Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Angkor Cambodian Hair

Will Real Hip Hop Ever Be Resurrected?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 5>
It Always Begin With Beautiful Hair

Bootiful Cream

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
khivey View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote khivey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Will Real Hip Hop Ever Be Resurrected?
    Posted: Aug 01 2013 at 2:44am
LOL

Sponsored Links

Prazol60 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (5) Thanks(5)   Quote Prazol60 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 01 2013 at 2:51am
It was never dead to start with...Krs was in Groningen not long ago so he is still busy. I think quite a few artist put out music but it just isn't played on radio or tv but is popular online in some circles. Lots just don't have the PR teams to make the push to mainstream or just don't want it. Once you get mainstream you have pressure to change, lots of creeps coming around with their hand out, people call you a sell out. If you are an artist, who wants that?
afrokock View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote afrokock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 01 2013 at 3:00am
I was listening to ice cubes who got the camera today

22 years later, sh*t is still pertinent
newdiva1 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote newdiva1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 01 2013 at 3:05am
U mean hip hop with a serious political/social message?  On some 90's sh*t?  No I don't think so....at least not mainstream.
Random Thoughts View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (4) Thanks(4)   Quote Random Thoughts Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 01 2013 at 3:05am
KRS' recent music is terribad.

I doubt the mainstream airways of rap return to where it was in either of the golden ages. If there ever is a third golden age, it'll prolly have to coincide with a paradigm shift of some sort within the black community. And the complete collapse of the current economical structure of our music industry.

Edited by Random Thoughts - Aug 01 2013 at 3:07am
khivey View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote khivey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 01 2013 at 3:06am
Nas found a way to do it. He gets airtime...There has to be a strategic, yet very creative way to go about educating through music. 

Prazol60 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote Prazol60 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 01 2013 at 3:08am
Not a fan of 2Chaninz but I would not say he isn't hip-hop or fake. There has always been the less serious side. It has never been all serious stuff. Wu-tang had some message in their music but they also had some crazy movie type stuff going on.

Yeah, his recent music hasn't been all that great. It is pretty messed up to see these artist playing rinky-dinky places in some backwoods location but we all got bills and food to buy.
Prazol60 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (4) Thanks(4)   Quote Prazol60 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 01 2013 at 3:11am
Originally posted by khivey khivey wrote:

Nas found a way to do it. He gets airtime...There has to be a strategic, yet very creative way to go about educating through music. 

Nas has a lot of uneducated stuff in his music. He tries to be deep but anybody that has read a book sees he is wrong at times. I would not rely on none of these people to educate. That is for parents and schools to do. That view of rappers educating should have been dead.
Gkisses View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (5) Thanks(5)   Quote Gkisses Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 01 2013 at 3:14am
Im not a hiphop head so my take on it may be way off.... so ill say this. There were "2chains" type rappers  back in the day as well. Not all rap then had a profound message.  I mean even going back before KRS1 to like Sugar Hill gang and what not some rappers just rapped about having a good time. 

What has changed is the ideal of what a good time is ...lol but those conscious thought provoking  rappers are still out there. Its not going to hand fed to you but they do exist. Even those who start that way once they hit mainstream are a bit softened to appeal to a wide audience.

The idea that its this generation that has diluted what hiphop was or really is is something i dont agree with but its just that hiphop has be come so diverse that..that some things may not seem recognizable to what some come accustomed to growing up....

I believe this is something that takes place in every genre of music... but thats just my take on it... im sure a hiphop head could clear it up tho..lol 
afrokock View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote afrokock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 01 2013 at 3:22am
Yes nigguhs forget tone loc

Koop moe dee

Etc etc
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Weave Connection
Little Black Scarf
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair