Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Why I Hate School But Love Education

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 11>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 5 Votes, Average 4.20  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
nycdiva357 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nycdiva357 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 04 2012 at 11:02am
Originally posted by Sang Froid Sang Froid wrote:

Originally posted by juniordetective juniordetective wrote:

Yes, because ALLLLL of the 53% jobless college graduates majored in those things. -______-

A lot of them also have entitlement issues an believe their first job should be their dream job and they should be making a certain salary right out of school. Then you have the ones with no job experience at all....then you have the ones that have really low GPAs....then you have the ones that don't want to work. 

you are so smart when you wanna beLOL
Sponsored Links

Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nycdiva357 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 04 2012 at 11:03am
Originally posted by afrokock afrokock wrote:

north east stand up!!!

that was good..

clearly the point was missed

by whom?
SamoneLenior View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote SamoneLenior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 04 2012 at 11:05am

can you motherf ckers STOP mention people that YOU WILL NEVER BE or AT LEAST AREN'T RIGHT NOW (I mean not EVEN on the same track)

there is SO MUCH MORE TO THOSE PEOPLE THAN JUST NOT HAVING A DEGREE

f ck!
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nycdiva357 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 04 2012 at 11:07am
Originally posted by Elohim_is_Love Elohim_is_Love wrote:

Originally posted by nycdiva357 nycdiva357 wrote:

another thing that irked me w/ the video besides his voice..lol

was the whole contention-
if you are working for someone else-- you aren't really helping yourself-- you are helping building someone else dreams.

ppl need to be realistic-
everyone can't be a damn leader. there needs to be followers..
a whole world filled w/ queen bees.. and no workers is useless. nothing will get done b/c everyone is out there trying to be their own damn boss...w/ no crew.

Why do we need leaders? Why does there always need to be a slave and master? Guess slave mentality hasn't died off.

say what? lol
just because someone is a leader-- doesn't mean the ppl that work below them or for them are slaves.

and like it or not-- we do need leaders.

show me a functioning society that is leaderless.

Sang Froid View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sang Froid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 04 2012 at 11:08am
Originally posted by nycdiva357 nycdiva357 wrote:

you are so smart when you wanna beLOL

Lemme borrow some money.
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote nycdiva357 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 04 2012 at 11:08am
Originally posted by SamoneLenior SamoneLenior wrote:

can you motherf ckers STOP mention people that YOU WILL NEVER BE or AT LEAST AREN'T RIGHT NOW (I mean not EVEN on the same track)

there is SO MUCH MORE TO THOSE PEOPLE THAN JUST NOT HAVING A DEGREE

f ck!

but but but

"let me show u the statistics"
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote nycdiva357 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 04 2012 at 11:09am
this thread is hilarious

Edited by nycdiva357 - Dec 04 2012 at 11:09am
SamoneLenior View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SamoneLenior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 04 2012 at 11:49am

couldn't answer her question/request huh?
**Sk!TtLeS B** View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (4) Thanks(4)   Quote **Sk!TtLeS B** Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 04 2012 at 11:53am
Meh, Im sure all of this has been said already, but I dont feel like getting dressed, so here it goes:

While I do agree that college isnt the only way to receive education, however I also think his viewpoint promotes a certain amount of naivete. Yes, he, as well as many people in this thread, see the benefits of a college education, but realize that that's not the only way. But there are others who will watch this video, and preach this philosophy, and only walk away with "I dont have to go to college."

Name dropping all of these people didnt do anything either. Everybody isnt a Steve Jobs, Jay-Z or Oprah Winfrey. Everybody that he mentioned "made it" due to the opportunities afforded to them. The people living by these philosophies and citing people like Mark Zuckerberg as examples rarely, if ever, have those same kind of opportunities and connections. 

What he could've and should've used as his statistics were the graduate unemployment rates, the cost of 4+ years at 4-year institutions vs 10months-2 years at trade schools (like cosmetology school or mechanic school), and the employment rates of trade school grads. 

Also, everybody cant be an entrepreneur. Despite the fact that not everyone has the discipline to run their own business, you need people to work for you in order to have your own business!!

Honestly, he sounds like these freshman philosophy or anthro majors who can make good points, but fail at reasoning why they're good points.  

Also...did this dude just say Jesus?Dead

Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote nycdiva357 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 04 2012 at 12:48pm
oh okStern Smile

well until your genetically mutated super humans are avail-- leaders are needed
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
GreatGlam.com
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Beautfiully Created Human Hair Extensions
The Haircare Solution for Locs and Twists