Forum Home Forum Home > Hair Care > Wigs
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Perfect Hair Collection

Wig Clips and the Airport...

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
ambermi83 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ambermi83 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Wig Clips and the Airport...
    Posted: Dec 03 2009 at 4:10pm
...I just got a lace wig that I would like to add wig clips in. I'm flying to Arizona to visit family next weekend... Does anyone know if the wig clips will set off the metal detector when I go through the airport security???

...cause that would be really embarrassing!!!! LOL
Sponsored Links

1bcheri View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 1bcheri Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 03 2009 at 6:14pm
im not an expert but i would highly doubt it.
ladymzlee View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ladymzlee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 03 2009 at 6:31pm
I highly doubt it. If in doubt just use bobby pins until you reach your destination, I know for a fact they don't set off alarms.
1bcheri View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 1bcheri Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 03 2009 at 6:40pm
were on the same page lady.  i figured if bobbies dont, the other hair clips should be fine as well too.
ChicFrenchy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ChicFrenchy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 04 2009 at 2:24pm
No they don't and I go through a lot of different airports in the US,  Europe and the rest of the world several times a month. It has NEVER EVER rang!Wink
lala71848 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lala71848 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 05 2009 at 9:46am
lol I thought the same thing when I worked at the airport and I had clips in on, I was so frighten to go through security. But No you should be fine. 
bambiigal View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bambiigal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 07 2009 at 6:14pm
wow i had the same fear also about going through the airport with clips in my hair. I had an unplanned CT scan a couple of years ago and had clip in extensions which showed on the scanner. The nurses could not figure out what could be the problem as i was completely stripped of hair pins. I figured it out and had to confess. they made me take it all out while laughing away in the back ground - i could have died of embarrassment as i was wheeled away with all my 'hair' in my hand and a bushy mess on my head. Ever since I have been scared to travel with a wig or clip-ins.
Prinsessan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Prinsessan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 12 2010 at 6:41am
My hairpins set off the metal detector in Canada and in Europe a few months ago.

I was pretty surprised! Neither of the security people reached in there and dug them out. They basically patted down my hair gently and let me go.
coralie1989 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coralie1989 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 14 2013 at 9:29pm
Among all the detecting activities, gold metal detecting is the most interesting one. It can not only relax both your body and mind , but also give you a big fortune if you are lucky enough.Next time if you feel bored, you can pick up a http://www.detectorall.com/categories/Gold-l-Detectors/ - metal detector for gold  and have a try.
sunshine321511 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sunshine321511 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 20 2013 at 7:19am
I have had a problem at several airports and the sensors did go off for me with bobby pins.  That is why I now sew my lace wigs down when traveling on a plane.  When I have sewed down the lace wig, nothing goes off at all.  My hair was braided as flat as possible in a circle with a little edges left out in the front.  here are a few videos that might be helpful.
 http://www.youtube.com/playlist?feature=edit_ok&list=PLPSTsyrUsP_cgoHpBAQpUcgg1fTkxQg0g
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
House of CB London
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
FAB Hair Premium Hair Extensions
Premium Quality Human Hair Extensions and Closures
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic