Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Angkor Cambodian Hair

why do we have to tip?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3334353637 44>
It Always Begin With Beautiful Hair

Bootiful Cream

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 7 Votes, Average 3.86  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Omgitsdannie101 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Omgitsdannie101 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 01 2014 at 12:32pm
How much should you tip your hairdresser?
Sponsored Links

ThoughtCouture View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote ThoughtCouture Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 01 2014 at 12:42pm
Originally posted by Diane (35) Diane (35) wrote:

Originally posted by ThoughtCouture ThoughtCouture wrote:

Originally posted by Diane (35) Diane (35) wrote:

I do know if I head to Sandals resort my azz better not tip, for fear the employee loses their job! not that i can afford to go on my own lollol Business that shoult dont tip piss me off! but i do understand why.

oh lort diane. i was in a complete culture shock the first time i went to an all inclusive "no tipping...don't even think about tipping" resort.  i had to get my mind right and make it do what it do tho...LOLCryLOL

Shout* I prefer to head to the AIs that allow tipping. Not that im tipping at an AI though. The Sandals loyalists have found ways around that- They'll bring items clothes, kid's supplies, bath and body works etc, or envelopes with cash and the employees' names present to the employee in front of a manager.

awwwhhhh that's so nice.  i slipped the lady who cleaned our room some extra money once.  she was soooooo sweet and dealt with all of our shanangans....lol

Edited by ThoughtCouture - Jul 01 2014 at 12:42pm
Merin View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Merin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 01 2014 at 12:59pm
Originally posted by SamoneLenior SamoneLenior wrote:

I just don't believe any of you that say you care about wages but still go out to eat and don't tip sh*t, tip only when you can afford it, or tip very little

it is cheap

put your money where your mouth is and eat at home....really show corp how you feel

But I like eating out!!! However I also tip well.
JamCaygirl View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote JamCaygirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 01 2014 at 1:38pm
Originally posted by ms_wonderland ms_wonderland wrote:

this thread is a good example at why it's easier said than done when getting others to accept and understand cultures outside of their own, that extends to any type of acceptance really.  

Basically...

both sides...

and then you have those deliberately misinterpreting stuff...
sugabanana View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sugabanana Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 01 2014 at 3:13pm
So no Summry huh?
liesnalibis View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote liesnalibis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 01 2014 at 3:30pm
Do unto others...
rickysrose View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote rickysrose Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 01 2014 at 3:57pm
if you don't mind paying the "upcharge" whether that's an increase in food prices or a mandatory service charge

Why not tip?

Disagreeing with the pay structure is quite different from receiving the service and not tipping knowing full well their pay is not in a service fee or in the food price 

newdiva1 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote newdiva1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 01 2014 at 5:22pm
Originally posted by creole booty creole booty wrote:

I tip for the service I expect to get on my next visit. It works.

Indeed. I find that I get treated very well when I tip by "folks" who "know" me. I get excellent service for my nails. My food gets made how I want if I ask for something that's not necessarily on the menu. I also get my orders delivered with a quickness.
newdiva1 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote newdiva1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 01 2014 at 5:24pm
The beef that i'm seeing with "service charge" and "tip" seems to be choice.

America need to go ahead and quit tips and change it to service charge. then folks would be ok with it.
JamCaygirl View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JamCaygirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 01 2014 at 7:58pm
Originally posted by rickysrose rickysrose wrote:

if you don't mind paying the "upcharge" whether that's an increase in food prices or a mandatory service charge

Why not tip?

Disagreeing with the pay structure is quite different from receiving the service and not tipping knowing full well their pay is not in a service fee or in the food price 

I'm glad you noted the difference...

Those of us disagreeing with the pay structure are still tipping, contrary to what some posters would have you believe...we are just voicing our disgust here....
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Weave Connection
Little Black Scarf
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3334353637 44>
  Share Topic