Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Why does it seem like light skin gets more love
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Perfect Hair Collection

Why does it seem like light skin gets more love

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 678910 14>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 7 Votes, Average 2.57  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
khivey View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote khivey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 25 2014 at 12:09pm
Why would your initial thought be that he thinks her daughter is cuter than yours because she is light skinned? 
If you hooked them up, then he could be just doing it for extra brownie points. You know you gotta accept the child in order to date the mother. 
The whole skin color thing wouldn't have even crossed my mind unless it was something I was insecure about. So as someone else said..please don't project your insecurities on your child. 
Sponsored Links

iliveforbhm View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote iliveforbhm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 25 2014 at 12:14pm
Originally posted by Merin Merin wrote:

For the record I am light skinned and look WAY better when I have a nice tan. I barely need any makeup when tanned.

Let me look at a few of your pics.

OoDles O View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (8) Thanks(8)   Quote OoDles O Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 25 2014 at 12:29pm
A lot of Brothas love the Lite skinsss 
a lot of Ladies love the dark skinsss

and thus I focus on getting money.
afrokock View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote afrokock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 25 2014 at 12:38pm
Originally posted by OoDles O OoDles O wrote:

A lot of Brothas love the Lite skinsss 
a lot of Ladies love the dark skinsss

and thus I focus on getting money.

ah ha, yeah!
thickblkbarbie View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thickblkbarbie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 25 2014 at 12:52pm
When see I light skin or dark skin I just see one color, Dark and Light is beautiful to me, I didnt really grew up with this kind of ingorance, anyway I will just leave it at that..
FooFoo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FooFoo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 25 2014 at 12:57pm
I honestly can't relate. My daughter is dark and I swear I cannot go anywhere without people men women gushing over her. When someone is really beautiful all that color stuff goes out the window. I get lots of compliments from light skin women who have light skin babies. My daughter makes people do double takes and shes only five. I'm not bragging but if people see something they like they will gush or someone is uniquely beautiful. Now the light dark stuff does exists but in the case of my daughter I have not seen it once since she has been born. Only lots of praises from everyone. It gets only my nerves at times but I have not seen dark skin hate.
femmemichelle View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote femmemichelle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 25 2014 at 1:05pm
^^Girl it will come in time. I used to be one of those babies people would stop in the grocery stores as well. 

But children are cut throat and will try their best to tear her down because of her color. I made sure any comment that was made about my color was met with a backhand. Mind you I was an ignant ass 10 year old and I have changed lol, but you get the point. 
Wynter View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Wynter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 25 2014 at 1:31pm
This is ridiculous, could it simply be he just doesn't find your child cute/beautiful??

Not saying she isn't, but beauty is different for different people. J/S
NJHairLuv View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote NJHairLuv Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 25 2014 at 1:43pm
Originally posted by melikey melikey wrote:

But seriously, does anyone else have a family full of lighter skinned folk who purposely seek "or just happened to" fall in love with much darker mates? I noticed my family has been doing this for at least 3 generations now. It's like every time that slave masters genes pop back up they are intentionally trying to breed it back out.

In my family, there are primarily light women/dark spouse, but I know first hand that the dark men are aggressively going after, giving their A-Game and committing to the light woman.

NJHairLuv View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote NJHairLuv Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 25 2014 at 1:47pm
I know what the OP is talking about. I have seen people rave over a light baby and seconds later all they have to say about the dark baby is 'oh wow, he is getting big'.

my parents shielded us from colorism, but I learned the heft of if from being a BHM member and that helped me to be more aware of it day to day. Thank you BHM.

Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
House of CB London
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Dime Curves Enhancement Shake
Dependable Quality Hair
Switch Up your Look with a protective Style
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 678910 14>