BHM BHM BHM
Summer Hair Takeover Specials
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Why Steve Harvey Needs to Have a Seat

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 8>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 8 Votes, Average 3.50  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
miana79 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote miana79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 22 2014 at 12:16am
I was actually surprised Steve git married to a chocolate sista because he is a straight up coon.
Sponsored Links

JasmineE02 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (5) Thanks(5)   Quote JasmineE02 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 22 2014 at 12:16am
Originally posted by Sang Froid Sang Froid wrote:

Originally posted by JasmineE02 JasmineE02 wrote:

Feminism has been quite useful for me.  I appreciate its presence. 

You a white woman?
Not the last time I checked.  I don't benefit from feminism on the same level as white woman will and I'm not dingy enough to think that most of the white feminists are doing it on my behalf.  I do enjoy a lot of the benefits.  I also surround myself with feminist women of color and we work to further the interests of our own people.   If black feminists have their own special title, I guess I'm one of those. Otherwise, I'm fine with the feminist label. 

Edited by JasmineE02 - Apr 22 2014 at 12:28am
Marmonette View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (7) Thanks(7)   Quote Marmonette Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 22 2014 at 12:18am

You a white woman?
Not the last time I checked.  I don't benefit from feminism on the same level as white woman will and I'm not dingy enough to think that most of the white feminists are doing it on my behalf.  I do enjoy a lot of the benefits.  I also surround myself with feminist women of color and we work to further the interest of our own people.   If black feminists have their own special title, I guess I'm one of those. Otherwise, I'm fine with the feminist label. 

Womanism Star

Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote JasmineE02 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 22 2014 at 12:24am
Thank you Heart
_ConcreteRose_ View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (5) Thanks(5)   Quote _ConcreteRose_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 22 2014 at 12:34am
Originally posted by Marmonette Marmonette wrote:

You a white woman?
Not the last time I checked.  I don't benefit from feminism on the same level as white woman will and I'm not dingy enough to think that most of the white feminists are doing it on my behalf.  I do enjoy a lot of the benefits.  I also surround myself with feminist women of color and we work to further the interest of our own people.   If black feminists have their own special title, I guess I'm one of those. Otherwise, I'm fine with the feminist label. 

Womanism Star

logged in to thank this.Big smile 
Seriously though, I encourage every Black woman to read up on Womanism. The history and theory.
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote _ConcreteRose_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 22 2014 at 12:45am
^^^lol YES. Im a pollotarian. I was so happy when I found a word for it instead of rattling off the things I don't eat.
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote JasmineE02 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 22 2014 at 12:46am
I appreciate it.  It's as nice as when I found the word "flexitarian"  LOL
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JasmineE02 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 22 2014 at 12:50am
It's like the world opens up and you find your people at last. LOL  I get to find yummy vegetarian and healthful meat-related recipes without the politics and fluff.  I just want to eat. Cry...LOL
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (5) Thanks(5)   Quote _ConcreteRose_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 22 2014 at 12:53am
I don't understand this whole, "yeah we know the unequal shaming is wrong but it is what it is" thing. Acquiescing the status quo enables the status quo. It is important for people to speak on things they find troubling and not enable it if they disagree. That's why this criticism of Harvey doesn't upset me one bit.  

It's funny people get mad at this yet Tyler the Creator has been yelling F*ck Steve Harvey for the longest for no reason.LOL
liesnalibis View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote liesnalibis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 22 2014 at 12:56am
Originally posted by msjaim2 msjaim2 wrote:

I loathe steve harvey, but this article was full of feminist rhetoric. ..like she read straight from the handbook

Don't they always...
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
FAB Hair Premium Hair Extensions
DivaWigs.com
Premium Quality Human Hair Extensions and Closures
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 8>