Forum Home Forum Home > Hair Care > Wigs
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Perfect Hair Collection

Wigs that fit bigger heads?

Post Reply Post Reply

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
Kai Decadence View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kai Decadence Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Wigs that fit bigger heads?
    Posted: Jul 24 2014 at 12:37am
I was just wondering if there were any wig brands that fit larger heads? So far, I've tried the Freetress Equal Tosca wig and it was too small for my head... And it's a shame too because the Freetress line has so many awesome short-hair wigs lol.

So, I was wondering if there are any wig brands out there that are made for bigger heads? My head circumference is about 25-26" and from my forehead to nape, it's about 17". I still have my hair so I feel that's why it makes my head a little bigger than it and I do plan on cutting it soon but just wanted to know. Thanks in advance. :)

And yes, I am a guy.
Sponsored Links

PerfectDiva View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PerfectDiva Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 24 2014 at 2:13pm
Originally posted by Kai Decadence Kai Decadence wrote:

I was just wondering if there were any wig brands that fit larger heads? So far, I've tried the Freetress Equal Tosca wig and it was too small for my head... And it's a shame too because the Freetress line has so many awesome short-hair wigs lol.

So, I was wondering if there are any wig brands out there that are made for bigger heads? My head circumference is about 25-26" and from my forehead to nape, it's about 17". I still have my hair so I feel that's why it makes my head a little bigger than it and I do plan on cutting it soon but just wanted to know. Thanks in advance. :)

And yes, I am a guy.

What types of wigs Human, synthetic? Lace wigs/traditional? I have a big head too, I usually get custom units because off the rack units are usually a little tight. I'll do some research and get back.
NJHairLuv View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NJHairLuv Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 24 2014 at 2:16pm
Sadly, it is almost impossible to find a cute beauty supply store wig in 23"+, so you may have to make discreet cuts into the wig cap to make it fit correctly at 25-26"

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kai Decadence Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 24 2014 at 3:15pm
Originally posted by PerfectDiva PerfectDiva wrote:

Originally posted by Kai Decadence Kai Decadence wrote:

And yes, I am a guy.

What types of wigs Human, synthetic? Lace wigs/traditional? I have a big head too, I usually get custom units because off the rack units are usually a little tight. I'll do some research and get back.

Mmm well the Freetress Equal Tosca wig is a human wig or rather, that's what it claims. I'm mostly looking for shorter hairstyles at the moment that give off an "alternative" vibe or the mohawk look. I'd prefer human hair since it looks more natural than the synthetic-plastic-like wigs however, if there was a synthetic wig that didn't look so plastic/fake-like, I'd give it a try if it would fit my head lol.

I'm not sure about lace front wigs because most of them seem to be longer hair with the parting in the middle which is not really what I'm looking for. Not to mention, I'm looking for shorter styles as opposed to long ones right now.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kai Decadence Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 24 2014 at 3:19pm
Originally posted by NJHairLuv NJHairLuv wrote:

Sadly, it is almost impossible to find a cute beauty supply store wig in 23"+, so you may have to make discreet cuts into the wig cap to make it fit correctly at 25-26"

I'm beginng to think you're right. I spent the last 3 nights looking for answers on whether there were any wig brands that offered larger sizes but at the most, it only goes up to 23". Bummer... lol And like I said, it sucks because there are some awesome short haired wigs I'd get in a heartbeat.

I did come across a youtube video of an idea on how to make a wig fit a larger head. The method was using alcohol in a spray bottle and spraying the interior wefts of the wig to make it more stretchy. That one seemed like it might work but I'm not entirely sure. Another one I said was cutting a part of the weft off and sewing in a more elastic-like weft but the problem is I don't know how to sew...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kai Decadence Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 24 2014 at 10:57pm
Yeah, I tried giving a look into custom wigs. The options are pretty good regarding you are able to create the size you need but are there any stores that let you customize how you want a wig to look visually?
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
House of CB London
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Dime Curves Enhancement Shake
Dependable Quality Hair
Switch Up your Look with a protective Style
 Post Reply Post Reply