Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Why does it seem like light skin gets more love
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Perfect Hair Collection

Why does it seem like light skin gets more love

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 11121314>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 7 Votes, Average 2.57  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
femmemichelle View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote femmemichelle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 26 2014 at 12:49pm
Originally posted by nala52808 nala52808 wrote:

I think a good amount of black people tend to overthink this whole stupid light/dark skint debate and they reflect in everything they see. Like when they see a pic of some light skinned girl with a dark skin girl on facebook they automatically think the light skint girl has it made and the dark one is struggling when in reality both of them are strugglin cuz they both are equally ugly. Everything they see or talk about has to be about skin color and they only end up fuccing up their own self worth thinking the world hates them because they are dark when its really not true.
I know that this whole skin color issue comes from our past but I feel like so many black people just get stuck on it instead of moving forward and seeing themselves as more than a dark butt or a light skint trophy.  its just constant thought in the front of their mind instead of just an after thought. 

Like, if we always were constantly thinking every second about the idea that white people are #1 in society and "better" than black people then I don't think we would've gotten this far because alot of people would actually start believing it as a fact and give up trying to succeed. But if you push it to the back of your mind and know that you can obtain anything you want then who the hell is gonna stop you? The skin color issue is the same thing. You can continue to depress yourself thinking its true or completely ignore it and get on with your life.

You oversimplified this but that generally happens when black folks engage in a light skinned/dark skinned discussion.

You can't ignore the way the world perceives you. I live my life but I'm aware of the perceptions others have on me. Once again, that's why I educate when I can.
Sponsored Links

Wildfire View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wildfire Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 26 2014 at 3:23pm
Originally posted by afrokock afrokock wrote:

Originally posted by Random Thoughts Random Thoughts wrote:

Originally posted by afrokock afrokock wrote:

Who dem nigguhs?

LOL
oh fucck dem nigguhs

LMFAOLOL
Bribby View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Bribby Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 26 2014 at 3:39pm
I don't think I should post a picture of my child on her and then her child as well.

I wonder like the fact my mom is light skin she never really understood what I would go through and a brown skin girl. We never really talked about even being black...
indiecat View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote indiecat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 26 2014 at 6:08pm
Hmmm
LilMissSunshine View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LilMissSunshine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 26 2014 at 9:16pm
This must be light skinned week.
melikey View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote melikey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 26 2014 at 10:05pm
Originally posted by Bribby Bribby wrote:

I don't think I should post a picture of my child on her and then her child as well.

I wonder like the fact my mom is light skin she never really understood what I would go through and a brown skin girl. We never really talked about even being black...

Nah don't post a pic, not in the context of this thread at least. Or actually never since trolls will use it to play on what they know now is your insecurity about her looks in random threads to get under your skin.
melikey View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote melikey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 26 2014 at 10:18pm
Originally posted by Alias_Avi Alias_Avi wrote:

lol

Originally posted by nala52808 nala52808 wrote:

I think a good amount of black people tend to overthink this whole stupid light/dark skint debate and they reflect in everything they see. Like when they see a pic of some light skinned girl with a dark skin girl on facebook they automatically think the light skint girl has it made and the dark one is struggling when in reality both of them are strugglin cuz they both are equally ugly. Everything they see or talk about has to be about skin color and they only end up fuccing up their own self worth thinking the world hates them because they are dark when its really not true.

Got a liteskin friend look like Michael Jackson
Got a darkskin friend look like Michael Jackson
liesnalibis View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote liesnalibis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 26 2014 at 10:48pm

Please don't cuz these bitches uncivilized...Sleepy as soon as you get on they bad side they gon be makin shyt up.
herwoman View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote herwoman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 26 2014 at 11:51pm

When I first joined I would have been mad at y'all for warning her. I was messy smh.
305bgirl View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 305bgirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 26 2014 at 11:57pm

You should, so that we can fully assess the situation.
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
House of CB London
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Dependable Quality Hair
Switch Up your Look with a protective Style
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 11121314>
  Share Topic