, I do get phantom tooth pain. Lol.. nothing there but its hurts. The younger you take them out, the better
browneyez4548 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote browneyez4548 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 01 2014 at 8:33pm
Ming, your experience just scared me..that sounds terrible Cry

I just don't want to go through any unnecessary pain, by taking out more than one Disapprove
SoutherNtellect View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote SoutherNtellect Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 01 2014 at 8:36pm
just do it all at once 
LilMissSunshine View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LilMissSunshine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 01 2014 at 8:38pm
I had an appointment to get mine removed earlier this year, but my appointment got canceled because of the snow, and I have yet to reschedule because I got bored and started googling things.
SoutherNtellect View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SoutherNtellect Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 01 2014 at 8:42pm
it's not so much about healthy teeth as it is the space in your mouth
NJHairLuv View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NJHairLuv Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 01 2014 at 8:42pm
i still have mind and im 40 with no issues, but they are still growing. im very very focused on keeping them healthy so that i dont have to deal with the agony that i hear people talk about. i think that my brothers still have their wisdom teeth too.
BBpants View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BBpants Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 01 2014 at 8:42pm
I got all of them removed. I had no problems with them but I had the option to remove them when they started to grow in. The pain afterwards was HORRIBLE but it was worth it cuz I don't have to deal with them again

Ming View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ming Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 01 2014 at 8:43pm
Lol.. girl sit down. Why go 4 time when you can go twice? I went 3 times. 1, 1 then 2. Hindsight... I have a low tolerance for pain. It was throbbing and I was like... uh uh its been 2 week, my bday coming so I went to the hospital .. Its over before you know it, wont even remember falling asleep. I really don't know why my glands swole tho. I'm glad I did it then, no job, just school. No unnecessary talking. I know people who went back to work after getting them removed.
NJHairLuv View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NJHairLuv Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 01 2014 at 8:44pm
Originally posted by Ming Ming wrote:

The younger you take them out, the better

Exactly. The longer you keep them, the longer the root of the tooth grows, then they practically have to break your jaw to remove them.
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
House of CB London
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Dime Curves Enhancement Shake
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Switch Up your Look with a protective Style