BHM BHM BHM
Summer Hair Takeover Specials
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

why do we have to tip?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 4041424344 50>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 7 Votes, Average 3.86  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Wildfire View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Wildfire Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 03 2014 at 10:20am
Originally posted by SamoneLenior SamoneLenior wrote:

I just don't believe any of you that say you care about wages but still go out to eat and don't tip sh*t, tip only when you can afford it, or tip very little

it is cheap

put your money where your mouth is and eat at home....really show corp how you feel

I dont live in the US. the culture and pay, having to do with service, is not the same here. All the things youre telling me to consider as to why I must tip, does not apply to here. But apparently when we are so angry at others for having a different viewpoint/experience, and eager to throw dirt, we fail to take certain things into consideration. ah well.

Sponsored Links

tatee View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote tatee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 03 2014 at 10:22am
i'm pretty sure he's never called a women anything but a ladies in his life.
Wildfire View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Wildfire Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 03 2014 at 10:25am
Originally posted by JamCaygirl JamCaygirl wrote:

Originally posted by ms_wonderland ms_wonderland wrote:

this thread is a good example at why it's easier said than done when getting others to accept and understand cultures outside of their own, that extends to any type of acceptance really.  

Basically...

both sides...

and then you have those deliberately misinterpreting stuff...

Yep

There is no "culture" of tipping here. There are gratuities, etc. Servers may not be taking home six figures, but alot of times, the people they are serving arent taking home any better salary than them either. its a whole range of things.
Missvw View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Missvw Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 03 2014 at 10:42am
I rarely tip tbh, it's not big in the UK to tip anyways
EPITOME View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EPITOME Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 03 2014 at 11:37am
Originally posted by thewonderfulwa thewonderfulwa wrote:

Why did she call a grown man a boy she didnt think that was insulting???

I actually can see how a waitress wouldn't necessarily find that insulting....she can just say fellas' or guys.
SamoneLenior View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote SamoneLenior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 03 2014 at 1:39pm
Originally posted by Wildfire Wildfire wrote:

I just don't believe any of you that say you care about wages but still go out to eat and don't tip sh*t, tip only when you can afford it, or tip very little

it is cheap

put your money where your mouth is and eat at home....really show corp how you feel

I dont live in the US. the culture and pay, having to do with service, is not the same here. All the things youre telling me to consider as to why I must tip, does not apply to here. But apparently when we are so angry at others for having a different viewpoint/experience, and eager to throw dirt, we fail to take certain things into consideration. ah well.

well I am only speaking about what happens in the US

but if you feel the structure is messed up in your country...then yes boycott or tip well
coconess View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coconess Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 03 2014 at 1:50pm
This thread made me realize how well I tip..

I've eaten out about 5 times in the past 2/3 days and I've been calculating more.. (At a restaurant now)
I def almost always do more that 15%
Typically 20-30% I notice I go higher when the bill is less...

Am I brainwashed?

Edited by coconess - Jul 03 2014 at 1:55pm
callmeDEva View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote callmeDEva Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 03 2014 at 2:11pm
I always tip well. At the minimum, 15%. When it's delivery, I tip at least 25%.

I've been in the food industry my entire life. When my mom had her restaurant, her servers were paid minimum wage. And they got to keep their tips.
SamoneLenior View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SamoneLenior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 03 2014 at 2:22pm

I don't get the confusion

if you don't like how things are done in your country regarding tipping and what servers are paid then don't eat a places that do not pay their workers well and rely on tips

if you get the structure is not fair to workers, but still want to eat out, tip well

would this not work where you are?

Edited by SamoneLenior - Jul 03 2014 at 2:23pm
Wildfire View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wildfire Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 03 2014 at 2:22pm

Originally posted by Wildfire Wildfire wrote:

it is cheap

well I am only speaking about what happens in the US

but if you feel the structure is messed up in your country...then yes boycott or tip well

what?Confused
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
FAB Hair Premium Hair Extensions
DivaWigs.com
Premium Quality Human Hair Extensions and Closures
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 4041424344 50>