Author
Babi_princess14 View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Topic: Why does a weave itch
    Posted: Sep 07 2008 at 2:57pm
My sewin weave is itchin like mad nd its only been 9days
Sponsored Links

Macabre View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 07 2008 at 3:17pm
Mine is itching super bad too. I'm going to have it taken out this weekend because I think I may be having a reaction to the hair. I've developed a rash on my arms (I sleep with my head on my arms) and its starting to itch too.
dejee View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 07 2008 at 3:36pm

When I first got mine it itched like crazy too. After I washed it the first time it stopped. I'm not sure what caused the itching but I'm damn sure happy it stopped.

nochi View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 07 2008 at 3:37pm
theres probably a couple reasons its itching.. all those braids+ extra hair make it hard for air to reach your scalp.. and when you have sweat, product, and whatever else building up there and no air reaching it, it can be a problem. On the flip side, another problem might be that you're not keeping your hair and scalp properly moisturized under there. If your scalp tends to be dry then that could be the cause of the itch (dandruff) so you may want to consider getting a light oil and continuing to oil your scalp as needed. Just dont overdo it b/c like i said, too much crap trapped under all that can cause the problem too.

when you sweat or get your hair wet, you need to make sure you dry it properly because your hair can actually develop mold/mildew if you do not dry your hair (because, again, chances are not enough air is reaching your scalp and hair underneath) when you do wash/sweat, you can sit under a hood dryer to ensure your hair is dry or if you dont have one of these, use a blowdryer on a low setting.. i usually just separate the tracks (meaning, lift up one track at a time and pin it out of my way so the air can really reach the scalp/braid)

also make sure you reallllly rinse your hair whenever you do shampoo b/c trapped soap can also cause itch

last but not least it could be a reaction to something that is actually on the fake hair itself. they use all kinds of chemicals on it so maybe next time before you install the hair, wash it first.

Edited by nochi - Sep 07 2008 at 3:38pm
moremi View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 07 2008 at 3:58pm
Actually the #1 reason weave itches is the hair used to braid!
My weave never itches.. never! until this install.. I am about to go crazy! its lessen since I have washed with ACV--but its more than usual. and killing me!

There is something used in the hair that's used to braid that most pple are alergic to.. so, next time, buy human hair for braiding or buy the synthetic hair and soak in ACV for a day rinse and condition..

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 07 2008 at 4:29pm
Thats the thing its human hair but im glad b/c im washin my hair 2morrow mornin then im gonna air dry it probably usin a big ole fan
marie67 View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 07 2008 at 5:36pm
Beards on the weft itches when it's close on the scalp,the  itching lessens when the hair grows a bit  Also growing hair,will itch too.
lattabody View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 07 2008 at 7:47pm
yep those damn beards is what makes me itch. also like marie67 said when my hair grows it also itches. 
gold.nile View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 07 2008 at 7:51pm
Wow, I'm going to use acv on the braiding hair b4 I do my next install..great tip....imm sure the hair will otherwise it...its milky way braiding hair, lol, so 4 sure it will itch

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 08 2008 at 9:45am
I didnt no all this
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
iLace Wigs
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Netwurks Xcel21
Human Hair Wigs
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic