Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Extensions Plus

"Why I Will Not March for Eric Garner"

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 111213

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 4 Votes, Average 3.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
nitabug View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nitabug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 28 2014 at 6:02pm
I get it.
Don't care
Sponsored Links

Ds2nice View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ds2nice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 29 2014 at 4:42pm
Originally posted by petiteone29 petiteone29 wrote:

Originally posted by Ds2nice Ds2nice wrote:

I can understand her pain.   I feel that most Blk women don't get enough support and respect in this world.  We have to battle our way thru life to earn respect and even after winning battles, we are still treated like garbage..  We don't even get enough respect or support from our blk men and therefore other races look at us as if we are the lowest on the totem pole.

I understand some women feeling like that. I get it and I see it. But at the same time division isnt going to solve anything. Its petty. I have 5 black men to raise along with my black husband, I have a black brother, nephews etc etc. They can be the future Eric Garners and Trayvon Martins. This ain't about black men vs black women its about coming together to let our voices be heard so that our sons and grandsons won't be slaughtered in the middle of the streets like animals.

The woman that wrote this is looking at it from the wrong perspective. She used the wrong situation to prove a point.

You're right.  I personally feel she could save this battle for another war.  
OhMyCurlz View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OhMyCurlz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 29 2014 at 4:51pm
Her point is not wrong, the fact that she is using the death of another black person as a platform to make her point is what is offensive. In that regard, it is extremely divisive and counterproductive. 
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 111213
  Share Topic