BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Perfect Hair Collection

why do we have to tip?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3536373839 50>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 7 Votes, Average 3.86  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
mizzsandra00 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mizzsandra00 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 01 2014 at 10:12am
Y'all must like eating spit.....
Sponsored Links

jonesable View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote jonesable Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 01 2014 at 10:13am
and it continues ..
SamoneLenior View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote SamoneLenior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 01 2014 at 10:32am

National Diners Guide

Unfortunately, the workers who cook, prepare, and serve restaurant goers suffer from poverty wages, a lack of basic benefits like paid sick days, and often have little or no chance to move up to better positions. 2014 diners guide thumbnail

Our National Diners’ Guide provides information on wages, benefits, and the promotion practices of the most popular restaurants in America in at least 9 major cities across the country, from Los Angeles to D.C. to New York City.

This guide isn’t about boycotting certain restaurants. We want you to continue to dine at your favorite restaurants, but if they don’t score well in the guide (or are absent altogether), we want you to tell the restaurant owners that fair wages, access to paid sick days and internal advancement opportunities are important to you. If they are high road restaurants, they’re deserving of praise!

http://rocunited.org/wp-content/uploads/2014/01/2014-Natl-Diners-Guide.pdf

Edited by SamoneLenior - Jul 01 2014 at 10:33am
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SamoneLenior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 01 2014 at 10:34am

I have probably already done more than the ones saying I shouldn't have to tip..........

check out that guide and look up some other resources to help you make better dining choices
Lady ICE View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Lady ICE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 01 2014 at 10:41am
Originally posted by afrokock afrokock wrote:

Originally posted by Junior Jr Junior Jr wrote:

Take your cheap ass to KFC if you don't tip

jr.
you better chill the fucck out bruh

we remember you with your x(amount)/date maximum

nigguh get a job now he acking newblack

gtfoh

LOLLOLCryLOL
ThoughtCouture View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote ThoughtCouture Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 01 2014 at 10:48am
thanks samone...  that was very informative!
sugabanana View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sugabanana Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 01 2014 at 10:52am
Do I need to start from page 1?
Is this a good read? Any shade thrown?
Any big reveals?

Somebody please halp Suga out with the questions above.^^^

Signed
Suga Committee
OhMyCurlz View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote OhMyCurlz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 01 2014 at 11:00am
Originally posted by mizzsandra00 mizzsandra00 wrote:

Originally posted by OhMyCurlz OhMyCurlz wrote:

......but at the same time, you chose to work a job with sheity pay. Not me. SO don't get pissed at the customer for not making up for the wages that you AGREED to when you applied for that job.  If you are not pleased with your pay check, that is a matter that should be taken up with your employer, not the customer. That's like me walking into a restaurant and being charged a fee for the lights being on, a fee for air conditioning and then the cost of food. No. All costs and fees should be wrapped up in the price of the meal. If you decide to work for a business that doesn't respect you enough to make your pay a requirement, than that's your choice. 

I actually don't even care about tipping or mind, but this attitude that we are expected to make up for bad business practices on the part of the employer is ridiculous. 

If people are working as servers because it's flexible, they can call a nursing home and wipe ass for a flat $7.50 an hour with just as much, if not more flexibility. 

As far as a "percentage" of the meal. I dont agree with having to pay set percentages. I think $5-$15.00 is fair for tipping. You are making well over minimum wage with that. If I buy a $200.00 plate I'm not paying you $50.00 for bringing it. 

This is how the 1% feel about you.....but continue.
OhMyCurlz View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote OhMyCurlz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 01 2014 at 11:24am
Originally posted by SamoneLenior SamoneLenior wrote:

if you disagree with the business practices so much, don't go out to eat
No. I'm going to go out to eat where ever I feel like it. This thread will not change where I eat. Most people need some type of care at some point in their life and acknowledge that the health care field treats PCTs badly, but that will not have any effect on them going to receive services provided by PCTs. 

It's interesting how you view acknowledging bad practices on behalf of an employer as somehow being anti-tipping. I don't agree with you, but I tip, the exception being absolute awful service (and attitude) which I receive from Asian restaurants exclusively. 

Okay. So you are okay with an employer paying their employees $3.00 an hour in order to avoid paying a fair wage? That's okay with you? 

This isn't that difficult. 

You can tip AND acknowledge the fact that businesses paying their employees slave wages is bad. 

Most people tip. Whether they tip because they feel obligated to or whether they feel like it's because it's just "courteous", most people don't stiff a good or even mediocre 20 year old server.
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SamoneLenior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 01 2014 at 11:29am
Originally posted by OhMyCurlz OhMyCurlz wrote:

Originally posted by SamoneLenior SamoneLenior wrote:

if you disagree with the business practices so much, don't go out to eat
No. I'm going to go out to eat where ever I feel like it. This thread will not change where I eat. Most people need some type of care at some point in their life and acknowledge that the health care field treats PCTs badly, but that will not have any effect on them going to receive services provided by PCTs. 

It's interesting how you view acknowledging bad practices on behalf of an employer as somehow being anti-tipping. I don't agree with you, but I tip, the exception being absolute awful service (and attitude) which I receive from Asian restaurants exclusively. 

Okay. So you are okay with an employer paying their employees $3.00 an hour in order to avoid paying a fair wage? That's okay with you? 

This isn't that difficult. 

You can tip AND acknowledge the fact that businesses paying their employees slave wages is bad. 

Most people tip. Whether they tip because they feel obligated to or whether they feel like it's because it's just "courteous", most people don't stiff a good or even mediocre 20 year old server.

never typed that (the bolded)

I did type this...though lmao

which posts of mine did you read?

Edited by SamoneLenior - Jul 01 2014 at 11:34am
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
House of CB London
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Dependable Quality Hair
Switch Up your Look with a protective Style