BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Perfect Hair Collection

"Why I Will Not March for Eric Garner"

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 45678 13>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 4 Votes, Average 3.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
rickysrose View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (5) Thanks(5)   Quote rickysrose Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 27 2014 at 6:09pm
I don't think we should focus on bashing her, focusing on banding together against racism would be more productive 

We know that crimes against black women do not garner the same support and that should change

Racism affects both genders and we have to fight together

Sponsored Links

rickysrose View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rickysrose Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 27 2014 at 6:11pm
what about on the IC?  

I'm assuming there are more men than women there? 

I don't know if the support for crimes against black women is strong there, I'm asking 

Edited by rickysrose - Jul 27 2014 at 6:12pm
fckwitmeuknoigotit View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fckwitmeuknoigotit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 27 2014 at 6:11pm
ricky, i don't post on the IC but we have a lenghty thread at thecoli(male dominated forum) covering the trial

http://www.thecoli.com/threads/ted-wafer-trial-thread-killer-of-unarmed19-y-o-renisha-mcbride.224057/
JoliePoufiasse View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (6) Thanks(6)   Quote JoliePoufiasse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 27 2014 at 6:17pm
Originally posted by fckwitmeuknoigotit fckwitmeuknoigotit wrote:

there was a lot of outrage for marissa alexander and renisha mcbride. matter of fact, i tried bumping the renisha mcbride thread twice last week and the only poster itt thread with me was mswonderland

But doesn't that tell you something though? Isn't weird that no one is discussing it on a US based black female forum? Men are not the only ones that internalize sexist discourse. Women do too by giving certain issues more attention than others. But I don't want to go too much into this because it's not my place (as a non American, that is).

Edited by JoliePoufiasse - Jul 27 2014 at 6:18pm
EPITOME View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (6) Thanks(6)   Quote EPITOME Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 27 2014 at 6:17pm
I think in a society that constantly dismisses and disregards the voices of black women---being similarly dismissed and disregarded by black men hurts even more.  That is not my experience of black men and I am not sure if it's even the experience of the majority of black women but those who are dissatisfied cry the loudest.

Instead of saying F her, the black men in her life need to figure out what happened to make this sister think this way bc they're doing it wrong.
Sang Froid View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Sang Froid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 27 2014 at 6:32pm
She probably doesn't have any good men in her life. 
I'll say I'm blessed in that department. 
rell85 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote rell85 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 27 2014 at 6:57pm
She sound bitter....i hate when ppl take the focus off of something and make it about them...she could have said all that without talking about him.
ragincajin View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ragincajin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 27 2014 at 8:39pm
That the black men in her life have failed her is a sad thing.

That she chose this particular incident, the death of yet another black person at the hands of white devils, wasn't the best time to make her case.

Right message. Right audience. Wrong timing.
RIP Mr. Garner.

Edited by ragincajin - Jul 27 2014 at 8:51pm
femmemichelle View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote femmemichelle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 27 2014 at 9:15pm
Originally posted by Sang Froid Sang Froid wrote:

The white man's plan.

Well they enacted a wonderfully effective plan because I agree with OP wholeheartedly.

I will alwaaaaaaays believe many black men are not fighting against racism in its totality, but instead are fighting for the rights of white men for themselves. There's a huge difference.
femmemichelle View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote femmemichelle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 27 2014 at 9:19pm
Originally posted by Spokenword Spokenword wrote:

[COLOR="#000033"]<span style="line-height: 1.4;"]I can understand her frustrations. But if this was my brother,
uncle, father,</span]<span style="line-height: 1.4;"]  </span]<span style="line-height: 1.4;"]I would feel sickened
that that she chose to use a case where a man is basically being murdered in
front of our eyes, his last breathes, words, etc. playing all around the world
to make her point.</span][/COLOR]<p ="msonormal"="">[COLOR="#000033"]<o:p]</o:p][/COLOR]

<p ="msonormal"="">[COLOR="#000033"]As a people, black women were always the backbone.  We always did more, had to be more, had to be
stronger, etc.  We had to fight for the
rights as women and being black. We will always carry the heavier burden.  So while it gets frustrating to not see the
same outrage for that black woman being punched in the face repeatedly by that
cop, I will not let that interfere with my march for this man who was murdered
by the police.<o:p]</o:p][/COLOR]

<p ="msonormal"="">This police brutality needs to stop. These animals need to
be held accountable. We should ALL march for that.  Marching for Eric is marching for the
nameless other  victims.
<o:p></o:p>

I agree with your first half. There's a time and place for everything. I think this case is too fresh and if anything will give the black men who rarely if ever are so vigilantly invested in our causes to cry further fouls.
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
House of CB London
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Dime Curves Enhancement Shake
Dependable Quality Hair
Switch Up your Look with a protective Style
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 45678 13>