Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
California Lace Wigs and Weaves
Forum Home Forum Home > The Archives > Talk Archives
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Extensions Plus

Forum LockedWhy does my scalp itch under my weave?

Post Reply Post Reply
It Always Begin With Beautiful Hair

Premier Lace Wigs

Mynx Hair

Author
Tracy View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Topic: Why does my scalp itch under my weave?
    Posted: Feb 08 2005 at 11:27am

This has been happening the last couple of times I weaved my hair.  I always wash my hair prior to weaving, but afterwards my head itches like Hell!! 

I got some bad hair last time so I thought that was the problem but I got the good stuff this time and I'm still going crazy! 

It seems like where my braids are the tightest is where it itches the most, and because they are tight I can't get under to scratch!!!  I try to use the rat tail comb but it's not helping!  I don't have dandruff either and I ALWAYS moisturize my own hair prior to braiding it up. 

Can someone tell me what is going on and what to use on my scalp to stop the itching!!!

Sponsored Links

OUWE View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 08 2005 at 11:35am
Originally posted by Tracy Tracy wrote:

This has been happening the last couple of times I weaved my hair. I always wash my hair prior to weaving, but afterwards my head itches like Hell!!

I got some bad hair last time so I thought that was the problem but I got the good stuff this time and I'mstill going crazy!

It seems like where my braids are the tightest is where it itches the most, and because they are tight I can't get under to scratch!!! I try to use the rat tail comb but it's not helping! I don't have dandruff either and I ALWAYS moisturize my own hair prior to braiding it up.

Can someone tell me what is going on and what to use on my scalp to stop the itching!!!

To stop the itch use seabreeze on the scalp.   But I have always thought that when the scalp starts itching was because of the braids being so tight and then when the braids start to loosen that is when scalp starts to itch like hell, seabreeze has always helped me. Hope that works
Tracy View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 08 2005 at 1:55pm
Thanks ladies!
DPierre View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 08 2005 at 2:07pm
I agree with OUWE.
cutebajangirl View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 08 2005 at 2:07pm
Tracy- I find that the combs with the metal tail on it work really well for getting to hard to reach places. HTH.
victoriafleur View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 17 2005 at 3:29pm

Tracy, the last time i WEAVED my hair it Itched like it never itched before!!!!!!!!!!! It was unbearable, it itched from the first three days!!

Other than using a different brand of BSS hair, I think it might be the thread cause she pulled it really tight on the cornrows and my head was kinda hurting...

To get rid of the itch ( momentarily) I did a dry shampoon with Organic Root Stimulator Herbal Cleanser and then used the New Organics Itch Relief Remedy ( the latter has strong smell, use sparingly). They helped for about a week.

Tara_Star View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 21 2005 at 3:58pm
Mine's itching right now. I got it done on sunday so only been in 24hours! But to be honest, it's not as bad as i thought. Walking to uni in the cold wind helped soothe my head. I'm in the UK and it's COLD here right now! But the cold is very soothing for the moment 
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
iLace Wigs
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Netwurks Xcel21
Human Hair Wigs
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic