Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Extensions Plus

why do we have to tip?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 47484950>

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 7 Votes, Average 3.86  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Sang Froid View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sang Froid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 03 2014 at 9:20pm
I go to the 11 AM showings of movies. Approve

Sponsored Links

SamoneLenior View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SamoneLenior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 03 2014 at 9:22pm

I go on Sundays.....first show
jonesable View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jonesable Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 03 2014 at 9:24pm
I'm never at a premiere .
Too many ppl.

I'm going to watch Think Like A Man 2 this weekend
Diane (35) View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Diane (35) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 03 2014 at 9:29pm
Originally posted by Brjasuga51 Brjasuga51 wrote:

Diane I do tip when I visit. Learnt that from my parents at a young age. When I tip sometimes they seem surprised .

This is it the people them so damn grateful and surprised i feel a way.Embarrassed as if a couple hundreds is a big thing

The older cashier said she tip her hairdresser because she's renting a booth in someone else's shop, WF had previously said something similar she doesnt tip her hairdresser cause shes the owner. Make sense.

Br, whappen mi luv? Do we tip or not? Did you used to tip when you lived here? 

Just asked my 3 aunts, my uncle and they said definitely! My grandpa (84+) said he didnt eat out when he was younger (he bought jerk or from the cookshop but my grams would cook daily AND they had plenty of kids home) but he definitely tips the barber.

My uncle said in my gramps days it wasnt a part of the Jamaican culture but as we had more sit down restaurants and evolved the night life scene we tipped. BUT we dont have a set tipping structure and the folks will take whatever and wont curse you to your face. My gramps said he's a mean man (my uncle says he's really mean) and wouldn't even tip the bar girl (i dont tip them either cause them teeefffffffffffff, maybe i should drop a few 100s thinking about it ) but my uncle said in his younger days you didnt tip the bar girl but you buy her a drink with each round and she fakes it puts the drink back in  the stock and takes the cash LMAO
jonesable View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jonesable Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 03 2014 at 9:31pm
Damn y'all tipping hundreds as in multiple ?
Let me know the next time y'all come through
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Diane (35) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 03 2014 at 9:37pm
I love loved the culture at Carib cinema when it was only one theatre. Pure jokes and talking back to the screen getting up and bussing a gun finger or 2. It is still there but only for 2-for-1 tuedays! love it, an action or horror movie on a tuesday at 5 pm JOKESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS deaddings lord to hear the collective sucking of teeth if the movie ending is crappy.

Now random chatting and noise annoys me. and i'll ask the person to keep it down or the answeing of phones BUT what really will make me curse badwords loudlyEmbarrassedEmbarrassed ( the entire theatre heard) is the dumb azz chicks who take pics in the movies with flash. CHEESE SAUCE CHRISE!!! I took it in stride i was patient while the light blinded me, i allowed young folks to have fun, couldnt understand why one needs to take a pic in the dimmed lights (intermission) but when the lights off and the curtains re-opening and you flash that mother fuqqin light for a fourth time you will get a "bumbobloodclaat, no, just no , no" Same scenario last month too wtf?
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Diane (35) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 03 2014 at 9:38pm
Originally posted by jonesable jonesable wrote:

Yes but JMD hundreds. 1 USD = 113 JMD, unfortunately.
jonesable View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jonesable Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 03 2014 at 9:39pm
Lol see taking a pic would annoy the hell out of me.
Its only yt ppl who would make me act up.

ms_wonderland View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ms_wonderland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 03 2014 at 9:41pm
Originally posted by Diane (35) Diane (35) wrote:

Originally posted by jonesable jonesable wrote:

Yes but JMD hundreds. 1 USD = 113 JMD, unfortunately.

where is the louis vuitton store?
rickysrose View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rickysrose Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 03 2014 at 9:49pm
Originally posted by Diane (35) Diane (35) wrote:

Summary: I cant endorse WF's stance. But IA that there are plenty of folks who are of the same view and say we shouldn't tip the staff. If you cant tip and you received good service please call or email the place and say which persons made your good time out even better.

Wildfire isn't alone. We were in the market and my mother let the higgler lady keep the change ... my cousin was mad puss piss vex, wanted to take the money out of the lady's hand

I don't know what is so serious of extending gratitude someone can feel

Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 47484950>
  Share Topic