BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Perfect Hair Collection

Why Dont Black Women Like Each Other?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 56789>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 3 Votes, Average 3.67  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
SamoneLenior View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote SamoneLenior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 23 2014 at 4:33pm
Originally posted by coconess coconess wrote:

i look at bougie as more of an attitude.. not income level 

I do too, but people tend use the terms interchangeably
Sponsored Links

PurplePhase View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote PurplePhase Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 23 2014 at 4:35pm
Originally posted by Diane (35) Diane (35) wrote:

Originally posted by PurplePhase PurplePhase wrote:

Originally posted by carolina cutie carolina cutie wrote:

Slightly OT: For clarity, what qualifies as lower, middle and upper class these days? We need another thread on that.

just what this place needs

I can see it now: Random Middle Class Thoughts The 401K Edition

hopefully CC won't name it that LOL
ragincajin View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote ragincajin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 23 2014 at 4:36pm
[QUOTE=Seductress]DIV]I actually cringe when I hear black women say they don't get along with other women closest friends.[QUOTE]
Wholeheartedly agree with this...although the fact that we still have to say it...just makes me sigh. Sad.
OhMyCurlz View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote OhMyCurlz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 23 2014 at 4:41pm
Originally posted by kfoxx1998 kfoxx1998 wrote:

OMC I partially agree with what you're saying.  You are speaking from your own experience I understand but as another so-called MC Black Woman I am not the person you describe and there are many of us here on BHM.   I think your opinion is skewed by a small subset of Black women.   We're not all like that.  Generalization is part of the problem. 

I do believe you have not experienced good relationships with other women.   In my case other black women from the most ghetto to the most stuck up have taught be so much about life.  I would not trade those relationships for the world.  It makes me sad to hear women dismiss the importance of female relationships. 

BTW this video is STILL bullsh*t. 
Yessssssss, but here is the other problem. I specified "where I live" "from my experience"...lol. 

I don't know how many more disclaimers I need to provide that I am speaking from my experience. Any anecdotal experience is by definition a, limited one, I understand and agree with that. 

If I say "from my experience" or "where I live" in a post, I'm not going to continue to preface that in every statement I make. To me, it starts looking stupid and redundant. 

To me what is interesting is that there is a focus moreso on me not wanting to be around middle classblack women. If I had said "ghetto" or "lower class" it would be accepted, because the truth of the matter is that "ghetto" people are looked down on in our community so it's hard to believe that someone would prefer their company over someone of a "higher" social class. If what I am saying is not applicable to you (not you...but the general "you") then I don't understand why someone would take offense. My decision to hang around whoever I hang around is mine alone and a personal one. We all have preferences, albeit probably based in sheer ignorance and generalization from personal experience, of who we want to be around and who we don't want to be around. It may be illogical (and I said that), but that's how people are. I'm just okay with admitting it...

What is the importance of (biological) female relationships vs any other relationship? *not being an ass, I'm curious*

Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote SamoneLenior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 23 2014 at 4:43pm

well today a white teen said she sided with me because we are both girls

I was shocked

because I would never feel that way towards her lol

just thought I would share
Princess Grace View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote Princess Grace Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 23 2014 at 4:59pm
sometimes its how a person perceives things, its not always the reality. I see posts all the time people talking about haters when in reality you aint got shyt anyone with half a brain would be jealous of. 

Maybe its your body language, attitude, face expressions that make you seem standoffish and that makes people not approach YOU , it has nothing really to so with them "hating".
kfoxx1998 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (7) Thanks(7)   Quote kfoxx1998 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 23 2014 at 5:11pm
Originally posted by OhMyCurlz OhMyCurlz wrote:

What is the importance of (biological) female relationships vs any other relationship? *not being an ass, I'm curious*

Well I'll use my own "from my experience disclaimer" for this answer LOL.

We learn how to be women from other women.  If there were no women in our lives how would be know what a woman is, what she does, what her value is, what she can do?  Imagine a world where we are only allowed to interact with men?  What would we be?  I don't even want to know. 

Some of the things I've learned (and still learning) - how to take care of babies, where to find the best stuff for the best price, how to apply makeup, how to do my hair, how to masturbateStern Smile, how to handle really bad situations.  Things they have helped me with - child rearing, decorating, cooking, sensuality, venting, how to do my job, what to wear to this or that and on and on. 

Some of the things I get from those relationships - Companionship, understanding, support, lots of laughter, confidence, forgiveness, the benefit of their experiences and all types of advice in general

Yeah that wasn't even hard.  I can't imagine a world where I didn't have other women to love and create bonds with. 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (5) Thanks(5)   Quote SamoneLenior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 23 2014 at 5:12pm

people get hurt and decide to withdraw from people and situations

this occurs with women - women platonic relationships too
BBpants View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (6) Thanks(6)   Quote BBpants Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 23 2014 at 5:14pm
If a girl has nothing but guy friends I can't help but think she f*cked at least one of them lol
kfoxx1998 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (5) Thanks(5)   Quote kfoxx1998 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 23 2014 at 5:16pm
SL you read my mind.  One bad experience can stain a person for years so forgiveness is the only way relationships work at all because ppl are extremely flawed.  All of us.   

ETA:  Actually when flaws are part of the design I guess you call that normalLOL

Edited by kfoxx1998 - Mar 23 2014 at 5:18pm
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
House of CB London
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Dime Curves Enhancement Shake
Dependable Quality Hair
Switch Up your Look with a protective Style