Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Extensions Plus

why do we have to tip?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3233343536 44>

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 7 Votes, Average 3.86  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
OhMyCurlz View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote OhMyCurlz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 01 2014 at 11:24am
Originally posted by SamoneLenior SamoneLenior wrote:

if you disagree with the business practices so much, don't go out to eat
No. I'm going to go out to eat where ever I feel like it. This thread will not change where I eat. Most people need some type of care at some point in their life and acknowledge that the health care field treats PCTs badly, but that will not have any effect on them going to receive services provided by PCTs. 

It's interesting how you view acknowledging bad practices on behalf of an employer as somehow being anti-tipping. I don't agree with you, but I tip, the exception being absolute awful service (and attitude) which I receive from Asian restaurants exclusively. 

Okay. So you are okay with an employer paying their employees $3.00 an hour in order to avoid paying a fair wage? That's okay with you? 

This isn't that difficult. 

You can tip AND acknowledge the fact that businesses paying their employees slave wages is bad. 

Most people tip. Whether they tip because they feel obligated to or whether they feel like it's because it's just "courteous", most people don't stiff a good or even mediocre 20 year old server.
Sponsored Links

OhMyCurlz View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote OhMyCurlz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 01 2014 at 11:30am
Originally posted by OhMyCurlz OhMyCurlz wrote:

[QUOTE=SamoneLenior]
No. I'm going to go out to eat where ever I feel like it. This thread will not change where I eat and I eat out often. Most people need some type of care at some point in their life and acknowledge that the health care field treats PCTs badly, but that will not have any effect on them going to receive services provided by PCTs. And if a PCT has a problem with pay and treatment they do not have to work that job anymore. It's not the fault of a resident that the nursing home and hospital employers do not value PCTs. 

It's interesting how you view acknowledging bad practices on behalf of an employer as somehow being anti-tipping. I don't agree with you, but I tip, the exception being absolute awful service (and attitude) which I receive from Asian (food bar) restaurants exclusively. If you like giving them 20% of the value of your meal for being rude and having an attitude and providing awful to NO service. That's fab. I wont be doing that, and that will not change. 

Okay. So you are okay with an employer paying their employees $3.00 an hour in order to avoid paying a fair wage? That's okay with you? 

You can tip AND acknowledge the fact that businesses paying their employees slave wages is bad. 

Most people tip. Whether they tip because they feel obligated to or whether they feel like it's because it's just "courteous", most people don't stiff a good or even mediocre 20 year old server just to be a cheap ass hole.

Edited by OhMyCurlz - Jul 01 2014 at 11:32am
iliveforbhm View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote iliveforbhm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 01 2014 at 11:37am
Why is this 38 pages?! Y'all get mad when you are stereotyped wheb you go to restaurants and don't tip. I even tip the pizza delivery guy. Then don't go out then cheap bums.
Diane (35) View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Diane (35) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 01 2014 at 11:39am
Originally posted by coconess coconess wrote:

I'm at a restaurant right now...

Just tipped a little over 20%... And sent somethin back.. and I thought about y'all

awwwwww cokes.

it's really the tax that pisses me off not the tip. Im not sitting there giving a flub about servers' wages cause I have to care about domestic workers (maids), gardeners, other day labourers and security guards making pittance. I tip cause I assume their wages are poor and they depend on the tip plus their field is set up for them to receive a tip (they're luck compared to the others) narry a second thought given after that.

I do know if I head to Sandals resort my azz better not tip, for fear the employee loses their job! not that i can afford to go on my own lollol Business that shoult dont tip piss me off! but i do understand why.

ETA I know plenty of folks here love to stiff the Pizza delivery guy the tip, esp since pizza hut tacked on that delivery charge BUT i know they dont fully work with Pizza Hut/are considered independent contractors so they're really looking for that tip (not sure if this has changed. I'll ask the next delivery guy i see.

Edited by Diane (35) - Jul 01 2014 at 11:42am
mizzsandra00 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (4) Thanks(4)   Quote mizzsandra00 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 01 2014 at 11:39am
Girl Im not even a server and I wanna spit in yo food.....LOL
ThoughtCouture View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote ThoughtCouture Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 01 2014 at 11:45am
i don't tip when the service is horrible.  but tbh, I've only had to withhold a tip .1% of the time  and i'll let mgmt know exactly why...in which case i was usually comped...which is why it's not even worth mentioning imo (for myself, of course)

samone i'm with you.  i don't believe them.  they need more people...
OhMyCurlz View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote OhMyCurlz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 01 2014 at 11:47am

Originally posted by OhMyCurlz OhMyCurlz wrote:

No. I'm going to go out to eat where ever I feel like it. This thread will not change where I eat. Most people need some type of care at some point in their life and acknowledge that the health care field treats PCTs badly, but that will not have any effect on them going to receive services provided by PCTs. 

It's interesting how you view acknowledging bad practices on behalf of an employer as somehow being anti-tipping. I don't agree with you, but I tip, the exception being absolute awful service (and attitude) which I receive from Asian restaurants exclusively. 

Most people tip. Whether they tip because they feel obligated to or whether they feel like it's because it's just "courteous", most people don't stiff a good or even mediocre 20 year old server.

never typed that

I did type this...though lmao

which posts of mine did you read?

I never said you typed that. I asked. Because I quite frankly don't understand why you responded to me with the statement above since the entire post was about employers being the ones that are to blame. You seem to perceive not agreeing with you 100% as being anti-tipping. That's weird to me. I dont agree with you, but I'm not anti tipping at all. Not everyone agrees that you are OBLIGATED to tip, that doesn't mean they don't tip. That doesn't mean they don't tip well. That doesn't mean they don't sympathize with servers. That doesn't mean they don't give a sheit about servers. 

LOL Girl, please. You don't have an avi and BHM is janky, I honestly don't even see your posts till after I re-read the last page over. I would not have even  seen this post had I not looked back a page. I don't, and never saw you post that statement. I really don't even know what you are disagreeing with me about. 
ThoughtCouture View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ThoughtCouture Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 01 2014 at 11:48am
Originally posted by Diane (35) Diane (35) wrote:

I do know if I head to Sandals resort my azz better not tip, for fear the employee loses their job! not that i can afford to go on my own lollol Business that shoult dont tip piss me off! but i do understand why.

oh lort diane. i was in a complete culture shock the first time i went to an all inclusive "no tipping...don't even think about tipping" resort.  i had to get my mind right and make it do what it do tho...LOLCryLOL
Diane (35) View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Diane (35) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 01 2014 at 11:56am
Originally posted by ThoughtCouture ThoughtCouture wrote:

Originally posted by Diane (35) Diane (35) wrote:

oh lort diane. i was in a complete culture shock the first time i went to an all inclusive "no tipping...don't even think about tipping" resort.  i had to get my mind right and make it do what it do tho...LOLCryLOL

Shout* I prefer to head to the AIs that allow tipping. Not that im tipping at an AI though. The Sandals loyalists have found ways around that- They'll bring items clothes, kid's supplies, bath and body works etc, or envelopes with cash and the employees' names present to the employee in front of a manager.
OhMyCurlz View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote OhMyCurlz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 01 2014 at 12:07pm
Oh okay. Well, for the record. I TIP MY SERVERS. LOL

Aww...that's phucked up..lol. I'd never spit in anyone's food. 
Spitting is for camels and basic h0es. 

Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Weave Connection
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3233343536 44>
  Share Topic