Forum Home Forum Home > Hair Care > Wigs
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Perfect Hair Collection

Wig Clips and the Airport...

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
RoxieBabyKY View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RoxieBabyKY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 20 2013 at 10:57am
Don't they have the full body scan at the airports now
Sponsored Links

Evon0316 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Evon0316 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 04 2013 at 1:03pm
Hello my name is Evon, I'm new here, but I have a question. I'm going to South Beach leaving out this Friday morning....my fear is I wear Front Lace wigs (due 2 Alopecia), and some have the elastic secure band in the back and some of them have combs on either side of the head....will the metal detector's at the airport go off once I walk in?

I'm worried...I normally wear custom units, but Front Lace synthetic wigs were recommended because they hold better from the hot etc....seating here now I just realized the wigs have the small metal in them....does anyone know that the metal detectors will go off once I'm scanned? I'm so fearful of an embrassing moment while with family and friends whom most ddon't know of my hair loss....someone please help and inform if you have any idea.
Thank you so much
RoxieBabyKY View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RoxieBabyKY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 05 2013 at 11:48am
Originally posted by Evon0316 Evon0316 wrote:

Hello my name is Evon, I'm new here, but I have a question. I'm going to South Beach leaving out this Friday morning....my fear is I wear Front Lace wigs (due 2 Alopecia), and some have the elastic secure band in the back and some of them have combs on either side of the head....will the metal detector's at the airport go off once I walk in?

I'm worried...I normally wear custom units, but Front Lace synthetic wigs were recommended because they hold better from the hot etc....seating here now I just realized the wigs have the small metal in them....does anyone know that the metal detectors will go off once I'm scanned? I'm so fearful of an embrassing moment while with family and friends whom most ddon't know of my hair loss....someone please help and inform if you have any idea.
Thank you so much

I think you will be ok, but if something happens I would just pull the security guard aside and whisper to him the situation. I would tell my family it was just bobby pins. Good luck!
Evon0316 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Evon0316 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 05 2013 at 5:47pm
Thanks alot...I just put on a new Front Lace and the band that support the back of your head with the lil clips they happen 2b plastic....I was already 2 cut the metal pieces off and sow the band together.

Plastic doesn't go off....right??, lol

I'm so happy I found a place where I can talk about hair, my whoa's, and get advice, or just to be apart of this group.
Naturalchick30 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Naturalchick30 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 05 2013 at 8:33pm
I wore a u-part with metal clips and bobby pins with no issues.
Evon0316 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Evon0316 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 08 2013 at 9:00am
All worked out well......NO problems @ all. I'm enjoying myself, tomorrow Waikiki
Evon0316 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Evon0316 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 18 2013 at 10:39am
oh it all worked....i guess i was over thinking it more in a negative way due 2 thinking of how i'd feel if it was 2 turn out 4 the worse. all went well, my vacation was gorge.

loving my front lace units, they are the best especially since i now have 2kids in college...i just ordered another 4rm samsbeauty.com.....soo i'm a happy camper.
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
FAB Hair Premium Hair Extensions
DivaWigs.com
Premium Quality Human Hair Extensions and Closures
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic