Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

why do we have to tip?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 4647484950>

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 7 Votes, Average 3.86  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
jonesable View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jonesable Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 03 2014 at 8:29pm
Originally posted by Tbaby Tbaby wrote:

*note to self: avoid  sitting near jonesable at the movie theatre*
LOL....Stern Smile

I really don't talk thhhhaaatt loud
Just audible...

So y'all telling me you're 100 percent quiet at the movies?
Don't lie now

Edited by jonesable - Jul 03 2014 at 8:30pm
Sponsored Links

ms_wonderland View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ms_wonderland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 03 2014 at 8:30pm
Lmao @ falsely accusing the victim.  You change your spots once the lights dim...Entitlement, false accusations, obnoxiousness...what type of ppl does that remind me of? Geek

Not 100% quiet but way more quiet than you I already can tell!

Edited by ms_wonderland - Jul 03 2014 at 8:31pm
jonesable View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jonesable Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 03 2014 at 8:33pm
Lmao it's really not that bad.

I was kidding at first when I said I talk loudly but yes I have conversations periodically throughout the movie.

I think most ppl do!
ms_wonderland View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ms_wonderland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 03 2014 at 8:42pm
nah there are three main culprits when it comes to talking in movies...I will list them:

Teenagers, of all colors
The Spanish speakers...Usually bring a baby too.  
Black people...we can be animated and it don't stop for movies.

Don't tase me bro.
jonesable View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jonesable Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 03 2014 at 8:47pm
I agree lol.

Children at movies don't bother me.
A crying arm baby would and no I'm not as loud as that baby
Diane (35) View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Diane (35) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 03 2014 at 8:50pm
STOP THE PRESSES: If you come to Jamaica please folks tip the people in the service industry and the hotel industry whether you are in a resort town or otherwise. Esp since your dollar is a stronger currency than ours. Unless you are at a Sandals resort they DO NOT allow workers to accept tips unless you have a butler suite or concierge suite. You can get around that though.

Hotel workers dont earn a fair wage either most of the room price is going to corp. tip them (if you can) and the stories they tell!!!!!! ( I love to talk to housekeeping staff) Mommy Diane says she def. tips the housekeeping at AIs and told me i should too (but im broke, i tip the bell boy though *slaps forehead*)

The waiter and waitress at a sit down restaurant in the USA is steel making more than the folks out here. The Jamaicans are looking out for the tip as well. Minimum wage is pittance here (50-56 USD) for a 40 hour work week. security guards are to be paid (82 USD a week but may have additional allowances- uniform or firearm or dog handling all together still not much more). those who earn minimum wage generally don't receive a pay stub or cheque or are taxed but get cash in hand, the wages are significantly less. Our Minimum wage workers are maids, janitorial staff (maybe) not waiters though

I assume waitress get paid steps ahead of a minimum wage worker but as i said i dont know.

The world over a tip is NOT mandatory, it may even be expected yes but it is at your discretion. No one can force you to leave a tip but they can add on the service charge or the gratuity (here if it's on your bill for it to be a gratuity charge it must be able to be increased or decreased otherwise the restaurant is judt adding on another service charge).

I asked Mommy Diane i asked the cashiers at the beauty supply they were surprised at the idea that we(Jamaicans) dont tip. The older cashier said "if you follow people they make you believe and think all sorts of things", the young chick my age said "me and all my friends tip."So let me clarify: folks wanna use excuses just like everywhere else, but we DO tip. 

I cant see how im eating a $2500 JMD meal and i cant throw $400-600 JMD to the waiter. If i know times are hard for me (but i can sit down to eat overpriced meal vs the raw ingredients), then the waiter likely has it harder and i can even help him or her with her bus or taxi fare or lunch tomorrow or supm.

Wonder is serious business when we drop stateside. Shop from morning till evening. I have food at home, in my handbag not buying one damn thing in the mall unless we are dying. Just the other day my cuzzos were complaining/laughing we never see the sights, go to clubs nothing straight clothes and shoes and hair products! When the money done (finishes) please send me back to Ja. ASAP! 
Diane (35) View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Diane (35) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 03 2014 at 8:53pm
Summary: I cant endorse WF's stance. But IA that there are plenty of folks who are of the same view and say we shouldn't tip the staff. If you cant tip and you received good service please call or email the place and say which persons made your good time out even better.
Brjasuga51 View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brjasuga51 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 03 2014 at 9:03pm
Diane I do tip when I visit. Learnt that from my parents at a young age. When I tip sometimes they seem surprised .
Lite Brite View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Lite Brite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 03 2014 at 9:17pm
Nooo Jones

Hearing someone low talk or whisper continually throughout a movie is the worst
SamoneLenior View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote SamoneLenior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 03 2014 at 9:20pm
Originally posted by jonesable jonesable wrote:

Ooohh lord I wish someone would straight up tell me to stfu at the movies so I can show out.
Other ppl having quiet convos don't bother me .

Do y'all realize how loud that speaker is?

Y'all ain't bothered by my convos.

The only thing that bothers me is pulling out cell phones BC it hurts my eyes in a the darkness.
But I do that too

I would try to get you removed by the manager
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
House of CB London
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Dime Curves Enhancement Shake
Brazilian Hair