Summer Hair Takeover Specials
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Perfect Hair Collection

why do we have to tip?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 4142434445 50>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 7 Votes, Average 3.86  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Wildfire View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wildfire Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 03 2014 at 2:52pm
Originally posted by SamoneLenior SamoneLenior wrote:

I don't get the confusion

if you don't like how things are done in your country regarding tipping and what servers are paid then don't eat a places that do not pay their workers well and rely on tips

if you get the structure is not fair to workers, but still want to eat out, tip well

would this not work where you are?

Oh, I think you misunderstood my post.  I wasnt complaining about the system here. 

I was just pointing out that you cant expect tipping to be a big to-do for persons whose cultures are different - such as mine --i am not familiar with the issues in the US regarding servers and wages etc. 

But its not the same here (as i said in my other post, servers do get overtime, some portions of their wages are tax free, etc, and there is a service charge at most places, so customers  are already paying extra, in a sense.). 

Culturally, its just not a "thing" to tip. Of course, there are those people tip, because they enjoyed the meal, the service, they want to be polite, show their gratitude, for the overall service etc ---but they're not doing it with the thought to supplement the workers' wages, or because they know servers jobs arent easy, etc. 

Here, you tip if you feel you should/want to/can....not because its an obligation or responsibility. Not knocking anyone for doing it, but I just think it should be understood that we are talking about different cultures here.

So its not the great issue it seems to be for most of the other posters here, who are Americans. The cultures/situations are not the same, as somebody else pointed out. 

Edited by Wildfire - Jul 03 2014 at 2:53pm
Sponsored Links

SamoneLenior View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SamoneLenior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 03 2014 at 3:03pm

oh well that makes sense WF
ms_wonderland View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote ms_wonderland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 03 2014 at 3:35pm
WF, knowing the culture is different, if you were visiting the US would you tip the server the 15-20% expected?
Wildfire View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wildfire Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 03 2014 at 3:57pm
^I would maybe tip something. And I doubt I'd do that on a simple visit. I'd have to be there for at least a few months to work my way into the custom

Edited by Wildfire - Jul 03 2014 at 3:57pm
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote SamoneLenior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 03 2014 at 4:24pm
Originally posted by Wildfire Wildfire wrote:

^I would maybe tip something. And I doubt I'd do that on a simple visit. I'd have to be there for at least a few months to work my way into the custom

lol
mizzsandra00 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (4) Thanks(4)   Quote mizzsandra00 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 03 2014 at 4:26pm

lol

So much can be said....so much.
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote SamoneLenior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 03 2014 at 4:30pm

and that is why people (in the US) are saying what they are saying lol
Wildfire View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wildfire Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 03 2014 at 4:34pm

lol

LOL, what?
Diane (35) View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Diane (35) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 03 2014 at 4:34pm
WF i cant fully agree with you on that. That there's a no tipping culture, i know plenty folks like to hide behind the"but it's there job, they must" sentiment and get real upset. 

If im in the states i aint going out to eat unless someone paying i'll throw about $3 to the tip. I need my USD for important thinkgs like clothes and shoes what i look like buying food? We pack lunch and juices and water and head to the stores. Food? Food? lmao

damnnit i cant even type out what i want causeim heading out. I need to ask aorund how folks feel about restaurant tipping
ms_wonderland View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ms_wonderland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 03 2014 at 4:35pm
Lmao @ packing a lunch instead.  I think that's a good idea and makes it less like a vacation and more like a field trip.  That's more fun.
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
FAB Hair Premium Hair Extensions
DivaWigs.com
Premium Quality Human Hair Extensions and Closures
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 4142434445 50>
  Share Topic