Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Hair Care > Lace Fronts (Newbies)
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Extensions Plus

Wig Cap questions

Post Reply Post Reply

Author
Kocoa View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kocoa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Wig Cap questions
    Posted: Feb 15 2014 at 11:51pm
Hi ladies, I need some help from the more experienced FLW wearers. I was originally planning on buying a FLW later on this yr and had the idea of getting a FLW w/ stretch at the crown. I know that I'll have tons of versatility when coming to updos and curly styles but I also want to ask: Could I also do styles that require some division towards the center of the cap (talking like half up bun or pigtails) w/o the stretch panel showing up or should I just opt for a FLW no stretch?

I've pretty much measured my hair like 100x already but for a FLW w/ no stretch, should I be adding .5 inch to certain measurements like say temple to temple, front to nape & ear to ear over the top (to accomodate for my natural hair)?

Sponsored Links

hennared View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote hennared Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 16 2014 at 6:31am
I would go with NO stretch, if you are sure you know your measurements.  Your measurements should be done with your hair up / braided / whatever you plan to do already in place, so that the measurements are accurate.  I like to add a half inch to over the head ear to ear, the forehead to nape, and temple to temple measurement. 

The problem (IMHO) with stretch lace, is, the vendors in my experience, almost ALWAYS ventilate the stretch lace poorly and unevenly and if parted, the seams show.  I believe this is because ventilating into the stretch lace is especially difficult.  I mean, some of them sometimes get it right, but 8 times out of 10... not.  Soo I have come to hate the stuff, and I prefer to custom order without stretch.  

For what it's worth, I have thinning, but pretty long, unruly hair to get under a cap, but I don't need the stretch, now that I know my numbers. (FLW wearer for 4 years)

Edited by hennared - Feb 16 2014 at 6:32am
Heathurrr View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Heathurrr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 17 2014 at 6:31pm
No stretch. the panel I have at the moment is very visible if I part on it
pg12345 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pg12345 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 26 2014 at 10:34am
heres a video on pigtails for non lace (or lacefront) wigs

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eHPwYlWAWhM
starliteboo View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote starliteboo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 26 2014 at 6:17pm
Do not get the stretch; all my wigs that have stretch panel tend to shed from that location all the time.
hennared View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hennared Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 26 2014 at 6:34pm
What Starlite said!  Also, many CV factories often ventilate the stretch panel poorly, IMHO.  It is more difficult to ventilate stretch properly, so ...
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Weave Connection
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic