Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Why I Hate School But Love Education

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 11>

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 5 Votes, Average 4.20  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
afrokock View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote afrokock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 04 2012 at 9:36am
Originally posted by Limalady Limalady wrote:

We get it, formal education aka school is not the main key to success. Educating yourself and working hard are more important elements. Why do people think you missed the point if you don't agree? I just didn't see it as a grand revelation, and I have a varying view point, but his general premise was valid.
because some DID miss the point

if you didnt cool, move along
Sponsored Links

ScorpioLuv View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote ScorpioLuv Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 04 2012 at 9:41am
Originally posted by juniordetective juniordetective wrote:

I'm in college, but isn't it somethin like 53% of college graduates are jobless?

This is why I also say research what you want to take before you take it so ur not in that situation. Things in the medical field will never take a loss bc people are forever getting sick. We came into a recession where people lost jobs but it seems everyone went from going to work to going to the doctor. The doctor's offices are overcrowded now. They went from crowded to overcrowded. Certain professions never take a hit.

Don't go to school for art history. We don't need any more curators.
Sang Froid View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Sang Froid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 04 2012 at 9:41am

To me it's not right. Not everyone can afford college. Not everyone will succeed in college.

Why are college graduates finding it hard to get a job? Most places don't even care if you have a degree that has anything to do with the job. They just want you to have a degree.

Because they majored in psychology, journalism, history and photography.
juniordetective View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (4) Thanks(4)   Quote juniordetective Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 04 2012 at 9:43am
Originally posted by Sang Froid Sang Froid wrote:

To me it's not right. Not everyone can afford college. Not everyone will succeed in college.

Why are college graduates finding it hard to get a job? Most places don't even care if you have a degree that has anything to do with the job. They just want you to have a degree.

Yes, because ALLLLL of the 53% jobless college graduates majored in those things. -______-

Edited by juniordetective - Dec 04 2012 at 9:44am
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ScorpioLuv Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 04 2012 at 9:45am
Originally posted by noneyons noneyons wrote:

juniordetective, that's a good point. 

someone else mentioned the importance of learning a trade. in this economy, i think that's the safest most foolproof way to go. 
Depending on the trade. I see schools now giving Medical Billing and Coding/ Medical Administration degrees. That just used to be a trade. A lot of trades are turning into degrees. I think all kids should learn a trade in hs though, then build on that.
noneyons View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote noneyons Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 04 2012 at 9:49am
Scorpio, i like that idea. 

and piggybacking on sang's post, it is true that people with non-technical degrees are usually amongst those with the highest unemployment rates.

Edited by noneyons - Dec 04 2012 at 9:51am
Sang Froid View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Sang Froid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 04 2012 at 9:49am

Yes, because ALLLLL of the 53% jobless college graduates majored in those things. -______-

A lot of them also have entitlement issues an believe their first job should be their dream job and they should be making a certain salary right out of school. Then you have the ones with no job experience at all....then you have the ones that have really low GPAs....then you have the ones that don't want to work. 
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ScorpioLuv Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 04 2012 at 9:51am

No, but those are the top degrees that are jobless. People are also afraid to relocate for work. That's something students at my school's open house were told. "Don't be afraid to relocate for work" then the lady that told us that told us a story about Texas. Texas is popping right for work right now
Chyna_Li View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Chyna_Li Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 04 2012 at 10:05am
wish i could watch but im at work
SamoneLenior View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SamoneLenior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 04 2012 at 10:33am

A lot of them also have entitlement issues an believe their first job should be their dream job and they should be making a certain salary right out of school. Then you have the ones with no job experience at all....then you have the ones that have really low GPAs....then you have the ones that don't want to work. 

yes
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
House of CB London
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Dime Curves Enhancement Shake
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair