Extensions Plus

Topic ClosedWigs at the Club?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
It Always Begin With Beautiful Hair

Premier Lace Wigs

Mynx Hair

Author
designergirl84 View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Topic: Wigs at the Club?
    Posted: Oct 12 2011 at 7:16pm
I'm considering getting my first wig and I have a couple of questions. I posted sometime last month about what kind of style I could wear to this crazy club my friends and I went to a while back because the place was so sweaty and hot that my hair (relaxed) was a poofy, frizzy, wild mess by the end of the night. I've been playing around trying different updos, but someone suggested I get a wig, and I've actually gotten really excited about the idea. BUT, I'm nervous about it falling off! I tried googling tips on how to keep your wig secure, and the first result was thisShocked I am now mortified.

We're hitting the same spot this Saturday. My plan was to get up early and go to the wig shop to try and find something and play around with it/get the look right before it's time to go. What is the best way to keep a wig secure during a night of partying? Will just pinning it with 982561303487100000000 bobby pins work? I'm kinda iffy about using glue.

Also, should I get human or synthetic hair? I know synthetic is less expensive, and some of them can handle heat and are decent quality, but I worry that it'll get all tangled and ratty faster than human hair would, especially at this particular club. Plus I've heard synthetic doesn't last as long, and all of the synthetic wigs I've seen are too shiny and plastic looking for me.

So, can I make this work? Or should I just let the dream die and wear my own hair in a plain old bun?

Sponsored Links

mocherry View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 12 2011 at 7:19pm
if you have decent length, create a perimeter braid and sew the wig down to the braid......

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 12 2011 at 7:27pm
I have about mid-length hair, but I'm not very good at flat twists or plaits.

TOUSHA11 View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 12 2011 at 7:28pm
I wear wigs out on the time I use head bands or bobby pins to secure it and mostly likely it will not come off unless you bending over or someone take it off which call for a ASS WHOOPING. It is up to you and how long you want the wig to last whether you get synthetic or human I wear synthetic I usually wear WAVY OR CURLY HAIR it does not get sweated OUT or tangled like straight hair IMO.Good luck have a good time.
laddie View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 12 2011 at 7:34pm
I usually cornrow my hair and then use...
Bobby pins. Lots of them. It'll hold it down.
Depending on the quality of wigs--all of them will tangle. (Especially if you're getting it from the BSS.)
For curly--try synthetic. For straight--go with human.

1timer View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 12 2011 at 10:09pm
I say synthetic.  Human hair wigs can get sweated out just like your own hair.  Synthetics stay pretty perfect.  It won't last as long but it won't cost as much either. 

For security get a wig with combs and an adjustable strap and then still use alot of bobby pins.

What length and style do you have in mind?  The experts on this board might be able to recommend some that aren't too shiny and fake.  You can also kill the shine with baby powder.

Edited by 1timer - Oct 12 2011 at 10:12pm

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 12 2011 at 10:51pm
Hello, and thank you! I guess I'll go with synthetic. :)

Definitely nothing too long. Before I trimmed my hair it was about APL, so nothing too much longer than that. Thanks for the baby powder tip! I also saw some videos on Youtube where people crisscrossed the bobby pins and it looked pretty sturdy.

As for style I either want soft waves, soft curls, or straight, maybe with a bang. Nothing too kinky or curly, but I might not get a bone straight one if I'm going to do synthetic. I know it won't be perfect, but I'd like it to look as natural as possible.

1timer View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 13 2011 at 7:14pm

Have you check out the wig photos thread?

Also go to hairsisters and browse for styles you might like.
triplet1_3 View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 14 2011 at 8:29pm
I would go with wigs that have a drawstring because imo they are more secure than the ones with the adjustable straps. tammy (half wig) is a really nice wig that anyone can wear natural or relaxed and it still looks very natural looking
shamieya View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 19 2011 at 5:43pm
1. I think I was the one who made that suggestion- and guess what, my wig did fall off in the club! It didn't have combs and I didn't secure it at all. I was on the dancefloor and I felt it moving, then suddenly it was on the floor. I moved to fast to pick it up and threw it on my head then high-tailed it to the bathroom. I know that sounds mortifying but- it was actually pretty funny.
Get some pins if the wig doesn't have combs; you'll be fine.

2. Human or synthetic- I don't think it matters but: As you've seen on this website you can reduce the shine on a wig. I'd go with synthetic- why? Cheaper, if it gets ratty, buy another one. Depending on the club people will probably be smoking which means you will probably want to have it reserved just for the club anyway. My club wigs were synthetic. Don't worry too much about it!
Sunwell
China Lace Wigs
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Netwurks Xcel21
Human Hair Wigs
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic