Will world war z flop?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
It Always Begin With Beautiful Hair

Bootiful Cream

Author
princesshoneybee View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote princesshoneybee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Will world war z flop?
    Posted: Jun 18 2013 at 2:36am
Jolie and Pitt are promoting hard. which makes me think the movie is rubbish and they are overcompensating for something.  The movie cost 400 million to make because they had to redo the ending which cost an extra 2 million on top of the 200 million budget Brad's production company set previously. Plus i think people are a little tired of zombies and armagedon movies. Will world war z flop? will you see it?

Edited by princesshoneybee - Jun 18 2013 at 2:42am
Sponsored Links

carolina cutie View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carolina cutie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 18 2013 at 2:45am
From what I think I remember, they filmed the movie then had another director/writer come in and film parts to insert into the finished movie because the original cut sucked. From the previews that tell me nothing about the plot, I don't think it'll be a great Pitt movie.

Turning the World War Z buzz around

Posted by David Konow

This summer, there are two movies that have a lot on the line: The Lone Ranger, and World War Z. A Wall Street analyst even predicted they could end up being the biggest flops of this moviegoing season, if not the year.

The Lone Ranger has had trouble from the get-go, to the point where Disney actually shut the film down while sets were being built, and only when Johnny Depp, director Gore Verbinski (Pirates of the Caribbean), and producer Jerry Bruckheimer agreed to reduce their fees did the shoot continue. Reports of trouble on World War Z have also been incessant, and it looks like Paramount is going on the offensive, especially after a Vanity Fair cover story that detailed the runaway train production.

Deadline just ran a story claiming they’ve seen the film, and that in their opinion it’s far from the disaster everyone’s been predicting. As Mike Fleming writes, “I can honestly say that it’s better than good; try a rocking, smart, pulse pounding big scale pandemic with raging zombies, tension and the kind of hero star turn Brad Pitt hasn’t done in a long time.” (Don’t forget last summer Deadline also tried to convince us that Battleship would be a big hit.) 

Screenwriter Damon Lindelof (Lost, Star Trek Into Darkness) recalled that after working on the screenplay for Prometheus, he got an emergency call about World War Z, because Brad Pitt liked the Prometheus script. Lindelof saw 75 minutes of the movie, which reportedly worked, and he told the Reporter “The idea of a large-scale, epic, $150 million zombie movie starring Brad Pitt sounds pretty good to me. Because I haven’t seen that before.” 

As a script doctor, Lindelof can make $200-300,000 a week, and he wrote sixty new script pages for the movie, which cost the production $20 million on top of its $170 million budget. Drew Goddard, who co-wrote and directed Cabin in the Woods, chimed in with help as well. While Lindelof was willing to help out with World War Z, he definitely didn’t want to take on Star Wars for his friend JJ Abrams, which he said would be “a lose-lose for me in every way shape or form.” 

Again, until the final legit reviews are in, all bets are off on this one, and it could go several ways. It could either be a truly great movie, simply good, fair to mediocre, or just downright dreadful. Where on earth it could actually land, we have no idea, but we’ll know the answer in less than a month when World War Z finally lands in theaters on June 21. 

nekamarie83 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote nekamarie83 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 18 2013 at 2:51am
if most of the people wanting to see it read the book, yes. huge max brooks' fan, my ex was pissed when he saw the plug for the film. 

if people are just seeing a movie about zombies, maybe not. 

i expect a mid/high range box office open to get in all of those first responders.  then it'll fizzle out as the word spreads about how crap it is. 

eta: nah-- i'll pass. zombies are wearing thin for me. 

you know how hollywood likes to milk a fad dry.

Edited by nekamarie83 - Jun 18 2013 at 2:52am
Katrenia View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Katrenia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 18 2013 at 3:12am
I hope it's good. I love zombie movies and I hope to be scared for weeks after seeing it.
PeacefulOne View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote PeacefulOne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 18 2013 at 3:16am
reading the book now.  i will see it just to get my walking dead fix.   but i no like fast zombies.Stern Smile
newdiva1 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote newdiva1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 18 2013 at 3:32am
I didn't know it was a book.  i'll prolly go see it tho.
Prazol60 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Prazol60 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 18 2013 at 4:10am
I usually like these types of movies but I am done with it for now. It has been enough the last couple years to the point where they all seem to blend into each other.
sexibeach View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sexibeach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 18 2013 at 5:13am
that's the impression i got, when he's out promoting the movie and all he's got to talk about is her breast it must not be that good.. its like he's pimping her breast surgery to get folks to pay attention.. 

Edited by sexibeach - Jun 18 2013 at 5:13am
SweetNovember* View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SweetNovember* Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 18 2013 at 5:23am
I love zombie movies! I'll check out the book too when I'm done with my current reading.
zolloh View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote zolloh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 18 2013 at 8:03am
It will join Will Smith's movie in the flop bin
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Weave Connection
Little Black Scarf
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>