BHM BHM BHM
Summer Hair Takeover Specials
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

why don't they leave Lark Voorhies alone

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 6>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 2 Votes, Average 3.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
JoliePoufiasse View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (6) Thanks(6)   Quote JoliePoufiasse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 10 2012 at 5:23am
Originally posted by SoutherNtellect SoutherNtellect wrote:

You're a conspiracy theorist

No I'm not! I'm telling it like it. And I'm sensitive to issues pertaining to mental illness.Black folks love to dismiss this issue. Do you really think that the interviewer didn't know that she would be incoherent, seeing that she has exhibited that behaviour numerous times before as of late? Did you see the interviewers' face? She made it a point to give her the rope to hang herself. Mental illness is misunderstood, trivialized and laughed at. If she had a physical ailment, they wouldn't feel so free to deride her. They know she's fragile, they just want ratings and they don't care what they do to get it. It's not like she killed someone or did something highly unethical. She's ill. And she's a washed out actress, so for them to put the focus on her at this here moment is highly suspect

Edited by JoliePoufiasse - Nov 10 2012 at 5:24am
Sponsored Links

starflower7 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote starflower7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 10 2012 at 5:26am
They are taking advantage of her imo. I wonder who else is. Apparently no one is looking out for her.
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (5) Thanks(5)   Quote JoliePoufiasse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 10 2012 at 5:26am
[QUOTE=SoutherNtellect]You're a conspiracy theorist
And quite frankly, you sound like lark[/QUOTE]

This bit is extra. So I'm aware of issues surrounding mental illness and don't like the exploitation of it by the entertainment media and that makes me incoherent? OK. Do you.
tatee View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (4) Thanks(4)   Quote tatee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 10 2012 at 5:30am
what exactly was the point of the interview if it was to showcase how off she sounds?  they took advantage of her vulnerable state but i dont expect more from the media.
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (4) Thanks(4)   Quote JoliePoufiasse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 10 2012 at 5:31am
Originally posted by tatee tatee wrote:

what exactly was the point of the interview if it was to showcase how off she sounds?  they took advantage of her vulnerable state but i dont expect more from the media.

THANK YOU! But apparently, pointing out the obvious gets you the label of conspiracy theorist on BHM...
Harmonii View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Harmonii Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 10 2012 at 7:24am
Originally posted by tatee tatee wrote:

EPITOME View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote EPITOME Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 10 2012 at 8:50am
Originally posted by JoliePoufiasse JoliePoufiasse wrote:

[QUOTE=SoutherNtellect]You're a conspiracy theorist
And quite frankly, you sound like lark[/QUOTE]

This bit is extra. So I'm aware of issues surrounding mental illness and don't like the exploitation of it by the entertainment media and that makes me incoherent? OK. Do you.

so is Southern.  you both can be advocates/aware of something but simply don't agree.

tbh--i would say she was manipulated if she didn't know the topic of the interview. 

btw=---not watching the video

Edited by EPITOME - Nov 10 2012 at 9:09am
petiteone29 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote petiteone29 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 10 2012 at 9:02am
this made me sad. she seems like she is really trying hard to make sense and not sound "off". mental illness is no joke man. i hope she gets better.
nitabug View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote nitabug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 10 2012 at 9:27am
yea. she definitely seems like she is bi-polar. It's so sad
SoutherNtellect View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote SoutherNtellect Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 10 2012 at 9:31am
jolie, your posts are going on longer than the 1 minute video. Your point about the media in general may be valid, but you can't be getting all that from the video in the OP. The malicious intent of this one interview just isn't there. The media may want to be nosey and find out what's going on from the horse's mouth, but that doesn't mean they're "laughing at" her or her condition. 

Edited by SoutherNtellect - Nov 10 2012 at 9:32am
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
DivaWigs.com
Premium Quality Human Hair Extensions and Closures
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 6>
  Share Topic