Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Perfect Hair Collection

Windows XP End of Life ($100 off New PC)

Post Reply Post Reply

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
PurplePhase View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PurplePhase Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Windows XP End of Life ($100 off New PC)
    Posted: Mar 25 2014 at 4:09pm
I'm sure I'm the only one who STILL has a computer that runs windows XP. Not my main computers, but I have one that I use daily for server stuff that runs XP because it plays well with other things. This EoL news hurt my soul but as hub says it's time to give it up LOL. I don't wanna.Cry

If you're still using Windows XP, you just won $100 from Microsoft.

The only catch is that you have to upgrade to a new Windows 8 computer.

Those who are eligible for the promotion can redeem the credit at Microsoft's online store or their retail shops -- and the fact that you still use the 13-year old Windows XP is subject to verification by Microsoft (MSFT, Fortune 500). The offer is good for PCs ranging in price from $599 and $2,299 and will run until June 15.

The promotion is part of Microsoft's plan to get the last remaining Windows XP users off the operating system before the April 8 end of life date. After April 8, Microsoft will no longer issue security updates to address viruses and exploits to the operating system.

Related: Microsoft is about to take Windows XP off life support

Edited by PurplePhase - Mar 25 2014 at 4:09pm
Sponsored Links

tropical-punch View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote tropical-punch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 25 2014 at 4:15pm
I think my job still has computers that run on XP.
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote PurplePhase Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 25 2014 at 4:18pm
^^it is a lovely thing (xp ) lol

Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote PurplePhase Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 25 2014 at 4:30pm
Bank are scrambling because 95% of the  ATMs run on windows xp.  That could be a mess with no security updates. They want an extension of support from microsoft.

Edited by PurplePhase - Mar 25 2014 at 4:31pm
thickblkbarbie View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote thickblkbarbie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 25 2014 at 5:00pm
I think my job is still running xp , we receive email from the corp office..that we are to update.. All I know we received several PDF attachment
HowardAlumAKA View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HowardAlumAKA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 25 2014 at 6:44pm
My job just upgraded us from xp
Midna View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Midna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 25 2014 at 6:45pm
Gumdrop92 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gumdrop92 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 25 2014 at 7:21pm
My job just upgraded about a month ago... smh
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PurplePhase Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 25 2014 at 7:41pm
Originally posted by Gumdrop92 Gumdrop92 wrote:

My job just upgraded about a month ago... smh

you don't like the upgrade?
Fcgriffin View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fcgriffin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 25 2014 at 8:44pm
We upgraded to windows 8 at work and OMG THE HEADACHES WE HAVE! It's nice to look at but we have to remotely access other systems and apps to get our work done....like two desktops. Every day we are on the phone with IT. Getting a headache now just thinking about tomorrow
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
House of CB London
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Dime Curves Enhancement Shake
Dependable Quality Hair
Switch Up your Look with a protective Style
 Post Reply Post Reply