Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Angkor Cambodian Hair

why do we have to tip?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3536373839 44>
It Always Begin With Beautiful Hair

Bootiful Cream

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 7 Votes, Average 3.86  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
ms_wonderland View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote ms_wonderland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 02 2014 at 6:29pm
don't southern women think it's cute to call men boys?

He is bankrupt so maybe he wasn't tryna come off that 18%.
Sponsored Links

jonesable View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jonesable Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 02 2014 at 6:34pm
He makes over 100 k a month on TV though.
And still has his NFL pension and annuities protected from bankruptcy

Edited by jonesable - Jul 02 2014 at 6:35pm
ms_wonderland View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ms_wonderland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 02 2014 at 6:38pm
100k a mth?  What's with auctioning off all his belongings?  Bad investments?  A fool and his money, ill never get it.  And the whole not paying his child support and alimony thing.

Edited by ms_wonderland - Jul 02 2014 at 6:40pm
keelolo1 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote keelolo1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 02 2014 at 6:54pm
im in Tampa. He played for the bucs so he was always around Tampa. Pretty much everyone that has come across him has said he's an a$$hole. 
Wildfire View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Wildfire Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 03 2014 at 10:11am
Originally posted by ThoughtCouture ThoughtCouture wrote:

Originally posted by Diane (35) Diane (35) wrote:

Originally posted by ThoughtCouture ThoughtCouture wrote:

Originally posted by Diane (35) Diane (35) wrote:

A tip is not a service charge is not a gratuity.

this may be the case when the workers are already receiving fair wages.  but when they are not, the lines can become blurred...

Here is where the difference between a service charge and a gratuity becomes critical. Gratuities paid to employees are exempt from GCT but service charges are not. If service charges were exempt from GCT, the owner of the restaurant, club or bar could reduce the prices of the meals and drinks and increase the service charge as a way of reducing the taxable portion of the bill.

hmmmm...this is interesting.   so are you saying that gratuities that workers receive there, they do not have to pay taxes on?  if so that is not the case here.  workers here are taxed on their base pay as well as tips (discretionary or not)

thats why i kept emphasising that Im talking about here. Some werent tryna see that though.

Edited by Wildfire - Jul 03 2014 at 10:12am
Wildfire View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wildfire Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 03 2014 at 10:13am
Originally posted by SamoneLenior SamoneLenior wrote:

I wonder how some of yall treat cashiers and sales associates..............or anyone providing you a service

I treat everyone i interact with, with respect. I go out of my way to be respectful, especially people in those jobs, because I know the crap they have to deal with. 
Wildfire View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Wildfire Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 03 2014 at 10:20am
Originally posted by SamoneLenior SamoneLenior wrote:

I just don't believe any of you that say you care about wages but still go out to eat and don't tip sh*t, tip only when you can afford it, or tip very little

it is cheap

put your money where your mouth is and eat at home....really show corp how you feel

I dont live in the US. the culture and pay, having to do with service, is not the same here. All the things youre telling me to consider as to why I must tip, does not apply to here. But apparently when we are so angry at others for having a different viewpoint/experience, and eager to throw dirt, we fail to take certain things into consideration. ah well.

tatee View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote tatee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 03 2014 at 10:22am
i'm pretty sure he's never called a women anything but a ladies in his life.
Wildfire View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Wildfire Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 03 2014 at 10:25am
Originally posted by JamCaygirl JamCaygirl wrote:

Originally posted by ms_wonderland ms_wonderland wrote:

this thread is a good example at why it's easier said than done when getting others to accept and understand cultures outside of their own, that extends to any type of acceptance really.  

Basically...

both sides...

and then you have those deliberately misinterpreting stuff...

Yep

There is no "culture" of tipping here. There are gratuities, etc. Servers may not be taking home six figures, but alot of times, the people they are serving arent taking home any better salary than them either. its a whole range of things.
Missvw View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Missvw Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 03 2014 at 10:42am
I rarely tip tbh, it's not big in the UK to tip anyways
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Weave Connection
Little Black Scarf
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3536373839 44>