Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Why does it seem like light skin gets more love
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Angkor Cambodian Hair
 

Why does it seem like light skin gets more love

 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 10111213>
It Always Begin With Beautiful Hair

Bootiful Cream



Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 7 Votes, Average 2.57  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Lite Brite View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member
Avatar

Joined: Apr 23 2011
Location: Texas
Status: Offline
Points: 120682
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lite Brite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 25 2014 at 11:58pm
No Confused
Back to Top
Sponsored Links


Back to Top
Alias_Avi View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member
Avatar

Joined: Oct 10 2010
Status: Offline
Points: 277002
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alias_Avi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 26 2014 at 12:00am
lol

Originally posted by nala52808 nala52808 wrote:

I think a good amount of black people tend to overthink this whole stupid light/dark skint debate and they reflect in everything they see. Like when they see a pic of some light skinned girl with a dark skin girl on facebook they automatically think the light skint girl has it made and the dark one is struggling when in reality both of them are strugglin cuz they both are equally ugly. Everything they see or talk about has to be about skin color and they only end up fuccing up their own self worth thinking the world hates them because they are dark when its really not true.
Back to Top
creole booty View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member
Avatar

Joined: Sep 26 2007
Location: US - Illinois
Status: Offline
Points: 61302
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote creole booty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 26 2014 at 12:24am
Because.
Back to Top
femmemichelle View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member
Avatar

Joined: Jun 12 2007
Status: Offline
Points: 101456
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote femmemichelle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 26 2014 at 12:49pm
Originally posted by nala52808 nala52808 wrote:

I think a good amount of black people tend to overthink this whole stupid light/dark skint debate and they reflect in everything they see. Like when they see a pic of some light skinned girl with a dark skin girl on facebook they automatically think the light skint girl has it made and the dark one is struggling when in reality both of them are strugglin cuz they both are equally ugly. Everything they see or talk about has to be about skin color and they only end up fuccing up their own self worth thinking the world hates them because they are dark when its really not true.
I know that this whole skin color issue comes from our past but I feel like so many black people just get stuck on it instead of moving forward and seeing themselves as more than a dark butt or a light skint trophy.  its just constant thought in the front of their mind instead of just an after thought. 
 
Like, if we always were constantly thinking every second about the idea that white people are #1 in society and "better" than black people then I don't think we would've gotten this far because alot of people would actually start believing it as a fact and give up trying to succeed. But if you push it to the back of your mind and know that you can obtain anything you want then who the hell is gonna stop you? The skin color issue is the same thing. You can continue to depress yourself thinking its true or completely ignore it and get on with your life.

You oversimplified this but that generally happens when black folks engage in a light skinned/dark skinned discussion.

You can't ignore the way the world perceives you. I live my life but I'm aware of the perceptions others have on me. Once again, that's why I educate when I can.
Back to Top
Wildfire View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member
Avatar

Joined: May 27 2006
Location: Kingston, JA.
Status: Offline
Points: 90252
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wildfire Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 26 2014 at 3:23pm
Originally posted by afrokock afrokock wrote:

Originally posted by Random Thoughts Random Thoughts wrote:

Originally posted by afrokock afrokock wrote:

Who dem nigguhs?




LOL
oh fucck dem nigguhs

LMFAOLOL
Back to Top
Bribby View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member
Avatar

Joined: May 12 2011
Location: TX
Status: Online
Points: 9525
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Bribby Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 26 2014 at 3:39pm
I don't think I should post a picture of my child on her and then her child as well.

I wonder like the fact my mom is light skin she never really understood what I would go through and a brown skin girl. We never really talked about even being black...
Back to Top
indiecat View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Avatar

Joined: Sep 07 2006
Location: Cali
Status: Offline
Points: 66542
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote indiecat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 26 2014 at 6:08pm
Hmmm
Back to Top
LilMissSunshine View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member
Avatar

Joined: Jun 06 2007
Location: Yomomma'sCrib
Status: Offline
Points: 17188
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LilMissSunshine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 26 2014 at 9:16pm
This must be light skinned week.
Back to Top
melikey View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member
Avatar

Joined: Oct 03 2006
Location: venus
Status: Offline
Points: 99217
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote melikey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 26 2014 at 10:05pm
Originally posted by Bribby Bribby wrote:

I don't think I should post a picture of my child on her and then her child as well.

I wonder like the fact my mom is light skin she never really understood what I would go through and a brown skin girl. We never really talked about even being black...


Nah don't post a pic, not in the context of this thread at least. Or actually never since trolls will use it to play on what they know now is your insecurity about her looks in random threads to get under your skin.
Back to Top
melikey View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member
Avatar

Joined: Oct 03 2006
Location: venus
Status: Offline
Points: 99217
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote melikey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 26 2014 at 10:18pm
Originally posted by Alias_Avi Alias_Avi wrote:

lol

Originally posted by nala52808 nala52808 wrote:

I think a good amount of black people tend to overthink this whole stupid light/dark skint debate and they reflect in everything they see. Like when they see a pic of some light skinned girl with a dark skin girl on facebook they automatically think the light skint girl has it made and the dark one is struggling when in reality both of them are strugglin cuz they both are equally ugly. Everything they see or talk about has to be about skin color and they only end up fuccing up their own self worth thinking the world hates them because they are dark when its really not true.



Got a liteskin friend look like Michael Jackson
Got a darkskin friend look like Michael Jackson
Back to Top
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Weave Connection
Little Black Scarf
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 10111213>
  Share Topic   

Forum Jump Forum Permissions View Drop Down