Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - "Why I Will Not March for Eric Garner"
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Extensions Plus
 

"Why I Will Not March for Eric Garner"

 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 10111213>






Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 4 Votes, Average 3.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
PurplePhase View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Avatar

Joined: Jun 08 2004
Status: Offline
Points: 190029
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PurplePhase Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 28 2014 at 4:25pm
Originally posted by ThoughtCouture ThoughtCouture wrote:

  
 
i was gonna say they (our parents) dropped the torch and they did on a certain level, imo because they bought into integration and segregation from blacks of lower classes than them.  but i think our generation was the first to actually not experience/live thru the more blatant physical forms of racism and we collectively put our gaurds down a lil too much, imo.  i can admit that.


that's why I wonder what the next gen will say about this one. Whoop said on the View recently that this gen of 'young people' don't see color like we/her/they did. She said they don't have all the hang ups.

I wonder what affect that will have on the next.
Back to Top
Sponsored Links


Back to Top
petiteone29 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member
Avatar

Joined: Jan 02 2011
Status: Offline
Points: 40621
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote petiteone29 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 28 2014 at 4:28pm
The worst thing that black people can do is give up on each other. As much as we hate to admit it we need each other. Yeah a lot of us have been let down by some of the men in our lives but giving up on black men will destroy our community and vice versa. I don't know what the answer to the problem is but I know that giving up isn't the answer.
Back to Top
PurplePhase View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Avatar

Joined: Jun 08 2004
Status: Offline
Points: 190029
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PurplePhase Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 28 2014 at 4:28pm
I sorta think they have their guard all the way down.
dam, the guard is SLEEP.

@TC


Edited by PurplePhase - Jul 28 2014 at 4:29pm
Back to Top
PurplePhase View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Avatar

Joined: Jun 08 2004
Status: Offline
Points: 190029
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PurplePhase Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 28 2014 at 4:30pm
Originally posted by whosbotheringme whosbotheringme wrote:

Originally posted by PurplePhase PurplePhase wrote:

we were always protesting and marching for/against something. I guess that's what all college kids do though. But we thought we were making a difference.
 
 
This.  We were very active back in the 80's and 90s.  And I think our generation is filled with many less "new blacks" if you will.  We didn't personally mix with them like these kids do these days.  We still were together with us.


yes!
Back to Top
Sang Froid View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member
Avatar

Joined: Aug 08 2010
Location: Ethiopia
Status: Offline
Points: 309445
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Sang Froid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 28 2014 at 4:30pm
Originally posted by PurplePhase PurplePhase wrote:

Originally posted by ThoughtCouture ThoughtCouture wrote:

  
 
i was gonna say they (our parents) dropped the torch and they did on a certain level, imo because they bought into integration and segregation from blacks of lower classes than them.  but i think our generation was the first to actually not experience/live thru the more blatant physical forms of racism and we collectively put our gaurds down a lil too much, imo.  i can admit that.


that's why I wonder what the next gen will say about this one. Whoop said on the View recently that this gen of 'young people' don't see color like we/her/they did. She said they don't have all the hang ups.

I wonder what affect that will have on the next.

What age group is "young people"?
Because I beg to differ. 
Back to Top
PurplePhase View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Avatar

Joined: Jun 08 2004
Status: Offline
Points: 190029
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PurplePhase Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 28 2014 at 4:32pm
Originally posted by Sang Froid Sang Froid wrote:

 

What age group is "young people"?
Because I beg to differ. 


I don't knowLOL.

 I just know I ain't in it
 
Back to Top
blaquefoxx View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member
Avatar

Joined: Jul 17 2008
Location: Babylon
Status: Offline
Points: 149464
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote blaquefoxx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 28 2014 at 4:36pm
Originally posted by petiteone29 petiteone29 wrote:

The worst thing that black people can do is give up on each other. As much as we hate to admit it we need each other. Yeah a lot of us have been let down by some of the men in our lives but giving up on black men will destroy our community and vice versa.
Thanked.

Our people are under siege and now is not the time for niccas  to take a tally on who did more for who Unhappy


Back to Top
Ds2nice View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member
Avatar

Joined: Apr 04 2006
Location: United States
Status: Offline
Points: 21027
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Ds2nice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 28 2014 at 4:39pm
I can understand her pain.   I feel that most Blk women doesn't get enough support and respect in this world.  We have to battle our way thru life to earn respect and even after winning battles, we are still treated like garbage..  We don't even get enough respect or support from our blk men and therefore other races look at us as if we are the lowest on the totem pole.
 
Back to Top
Alias_Avi View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member
Avatar

Joined: Oct 10 2010
Status: Offline
Points: 275616
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alias_Avi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 28 2014 at 4:40pm
I also agree with Brittney Cooper on this topic

FF 24:00


Back to Top
petiteone29 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member
Avatar

Joined: Jan 02 2011
Status: Offline
Points: 40621
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote petiteone29 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 28 2014 at 5:03pm
Originally posted by Ds2nice Ds2nice wrote:

I can understand her pain.   I feel that most Blk women doesn't get enough support and respect in this world.  We have to battle our way thru life to earn respect and even after winning battles, we are still treated like garbage..  We don't even get enough respect or support from our blk men and therefore other races look at us as if we are the lowest on the totem pole.
 

I understand some women feeling like that. I get it and I see it. But at the same time division isnt going to solve anything. Its petty. I have 5 black men to raise along with my black husband, I have a black brother, nephews etc etc. They can be the future Eric Garners and Trayvon Martins. This ain't about black men vs black women its about coming together to let our voices be heard so that our sons and grandsons won't be slaughtered in the middle of the streets like animals.

The woman that wrote this is looking at it from the wrong perspective. She used the wrong situation to prove a point.
Back to Top
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 10111213>
  Share Topic   

Forum Jump Forum Permissions View Drop Down