BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Perfect Hair Collection

Why is ATL a black gay mecca?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 5>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 4 Votes, Average 2.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
ms_wonderland View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (6) Thanks(6)   Quote ms_wonderland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Why is ATL a black gay mecca?
    Posted: Dec 16 2012 at 11:08pm
I've always wondered why there is such a heavy concentration of gay black women and men in Atlanta...because not only is there a heavy concentration but they're very OUT...

i'm saying this in contrast to liberal California where there is a large concentration of gays but they're not as out and loud visually as the ones in Atlanta on a daily basis...i.e. seeing gay men in female clothing in public places often, lesbians openly hitting on girls, etc.

I was just wondering what it was about Atlanta that makes the atmosphere like this?  Black people in Georgia are conservative and religious yet there is little shame or fear in announcing homosexuality...so, why not?

i would post pix but i aint tryna get labeled as being offensive. Embarrassed
Sponsored Links

Alias_Avi View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Alias_Avi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 16 2012 at 11:10pm
Brownsugar1 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brownsugar1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 16 2012 at 11:13pm
EPITOME View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (7) Thanks(7)   Quote EPITOME Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 16 2012 at 11:13pm

one homo called another homo called another...
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (8) Thanks(8)   Quote ms_wonderland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 16 2012 at 11:16pm
lol, i'm being serious because i am really curious.  i'm from San Francisco which is long held as the gay capital of the U.S. but the atmosphere here in Atlanta is so different to me...it was surprising, in a good way.  I just wasn't expecting it to be so ok.  Some of the people i've gotten to know here are really homophobic yet it doesn't seem to be projected in public spaces.
BBpants View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BBpants Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 16 2012 at 11:16pm
nvm lol

Edited by BBpants - Dec 16 2012 at 11:17pm
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (10) Thanks(10)   Quote ms_wonderland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 16 2012 at 11:18pm
Originally posted by BBpants BBpants wrote:

lol....Are you asking why aren't they ashamed of being openly gay?

im referring to the irony of openness of black homosexuality in a conservative place in the south vs ppl trying to hide it more in a liberal place.  Like how did that balance happen of open homosexuality and very open religious, conservative beliefs.
Alias_Avi View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alias_Avi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 16 2012 at 11:22pm
You moved from SF to ATL?

So did I! How cray is that! Tongue

Originally posted by ms_wonderland ms_wonderland wrote:

lol, i'm being serious because i am really curious.  i'm from San Francisco which is long held as the gay capital of the U.S. but the atmosphere here in Atlanta is so different to me...it was surprising, in a good way.  I just wasn't expecting it to be so ok.  Some of the people i've gotten to know here are really homophobic yet it doesn't seem to be projected in public spaces.
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ms_wonderland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 16 2012 at 11:23pm
really?? are you a Native?
Alias_Avi View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alias_Avi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 16 2012 at 11:24pm
ATL is probably the most liberal city in the "South" tho

It's like a liberal island in an ocean of conversativeness

And most Black people in America live in the South so when you think about it, it makes sense that most Black homosexuals would gravitate to a liberal city in the South... guess they chose ATL cus it was poppin' in other areas too

iunno *shrugs*
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
House of CB London
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Dime Curves Enhancement Shake
Dependable Quality Hair
Switch Up your Look with a protective Style