Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Hair Care > Lace Fronts
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Wig craziness- has anyone else experienced this?
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Perfect Hair Collection

Wig craziness- has anyone else experienced this?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 1.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
sugabanana View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sugabanana Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 03 2013 at 8:47am
Originally posted by Printer_Ink Printer_Ink wrote:

Nope .. I don't get any of that tomfoolery and I have been in lace wigs for almost 6 years.

However, I live in a country which is only about 2.5% Black so I don't see a lot of Black folks at all. The other folks - Indian, Whte whatever are thinking ... whatever the heck they want to think. But nobody is bothering me and that's all I care about.

Sugerbana (this is Becky) I part the hair in the middle only about an inch up. I can hide the gids because I use what used to be called Proflex No Shine Tape but now it goes by NS-5000PX. Sounds odd but you can buy it at www.hairdirect.com. They have a branch in Amsterdam now so it's 1 day to deliver it. It's not as strong as Walker or Supertape .. but I just need it in the short 'part'.

Make sure you buy the short tabs though - which are about an inch long. If you get the longer ones .. umm they are thicker and don't work as well.

So I apply a bit of glue at the edges and this allows the short curly baby hairs to kind of frizz up curly and stay put. So distracts the eye somewhat. I reallllly work on my edges - with the short curlies so is looks like real hairline. The hair itself is a big kinky curly unit .. so I have little curls all over.

The No Shine quality of the tape (after I press the 'part' down well) kind of fills in the grids a bit and I can smooth it right down to the short curlu baby hairs. I mean if someone is 2 inches from my head they can see it but if I am looking in the mirror to apply makeup .. in broad daylight.. you can't see it so that means regular people looking can't see it either. (The only person that will be that is a bf so ....)

While you application sounds uuber exciting I need pics. You don't have to show your face all I need is a picture of the part. A close up. I know the board has been a tad messy but you don't need to show your face or bodypart. All I need is pics of parts. PRETTY PLEASE!!!

2nd question to you ladies is do you find that sometimes the makeup or concealer you use is still not the exact color of your skin. No matter how much mixing, (Mac, Revlon, NYX, brown eye shadow) I use the color is still a bit off. What do you ladies do??
Sponsored Links

chatnoir View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chatnoir Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 03 2013 at 12:46pm
There was a synthie curlie (Friday Night Hair) that I faux bleached using one of Sexi's methods, and I ended up using some cheap neutral colored foundation to darken the part a bit.  My usual foundation and powder has a brown/yellow tone and I find if I use either of those to faux bleach, the color is usually off. Neutral tones seem to work better.
ragincajin View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ragincajin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 03 2013 at 4:03pm
Originally posted by Printer_Ink Printer_Ink wrote:

Black folks are too unstable about ... 'hair'. You don't know what might happen.

LOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOL
Anah View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Anah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 04 2013 at 2:38pm
LMAO^^^^

Yeah OP post a pic. Block your true identity tho!

Anyone remember that poster, I think her name was pierreswoman(luvmyhair631), something to that effect? Could be way off LOL Old school poster...
Her man/fiance didnt know she wore wigs, think he was YT/Arab. She used bald skin caps under her wigs and they were usually like 30 inches long???

I can see someone with an app like that getting that kinda treatment. Hers were on point!!!

Edited to say: I figured out the poster lol, she removed all her picsCry

Edited by Anah - Jul 04 2013 at 4:29pm
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
House of CB London
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Dependable Quality Hair
Switch Up your Look with a protective Style