Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
California Lace Wigs and Weaves
Forum Home Forum Home > The Archives > Talk Archives
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Extensions Plus

Forum LockedWhy is My Weave Shedding????!!!

Post Reply Post Reply
It Always Begin With Beautiful Hair

Premier Lace Wigs

Mynx Hair

Author
daffodil View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group

Direct Link To This Post Topic: Why is My Weave Shedding????!!!
    Posted: Jun 15 2006 at 1:22am
I just did my first weave myself.  It's a little funny, but I'm wondering why the hair is shedding by the handful.  Am I supposed to put glue or something on the tracks after I cut them?  I've just used regular synthetic tracks no skin wefts or anything and I did a sew in.

Should the hair be shedding so much?  Is there anything I can do without rremoving the whole thing?  I've been up for hours!  Help please! 

If there is something I should've done like put glue on the tracks then I guess I'll just have to wait until the next weave.  If that's the case, how long do you guys think this will last before it's shed too much?

Edited by daffodil - Jun 15 2006 at 1:22am
Sponsored Links

sherrie215 View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 15 2006 at 6:52am

Dont panic yet daffodil. Sometimes the wefts will shed for a few days and then stop. I had a batch once that shed like a big dog for about a week, I was in a tizzy thinking there would be no hair left, but it stopped and was fine with very minimal shedding the rest of the install.

How do the tracks on the weft look? Do they look well constructed? Poor constructed wefts is usually the culprit for excessive shedding. If thats the case then the shedding issue might continue to be an issue. There really isnt much you can do after its already installed.
daffodil View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 15 2006 at 7:59am
Thank you Sherrie.  It feels like they won't last for a week.  The wefts seemed okay to me you know.  But, you never know. 

I hope they last a good while because I was up all night doing this!  I need some down time before I have to do it again. 

I hope that it's just a situation like you had with yours. 

Hey and by the way.  Thank you so much for all your help and advice on this board.  I appreciate every single bit of it.  There are so many great girls on here and what goes around comes around.  I hope all the positivity you guys put out comes back to you 100 fold!
la flaca bela View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 15 2006 at 8:28am
   The hair tends to shedd a few days after the install this is normal, if the hair is straight then brush out the loose hair that generally stops that,if it's curly hair then brush out the loose hair when the hair is damp with a detangler in it.These methods should work on regular machine wefted tracks.
daffodil View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 15 2006 at 8:37am
Thank you. La Flaca, I believe you've answered a few of my posts as well.  I appreciate it. Big smile

Edited by daffodil - Jun 15 2006 at 8:42am
ayshia View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 15 2006 at 8:57am

Actually the hair is shedding because you cut the weft and did not reinforce it...meaning you should have put super glue to support where you cut the weft or sewn a little knot at the end. This prevents shedding. A little shedding is normal though. I remember when i cut my wefts and didn't reinforce....when i took my weave out i had so many bald spots on my tracks it was like a rat was eating my hair!!!! lol

la flaca bela View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 15 2006 at 9:02am
   Also one more thing,the weft constuction is everything!! And I know for a fact that all wefts are NOT created equal!! The less expensive the hair,the more likely the wefts are just thrown together!
DivaVocals View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 15 2006 at 11:52am
Originally posted by la flaca bela la flaca bela wrote:

Also one more thing,the weft constuction is everything!! And I know for a fact that all wefts are NOT created equal!! The less expensive the hair,the more likely the wefts are just thrown together!
Gotta co-sign on this.. Well constructed machine wefts will produce very little to no shedding.. However, ALL hand tied wefts require some sort of sealing if you plan on cutting them. Hand tied wefts cannot be cut without some sort of sealing to prevent the hair from coming off the weft. I suggest the Aleene's Stop Fraying for sealing wefts.. Much better sealant IMO than Fray Block or Fray Stop, and it's not hard like nail glue. Gotta seal it before you install..

Edited by DivaVocals - Jun 15 2006 at 4:45pm
gapeachmiabeach View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 15 2006 at 3:19pm
when i install my handtied i never seal them or cut them and they have no shedding at all.
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
iLace Wigs
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Netwurks Xcel21
Human Hair Wigs
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic