FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Extensions Plus

WIRERY DRY HARD EDGES PLEASE HELP!!!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>

Author
Ritle View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ritle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 21 2013 at 10:11am
Originally posted by ExotiqBeautii ExotiqBeautii wrote:

I follow them on Youtube and I love them, but the one with the 4c hair, her edges are not crusty like mine lol. That's exactly what I meant too, when I said even the 4c girls have that fine soft baby hair. I don't have a strand of baby hair at my hairline. I will take pictures of my hairline so you guys can see what I mean. I'm about to go check out the LOC method right now. Thanks to all, and please keep them coming!

Owhhh you already do follow them.
When you said they remain wiry and hard I thought that perhaps the products you were using could be the issue.
But I know that edges can be a challenge where moisturizing is concerned for some, coincidentally I have read about some ladies that can't get them to lay down no matter what they do on a 4c forum I think it's called nappycme or something like that, I will see if I can find anything more to help, because she mentioned something about finding her own solution as the scarf method wasn't working for her but did not mention what that was in that particular thread.

If I find anything I will let you know.
Sponsored Links

Ms_Kudos View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ms_Kudos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 22 2013 at 8:16am
I know what you're talking about!  I don't have it all along my hair line, but used to at the point right at the sideburnlike area...don't know how else to describe it...ANYWAY!  I do LOC, and I my new love is Trader Joes aloe vera gel works great to keep moisturized.
To lay my edges down I use Organic Root Stimulator Olive Oil Edge Control (don't use a lot!), but I keep hearing rave reviews about Hicks Edge Control.

Just found a comparison video
ExotiqBeautii View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote ExotiqBeautii Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 27 2013 at 5:30pm
Girl, Hicks can kiss the pink part of my a*hole LOL That mess was running down my face after two minutes of putting it on, and within 30 seconds of applying it, my hair instantly started reverting back. I was walking around looking a hot mess and a half and didnt even know it. That crap had me getting crazy looks from people. I was so embarrassed. People were like, "Why are you sweating so hard?!" lol I had to keep wiping my face off, because it looked like I was sweating harder than a pervert caught in the bushes jacking off (sorry, i have a raw sense of humor Wink). But yes, it's super hard to explain! its like when you do dishes all day and your hands get EXTREMELY dry, hard, and cracked. That's how my hair feels in the front after adding ANYTHING! It astounds me that very few of us experience this hair texture, especially out of all the naturals I've talked to!
Ms_Kudos View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ms_Kudos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 28 2013 at 10:01am
Ooookay...so I won't be buying Hicks!!
But try LOC method, seriously... I did my hair last night and when I got to the part by my ears I thought of this thread!!  Crispy! Sprayed my leave-in, drop of argan oil, and some B.A.S.K. Hair cream, and ish was like butta!
KikiScorpio92 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KikiScorpio92 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 28 2013 at 11:37am
Congrats Ms Kudos I'm glad you found the LOC method helpful
krisviola1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote krisviola1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 08 2013 at 5:47pm
Whoever discovered the perfect combination to applying hair products, Liquid Oil and Cream, was very smart. 

If you are still having hair trouble, I would recommend shea butter.  Nothing adds shine and softness like real shea butter.
sbrownie84 View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sbrownie84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 08 2013 at 6:06pm
TGI Bedhead Wax stick is awesome
Watchme205 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Watchme205 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 18 2013 at 4:23pm

I have the same issue. My hair is springy coils in back and loose big curls in the crown. The front though, is rough and wiry with no curl pattern. The only thing that works for me is to wet the front area and add shea moisture curl enhancing smoothie. Next I put castor oil on my edges only and brush through. I only do this at night because it has to be tied down with a scarf while it dries. When I take the scarf off my edges are laid like baby hair. Hope this helps.

NARSAddict View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NARSAddict Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 19 2013 at 8:41pm
Have you tried using Murrays Beeswax and using a boars brush to get your edges layed in addition to the scarf method and wetting the hair?
Silvera24 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Silvera24 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 21 2013 at 7:36am
Hi ladies what is the LOC method yall are talking about?  Is there somewhere I read more about it?  I am having such horrors with my hair right now.  I saw this post about wirey dry and hard and I thought of my hair right now its like straw Cry  Im so frustrated...
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Weave Connection
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
  Share Topic