BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Perfect Hair Collection

why do we have to tip?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 484950

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 7 Votes, Average 3.86  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
jonesable View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jonesable Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 03 2014 at 10:06pm
Originally posted by SamoneLenior SamoneLenior wrote:

Originally posted by jonesable jonesable wrote:

Ooohh lord I wish someone would straight up tell me to stfu at the movies so I can show out.
Other ppl having quiet convos don't bother me .

Do y'all realize how loud that speaker is?

Y'all ain't bothered by my convos.

The only thing that bothers me is pulling out cell phones BC it hurts my eyes in a the darkness.
But I do that too

I would try to get you removed by the manager

Uh huh
Sponsored Links

coconess View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coconess Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 03 2014 at 10:08pm
im one of them ones who talks too… 

i always have questions
jonesable View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jonesable Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 03 2014 at 10:10pm
It's not loud but yeah I have questions during movies .
It's not like endless talking but yeah I talk at points during the movie.

LB it's not a problem!!

When I move to Houston you want to catch a movie?
Diane (35) View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Diane (35) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 03 2014 at 10:36pm
Originally posted by ms_wonderland ms_wonderland wrote:

Originally posted by Diane (35) Diane (35) wrote:

Originally posted by jonesable jonesable wrote:

Damn y'all tipping hundreds as in multiple ?
Let me know the next time y'all come through

Yes but JMD hundreds. 1 USD = 113 JMD, unfortunately.

where is the louis vuitton store?

DEADINGSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!! wonder i cant breathe!!! rofl
Diane (35) View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Diane (35) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 03 2014 at 10:42pm
Originally posted by rickysrose rickysrose wrote:

Summary: I cant endorse WF's stance. But IA that there are plenty of folks who are of the same view and say we shouldn't tip the staff. If you cant tip and you received good service please call or email the place and say which persons made your good time out even better.

Wildfire isn't alone. We were in the market and my mother let the higgler lady keep the change ... my cousin was mad puss piss vex, wanted to take the money out of the lady's hand

I don't know what is so serious of extending gratitude someone can feel

I'm not saying she is, im saying folks hide behind excuses and that to say we dont have a culture of tipping is not true, there's plenty keep the change too. I may even tip the fellow at the movie parking lot $200JMD all he is doing is watching the cars, so to speak.

Wonder the nearest LV store is in the Dominican Republic! but you can find good cheap jewellery etc in the duty free stores in the resort area. Tourists return home, get a piece bought here appraised and are pleasantly suprised at the actual value.
Brjasuga51 View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Brjasuga51 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 03 2014 at 10:54pm

Originally posted by Brjasuga51 Brjasuga51 wrote:

Diane I do tip when I visit. Learnt that from my parents at a young age. When I tip sometimes they seem surprised .

This is it the people them so damn grateful and surprised i feel a way.Embarrassed as if a couple hundreds is a big thing

The older cashier said she tip her hairdresser because she's renting a booth in someone else's shop, WF had previously said something similar she doesnt tip her hairdresser cause shes the owner. Make sense.

Br, whappen mi luv? Do we tip or not? Did you used to tip when you lived here? 

Just asked my 3 aunts, my uncle and they said definitely! My grandpa (84+) said he didnt eat out when he was younger (he bought jerk or from the cookshop but my grams would cook daily AND they had plenty of kids home) but he definitely tips the barber.

My uncle said in my gramps days it wasnt a part of the Jamaican culture but as we had more sit down restaurants and evolved the night life scene we tipped. BUT we dont have a set tipping structure and the folks will take whatever and wont curse you to your face. My gramps said he's a mean man (my uncle says he's really mean) and wouldn't even tip the bar girl (i dont tip them either cause them teeefffffffffffff, maybe i should drop a few 100s thinking about it ) but my uncle said in his younger days you didnt tip the bar girl but you buy her a drink with each round and she fakes it puts the drink back in  the stock and takes the cash LMAO

Always did it... even when I lived there. M mother tips and also my dad. My mother tips even the MN carrying the grocery to her vehicle from the supermarket.
newdiva1 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote newdiva1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 03 2014 at 11:17pm
Originally posted by ms_wonderland ms_wonderland wrote:

smfh...I used to never say anything but now I will tell you to stfu.  Movies cost too much to listen to other people's dialogues.  If you defy me I will have the usher toss your ass out.

We always avoid crowds at the movies.  Usually we go in the daytime or once it's been out for weeks.   

Wonder said "defy" gaddamn.
Lite Brite View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lite Brite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 03 2014 at 11:29pm
Uhhh..let's go bowling Jones
OhMyCurlz View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OhMyCurlz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 03 2014 at 11:34pm
Delete

Edited by OhMyCurlz - Jul 03 2014 at 11:50pm
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
House of CB London
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Dime Curves Enhancement Shake
Dependable Quality Hair