BHM BHM BHM
Summer Hair Takeover Specials
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Will Real Hip Hop Ever Be Resurrected?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 5>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
khivey View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote khivey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 01 2013 at 3:22am
Originally posted by Prazol60 Prazol60 wrote:

Originally posted by khivey khivey wrote:

Nas found a way to do it. He gets airtime...There has to be a strategic, yet very creative way to go about educating through music. 

Nas has a lot of uneducated stuff in his music. He tries to be deep but anybody that has read a book sees he is wrong at times. I would not rely on none of these people to educate. That is for parents and schools to do. That view of rappers educating should have been dead.

He is always talking about something...he has a message in a lot of his songs...sometimes he uses book education in his music, but at least he is talking about something a lot of the time. 

Right now, it just seems like this new generation idolizes music stars so much, it is sad, but they have "power" and music could have been used as a vehicle to educate...most of these rappers have ghost writers anyways, so it would be perfect to have their lyrics geared towards educating and sending positive messages to the people. However, that would not happen because they like to keep our kids dumb and reciting bubble gum jargon Ouch 
Sponsored Links

khivey View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote khivey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 01 2013 at 3:26am
Yes I do know my generation had some sh* for music, but they still told stories, even if they were explicit and inappropriate, they told real stories...and it was entertaining..it just seems like a lot of artists today just brag and play on words and have catchy hooks...oh well. I guess there were people who felt the same way about the music from my generation. 
newdiva1 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote newdiva1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 01 2013 at 3:57am
true.  i think that back in the day....it was more balanced.  u had your fun "do what u like" and "I go to work" along with "rebirth of slick" and "fight the power".  I'm not a hip hop professional.  I'm just going off what I remember hearing daily on the radio.
Random Thoughts View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote Random Thoughts Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 01 2013 at 3:58am
Originally posted by newdiva1 newdiva1 wrote:

true.  i think that back in the day....it was more balanced.  u had your fun "do what u like" and "I go to work" along with "rebirth of slick" and "fight the power".  I'm not a hip hop professional.  I'm just going off what I remember hearing daily on the radio.

You're absolutely right.

Too late to go in depth but the difference between the golden ages and now is balance.
Prazol60 View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (4) Thanks(4)   Quote Prazol60 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 01 2013 at 4:11am
I think if we look at the bigger picture there is a total un-educating of America going on. You have tons being poured into military and less into the Department of Education. I believe that and the Department of Wildlife or whatever ya'll have get the least amount of money. So, you have a population of uneducated. They don't want to learn or if they do then they want it in tiny bits. This is why you see those pop-eduction slideshows, big pictures with little depth articles. I see people on FB posting those science meme's that are really don't educational. Yes, we have people out there trying but who is really listening?

Some of the most popular tv shows are light talk, reality and sitcoms. In another thread I think it was GKiss that pointed out that in the 70's you had those Norman Lear shows that had depth. All around that is missing in America.

I may be totally off base but as an outsider looking in this is what I see. This is what is exported to us. TLC here shows Honey Booboo, some cake and tattoo stuff and Fashion Police. Discovery is almost always about restoring some cars and pawn shops. Even our National Geographic has Ice Road Truckers and Worlds Worst Roads. All exported from the US.

Edited by Prazol60 - Aug 01 2013 at 4:11am
_ConcreteRose_ View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote _ConcreteRose_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 01 2013 at 5:17am
Im not a hip hop head either. Im curious how you guys classify these people. real hip hop or not? and why? I don't think I understand the definition of real hip hop, I just started getting into it myself.
Drake
Kendrick Lamar
J Cole
Kanye
Wale
Jay Z

Edited by _ConcreteRose_ - Aug 01 2013 at 5:19am
bunzaveli View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (4) Thanks(4)   Quote bunzaveli Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 01 2013 at 6:07am

drake is a real Brotha, no sarcasm.

Edited by bunzaveli - Aug 01 2013 at 6:07am
whitrhymes View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote whitrhymes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 01 2013 at 7:24am
Concrete I would classify all of them as real hip hop... Except Drake... he kind of flip flops but he makes good solid music... The others have a higher percentage of real music I think,  but I still love Drake and think his music will transcend.

kfoxx1998 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote kfoxx1998 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 01 2013 at 7:53am
Originally posted by Random Thoughts Random Thoughts wrote:

Originally posted by newdiva1 newdiva1 wrote:

You're absolutely right.

Too late to go in depth but the difference between the golden ages and now is balance.

Exactly.  Hip hop has always been a very diverse genre but has lost much of its diversity with everyone basically chasing the same spot.  Feels like there are no longer specific lanes for each to shine. 
Addicted19034 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Addicted19034 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 01 2013 at 8:28am
No
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
FAB Hair Premium Hair Extensions
DivaWigs.com
Premium Quality Human Hair Extensions and Closures
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 5>