BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Perfect Hair Collection

why do we have to tip?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2627282930 50>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 7 Votes, Average 3.86  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
rickysrose View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote rickysrose Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 30 2014 at 2:40pm
well they have to charge a mandatory service charge if your ass won't tip!
Sponsored Links

Diane (35) View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Diane (35) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 30 2014 at 2:41pm
Originally posted by Wildfire Wildfire wrote:

Originally posted by newdiva1 newdiva1 wrote:

why not send a plate back in Jamaica?  Was she 'fraid allyuh? Afraid the staff was gonna cuss she?

I've never had to return anything. Never really thought to, come to think of it. The hotle servers are the worstLOL

Coutleigh hotel about 3 years ago, the have the weekly buffet by the pool. Me and the then 3 besties go and the food is POOR POOR POOR POOR POOR. I couldnt beleive it was like the twilight zone. Courtleigh good good courtleigh? When we asked it was a different chef. The entire new meal and drinks were comped.

At the all inclusive now I dont tip, cause i dont have it (i generally come down with no money and the trip has brucked me) but i will fill out the card and tell who i got great service from and email the guest services person. I dont get bad service for not tipping at AIs but i've experienced some nigs ignoring me cause im a local (except the dudes who want to smang who pay too much attention)Dead

With The fast food joints, you cant hand them cash they're dealing with food. I'll call and speak to the manager (never emailed corporate headquarters though but i should). Look here i've returned onion rings to Burger King because i didnt get the right number, i asked before as well as they were onion bits not rings. Chicks were rolling their eyes but all i ate at BK was onion rings at the time and im damn serious about them. Hell its the lack of standard onion rings serving that made me quit them for about 18 months till this summer. I wrote the names of the 3 workers at BK Utech on the receipt, it's in my purse i must make the call

ETA their*

Edited by Diane (35) - Jun 30 2014 at 2:50pm
Wildfire View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wildfire Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 30 2014 at 2:43pm
Originally posted by ThoughtCouture ThoughtCouture wrote:

I really do not anticipate the price of  meals going up drastically if workers are paid better. I can only speak for here though. As far as I know, workers in that category get paid minimum, and overtime, etc. Bills already include service charge. All the more reason why i dont generally tip.

Confused so, you really believe (i am speaking for here) if the wages go up from $2.13/hr (minimum required in over half the states here for tipped workers) to $8.25 that the prices will remain the same?  ok...Sleepy 

where in my post did  i say the prices would remain the same??Confused

Edited by Wildfire - Jun 30 2014 at 2:43pm
Wildfire View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wildfire Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 30 2014 at 2:44pm
Originally posted by rickysrose rickysrose wrote:

well they have to charge a mandatory service charge if your ass won't tip!

LOL

Wildfire View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wildfire Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 30 2014 at 2:45pm
Originally posted by Diane (35) Diane (35) wrote:

Originally posted by newdiva1 newdiva1 wrote:

why not send a plate back in Jamaica?  Was she 'fraid allyuh? Afraid the staff was gonna cuss she?

I've never had to return anything. Never really thought to, come to think of it. The hotle servers are the worstLOL

Coutleigh hotel about 3 years ago, the have the weekly buffet by the pool. Me and the then 3 besties go and the food is POOR POOR POOR POOR POOR. I couldnt beleive it was like the twilight zone. Courtleigh good good courtleigh? When we asked it was a different chef. The entire new meal and drinks were comped.

At the all inclusive now I dont tip, cause i dont have it (i generally comes down with no money) but i will fill out the card and tell who i got great service from and email the guest services person.

With The fast food joints, you cant hand them cash they're dealing with food. I'll call and speak to the manager (never emailed corporate headquarters though but i should). Look here i've returned onion rings to Burger King because i didnt get the right number, i asked before as well as they were onion bits not rings. Chicks were rolling they're eyes but all i ate at BK was onion rings at the time and im damn serious about them. Hell its the lack of standard onion rings serving that made me quit them for about 18 months till this summer. I wrote the names of the 3 workers at BK Utech on the receipt, it's in my purse i must make the call

deadLOL
ThoughtCouture View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ThoughtCouture Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 30 2014 at 2:46pm

Originally posted by ThoughtCouture ThoughtCouture wrote:

I really do not anticipate the price of  meals going up drastically if workers are paid better. I can only speak for here though. As far as I know, workers in that category get paid minimum, and overtime, etc. Bills already include service charge. All the more reason why i dont generally tip.

Confused so, you really believe (i am speaking for here) if the wages go up from $2.13/hr (minimum required in over half the states here for tipped workers) to $8.25 that the prices will remain the same?  ok...Sleepy 

where in my post did  i say the prices would remain the same??Confused

ok then.  i will bite.  how much do you think they will go up?  please, keep in mind the rate at which the wages will go up...

Edited by ThoughtCouture - Jun 30 2014 at 2:47pm
Diane (35) View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Diane (35) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 30 2014 at 2:46pm
A tip is not a service charge is not a gratuity.

I don't mind the service charge cause the folks we dont see should benefit too no matter how minuscule. But a mandatory gratuity pisses me the fork off. I read in an article that you can request the gratuity to be taken off but haven't had the pleasure to do so. I'd rather not have to pay the taxes and add that to the service charge tbh.

To show the hair dresser you appreciate it, job well done, thats for not snatching my edges idk. I dont tip the lady that massages me though. haven't had a massage since last year cause im broke but next time i'll ask.
Wildfire View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wildfire Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 30 2014 at 2:47pm
^^thats hard to estimate...as i said, i cant speak in the US context....
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ThoughtCouture Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 30 2014 at 2:52pm
well i can assure you prices will likely go up AT LEAST 10% off top...it doesn't take a rocket scientist to do the math...just take any basic restaurant p&l (with industry standard metrics) and bake in a wage increase like what would be necessary to pay the workers for the "service" they are providing to the customer...
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ThoughtCouture Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 30 2014 at 2:53pm
Originally posted by Diane (35) Diane (35) wrote:

A tip is not a service charge is not a gratuity.

this may be the case when the workers are already receiving fair wages.  but when they are not, the lines can become blurred...
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
House of CB London
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Dependable Quality Hair
Switch Up your Look with a protective Style
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2627282930 50>
  Share Topic