FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Angkor Cambodian Hair

Wig cutting/styling?

Post Reply Post Reply
It Always Begin With Beautiful Hair

Bootiful Cream

Author
Kai Decadence View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kai Decadence Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Wig cutting/styling?
    Posted: Apr 28 2014 at 3:02am
Hello there. I apologize for this question but I just thought I should ask here. In another thread I created, I was deciding whether to go with extensions or wig. I decided to try a wig but I'm having trouble finding a style I like so I felt maybe, I should ask for help here.

I know that it's not very normal for a guy to wear wigs but I've already made up my mind. I was just wondering if it would be possible to get a wig and cut it into a style I'd like.

I want to go for a short punk-like style. Something similar to these here.

((How I'd like to lay the side bang))

So really, I just have 3 questions...

• -Would it be possible to cut and style a wig in such a style?
  • -Is it possible to keep a wig on even during a windy day? (It gets pretty windy where I live and it's kind of unpredictable at times...)
  • -If you have relaxed hair, would it be possible to tuck it under a cap to wear a wig over it?

Thank you in advance, I really appreciate the help and feedback. Smile

Sponsored Links

hennared View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hennared Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 28 2014 at 4:54am
Hi -

you would not be the first member here who is male; no worries there.  Smile

I think that style is doable in a wig, the problem is going to be, you will need a lot of product for that look, and it could dry the wig out.  What are you hoping to spend and are you thinking human hair or
synthetic?    Human hair, you could use regular hair products.  With synthetic I don't think you could get that kind of lift.  (i might be wrong but that is my guess)

The other problem IMHO with that style, you will need a LOT of hair, as lifting all that hair up will expose the base of the wig, not a good look.  you might need to custom order something to get the density you would need.

The best way to keep a wig on in wind is to tape it down.  You might want to be thinking lace front.  But some traditional wig have a polyurethane strip in front you could also tape to.

Now, relaxed hair I know nothing about as I am caucasian Smile

I know for a fact there are some real knowledgable men on youtube with wig wearing videos, but I can't remember any names.. you might try to find them.   But you might try and find Wisney here, 'upstairs' in the lace wig section; he is a he!

sunshine321511 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sunshine321511 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 28 2014 at 10:51am
Hey, Welcome - I think this is a cut for a professional, but you know...I think I have seen wigs similar to this style.  Let me take a look and come back shortly.
sunshine321511 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote sunshine321511 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 28 2014 at 10:56am
Now this wig is NOT and exact match...but I can see if you flat iron it out that it could look similar.  It is shorter on the sides.  Once again, this is not an exact match but it could be a starting point of a ready made wig.

albazhao View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote albazhao Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 29 2014 at 1:00am

If you want to wear wigs, I can help you find the best hair replacement factory, you can order hair replacement that fits you perfectly.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kai Decadence Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 29 2014 at 2:48am
Hm  I see.

As for the type of hair (Synthetic or Human). I was thinking about going with human as I hear it is a lot more manageable but I may get a few synthetic ones to give the human ones a break. As far as money, I'm really only looking to spend no more than 80$ if I have to. lol

Looking at the examples I posted, I can see how it could be a problem with the products and trying to have it lift. The last thing I want to do is dry out the wig so soon so I probably wouldn't go overboard with the teasing and spiking. i'll try to look into the custom wigs.

I would go for a lace front but they're kind of out of my budget at the moment unfortunately so I'm looking for a more affordable alternative haha. LOL

I'll try looking up some wig tutorials for men on youtube. Thank you so much for your help!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kai Decadence Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 29 2014 at 2:57am
Hmm you know, I think that could work! I mean, she was using the flat iron to curl it upward but maybe, I'd be able to achieve the look if I just flat iron it downwards perhaps? Plus, she added some hair to her wig as well so for the side bangs, I could try adding in some longer sides D.I.Y. style... Very interesting.

Thanks for sharing this!

As for the professional comment, that was originally my plan. I was going to buy a long wig, then take it to a salon and have the beauty experts cut it out in the style. Smile
naturesgift View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote naturesgift Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 04 2014 at 6:45pm
http://www.wigstars.com/catalogsearch/result/index/?p=1&q=short+wigs+men

wigstars.com has a few options for wigs you can start with and play with the most they will cost is like 50 bucks

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kai Decadence Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 04 2014 at 11:59pm
Thank you Smile
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Weave Connection
Little Black Scarf
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon
 Post Reply Post Reply