Forum Home Forum Home > Hair Care > Wigs
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Angkor Cambodian Hair

Wigs and a skull magnetic device?

Post Reply Post Reply

Bootiful Cream

Author
peaceloveandcurls View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peaceloveandcurls Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Wigs and a skull magnetic device?
    Posted: Jan 01 2013 at 10:05pm
I am going to make a u part wig and attach a closure on it. I have two concerns. 

1) I've never been thru an airport security so excuse my silly questions in advance LOL I'm worried about going through airport security with a wig on. I'm using the wig to help grow my hair out and it's mostly likely going to be at least a 2 year thing until I reach my goal of MBL. Are there any alternatives like plastic wig clips to prevent having airport security snatch my wig off? Embarrassed

2) I wear a CI, so I have a magnetic piece inside my head and the CI has a magnetic piece. These magnetic pieces connect together with the CI outside of my skull. It's to help me hear. So my concern is the wig. I've worn clip in extensions and the piece was able to connect on top of all the hair. But sometimes hair can block the connection to keep it on. So I figure, if I'm going to have not only hair but a type of material for the wig underneath the wig, it may make the connection harder. I'm unsure of what I will make the wig of (a dome, regular wig cap, etc) but I was hoping to get suggestions on what type of material to make the wig off would be best for both my purposes in wearing a wig and for not interfering with the connection of a magnetic piece. If it does, I won't be able to hear. Unhappy
Sponsored Links

sunshine321511 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sunshine321511 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 02 2013 at 7:47pm
Hey peace and love - I put some tips about airport travel in my posting called....how to make your wig look its best.  It is around page 7or so.

I think you might be best sewing it down but I did go on the plane with pins in my hair.  I just told the travel security right up front what my situation was to avoid the drama.  I was held to the side and my hair was inspected so I'm sure they will do the same for you if your wig is not sewn down.

The other question, I'm not sure, I'd check you tube.

Not to discourage you but U part wigs are not that easy to make, its not just sewing the hair it is the cutting and styling.  read my post about cutting a lace wig open into a U PART wig.  I have videos and links to show you how to do it.  It is also in the same posting...how to make your wig look its best.

sunshine

GOOD LUCK!!!
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Weave Connection
Little Black Scarg
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon