BHM BHM BHM
Summer Hair Takeover Specials
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

why do we have to tip?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3940414243 50>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 7 Votes, Average 3.86  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Sang Froid View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Sang Froid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 01 2014 at 9:27pm
I think servers would rather get tips than work minimum wage.
So...Jams plan....no. 
Sponsored Links

newdiva1 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote newdiva1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 02 2014 at 12:47am
Originally posted by SamoneLenior SamoneLenior wrote:

I just don't believe any of you that say you care about wages but still go out to eat and don't tip sh*t, tip only when you can afford it, or tip very little

it is cheap

put your money where your mouth is and eat at home....really show corp how you feel

i'm saying.  show them what's really good and don't give nobody no money...not just your servers.
JamCaygirl View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JamCaygirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 02 2014 at 6:24pm

Warren Sapp stiffs waitress for 'horrible' service; waitress responds

By John Breech | CBSSports.com
Is Warren Sapp a bad tipper? Or did he get bad service? (USATSI) Is Warren Sapp a bad tipper? Or did he get bad service? (USATSI)

Did you watch the World Cup at a bar on Tuesday? Did you tip your waitress afterward?

Hall of Famer Warren Sapp did one of those things but not the other after watching the United States play Belgium at a bar in Florida. Sapp racked up a $69.39 bill during the match and left a zero dollar tip.

Sapp took a lot of heat for the no-tip after a picture of the bill made its way onto Twitter.

So why didn't Sapp leave a tip for the waitress? He explained himself on Wednesday.

Unfortunately for Sapp, the waitress seems to disagree with his side of the story. The 26-year-old female, only identified as Corey, joined WINZ-AM in Miami on Wednesday to explain what happened.

Lets start with the "boys don't tip" part, since Sapp wrote it in giant letters across the check.

The waitress' explanation?

"We were busy. I walked over to his table. It was him and one other guy and I said, 'Hey boys, what I can I get you to drink?' And he was like 'We're not boys. I'm a man,'" the waitress said. "I mean, saying 'Hey men, what do you want to drink?' sounds kind of weird, I think. I go with 'boys' a lot. It sounds more youthful."

As for Sapp tweeting that he "left" because the server was horrible, the waitress disputes that too, saying that the former NFL defensive lineman stayed at the restaurant until well after the match.

"He got there around 3:20 p.m... And he left probably an hour after [the match] and his service wasn't terrible," the waitress said, adding that Sapp "never complained."

Corey claims she had no idea that the term "boys" could be construed as offensive. "I didn't know 'boys' was offensive," she said. "It'd just be [like] if I went up to a table of girls, I'd say 'hey girls' -- or 'hey ladies.'"

At this point, the waitress doesn't think she'll lose her job. "I was a little concerned, but my bosses are very nice and very kind people, so I knew they'd at least hear my side of the story," Corey said.

A manager at Upper Deck Sports Bar and Grille told WINZ that he's going to investigate. "I'm going to go through the surveillance tapes to see if the service was in fact poor."

You might be wondering why a waitress would post a picture of a bad tip on Twitter -- she didn't. Apparently, when Corey serves celebrities at her restaurant, she'll send a text to her sister in New Jersey.

"I never posted anything, I just sent the picture to my sister," Corey said.

The sister then did what sisters do and posted the picture on Facebook. Eventually, the picture ended up in a Darren Rovell tweet, and that's how things go viral, ladies and gentleman.

So is Sapp a good tipper who got bad service or is he a lousy tipper who got outed by a waitress' sister? You decide.

Oh, and one more thing: Corey once served Dan Marino. Unfortunately for us though, that story didn't go viral.

"I served Dan Marino once and he was the nicest person ever. He talked to me about Ace Ventura."

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/eye-on-football/24604765/warren-sapp-tips-waitress-0-on-70-for-horrible-service-waitress-responds

thewonderfulwa View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote thewonderfulwa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 02 2014 at 6:28pm
Why did she call a grown man a boy she didnt think that was insulting???
ms_wonderland View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote ms_wonderland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 02 2014 at 6:29pm
don't southern women think it's cute to call men boys?

He is bankrupt so maybe he wasn't tryna come off that 18%.
jonesable View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jonesable Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 02 2014 at 6:34pm
He makes over 100 k a month on TV though.
And still has his NFL pension and annuities protected from bankruptcy

Edited by jonesable - Jul 02 2014 at 6:35pm
ms_wonderland View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ms_wonderland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 02 2014 at 6:38pm
100k a mth?  What's with auctioning off all his belongings?  Bad investments?  A fool and his money, ill never get it.  And the whole not paying his child support and alimony thing.

Edited by ms_wonderland - Jul 02 2014 at 6:40pm
keelolo1 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote keelolo1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 02 2014 at 6:54pm
im in Tampa. He played for the bucs so he was always around Tampa. Pretty much everyone that has come across him has said he's an a$$hole. 
Wildfire View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Wildfire Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 03 2014 at 10:11am
Originally posted by ThoughtCouture ThoughtCouture wrote:

Originally posted by Diane (35) Diane (35) wrote:

Originally posted by ThoughtCouture ThoughtCouture wrote:

Originally posted by Diane (35) Diane (35) wrote:

A tip is not a service charge is not a gratuity.

this may be the case when the workers are already receiving fair wages.  but when they are not, the lines can become blurred...

Here is where the difference between a service charge and a gratuity becomes critical. Gratuities paid to employees are exempt from GCT but service charges are not. If service charges were exempt from GCT, the owner of the restaurant, club or bar could reduce the prices of the meals and drinks and increase the service charge as a way of reducing the taxable portion of the bill.

hmmmm...this is interesting.   so are you saying that gratuities that workers receive there, they do not have to pay taxes on?  if so that is not the case here.  workers here are taxed on their base pay as well as tips (discretionary or not)

thats why i kept emphasising that Im talking about here. Some werent tryna see that though.

Edited by Wildfire - Jul 03 2014 at 10:12am
Wildfire View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wildfire Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 03 2014 at 10:13am
Originally posted by SamoneLenior SamoneLenior wrote:

I wonder how some of yall treat cashiers and sales associates..............or anyone providing you a service

I treat everyone i interact with, with respect. I go out of my way to be respectful, especially people in those jobs, because I know the crap they have to deal with. 
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
FAB Hair Premium Hair Extensions
DivaWigs.com
Premium Quality Human Hair Extensions and Closures
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3940414243 50>
  Share Topic