FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Angkor Cambodian Hair

Why God closes doors

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
It Always Begin With Beautiful Hair

Bootiful Cream

Author
shaeshae View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote shaeshae Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Why God closes doors
    Posted: Feb 25 2010 at 11:28am
Why God Closes Doors 
by Dr. Charles Stanley
Jeremiah 10:23-24

A blockaded opportunity is a useful teaching tool. God's ultimate objective is to mold us into the image of His Son, and toward that end, He at times prevents us from doing or having something we desire.

Closed doors prevent mistakes. Just because a path is clear does not mean it is the one God intends for us to follow. Sometimes we won't have the information we need to make a wise decision, so He bars the way either spiritually or physically. The Holy Spirit can see the whole road map for our lives, which is why we are to follow His guidance.

Closed doors redirect our walk.
Rest assured, God never leaves a willing servant with nothing to do. The alternate opportunity He has in mind will yield bigger fruit, more satisfaction, and greater glory for Him.

Closed doors test faith and build perseverance. Waiting for the Lord to speak or act is hard, particularly when our desire has been denied. But we'll learn wisdom, patience, and trust by pausing prayerfully until He reveals His will.

Closed doors buy us time. We are not always as prepared as we'd like to think. God may temporarily hold shut an opportunity for service until a believer is properly equipped for kingdom work.

In spite of the repeated use of "closed door" in this devotion, the real message is that God opens doors. He has created a perfect pathway for us to follow. Keep your feet on it, and you will walk over thresholds leading to service, satisfaction, and glory for your Lord.

Sponsored Links

ava007 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ava007 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 25 2010 at 12:32pm

I really appreciate this..right on time..thanks!

shaeshae View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shaeshae Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 25 2010 at 12:33pm

Of course, you're welcome! I needed this for myself as well!

lolabelle View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lolabelle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 25 2010 at 1:05pm
Thanks, I needed to hear this today.
loolalooh View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote loolalooh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 25 2010 at 1:33pm
Yes, right on time.  Thank you.
nella View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nella Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 25 2010 at 4:24pm
Thanks for posting. I didn't get a chance to read Charles Stanley today.  Heart
Bijoux View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bijoux Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 12 2011 at 8:38pm
ClapAmen!
sexyandfamous View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sexyandfamous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 07 2014 at 11:32am
This can relate to the text above:

Acts 16:6-10

God has the power to open any closed door. And yet He may decide to let things that seem important to us remain blocked. Why does the Lord allow doors to stay shut?

• Protection. He might be trying to keep us from making a mistake. On our own, we may not have adequate knowledge to make right choices.

• Redirection. God could be sending us on a new path. His plan might include bigger opportunities, deeper satisfaction, more productivity, a season of suffering, or an opportunity to glorify His name. The Lord closed doors in Asia so that the apostle Paul would minister on the continent of Europe. His obedience led to increased fruitfulness—the churches at Philippi, Thessalonica, and Corinth—and to more knowledge for us through his letters to them. Though Paul experienced much suffering, he also knew the joy of participating in God’s work.

• Testing. When God says “No,” our faith is tested, and we discover what we really believe about Him and His plans.

• Perseverance. When our path is blocked, we have opportunity to develop steadfastness. Romans 5:3-5 tells us that we should actually “exult in our tribulations,” because of the positive results the Lord will cause through them.

• Timing. Sometimes our Father places stop signs in our way to work out the right timing for His will.

• Disobedience. Past waywardness can affect future experiences and blessings.

When your way is stopped, look to God and seek His purpose for the interruption. How do you respond to “no”?

Intouch.org
Physiqque View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Physiqque Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 12 2014 at 8:06pm
Mi response to no?? I can't stand that thought that "God's testin us in troubled times to find our way to Him"   ??? Allowin grief that messes up our lives, only turns me away. I'm a firm believer in Him and I try to do right; but I'm always feelin punished?? I need God to be a Father to me. To protect me, comfort me, even spoil me. Like, why wouldn't a parent wanna spoil their kids and keep them happy?? Spoilin, doesn't necessarily lead to "rotten." All these mishaps back to back like a girl can't get a break?
sexyandfamous View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sexyandfamous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 12 2014 at 10:41pm
Have you tried to ask God what is happening in your life? I mean, simply in prayer, ask Him why he isn't allowing whatever you want/need to come thru. You could ask if there's something else in store for you and that's why what you want hasn't been granted to you. Or you could simply tell Him that you are exhausted, that you need His help and to show you the way.

But like many of the posts here say, you need to ask and really have faith that He will answer in some way. And continue to show gratitude for what you have.
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Weave Connection
Little Black Scarf
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic