Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Extensions Plus

why do we have to tip?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1920212223 50>

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 7 Votes, Average 3.86  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Diane (35) View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Diane (35) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 30 2014 at 2:34am
I was gonna ask SL that, she has work in the morning! I'm a bum so..............
Sponsored Links

SamoneLenior View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SamoneLenior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 30 2014 at 2:36am

my sleep patterns are off lol

I wake up, do something that will tire me out then go back to sleep
newdiva1 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote newdiva1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 30 2014 at 2:38am
why not send a plate back in Jamaica?  Was she 'fraid allyuh? Afraid the staff was gonna cuss she?

Edited by newdiva1 - Jun 30 2014 at 2:39am
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SamoneLenior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 30 2014 at 2:41am

I know people like that

not to say I lose a little respect because I also get irritated by people that constantly send stuff back, but if you get the wrong food why are you going to sit there and eat it? It's nice to see folks be assertive and get what they want.

I send drinks back more than anything and have accepted that sometimes I just ordered the wrong thing (staff did nothing wrong). But if I am allergic/sensitive to something and asked for it not be on my plate, asked for it to be cooked to a certain temperature or get the wrong order I am sending it back.

people getting crap food and taking it and then paying for it.....on a regular basis only to complain to people that can't help them reach a resolution

Edited by SamoneLenior - Jun 30 2014 at 3:01am
Diane (35) View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Diane (35) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 30 2014 at 2:51am
They just never knew it would actually work cause we're used to jumping through hoops and ish to return things, maybe she was afraid she'd get attitude/excuses from the staff (and that's very commonplace). When i say customer service is poor LORD. But Jamaican customers are not easy to deal with, the vitriol they will spit and the demanding attitudes etc etc so the custys and the workers at some places LOLOLOLOLs

I bought the wrong cut of meat from Pricesmart Jamaica and tried to return it and the lady was giving me a warm time, talmbout return policy and you cant return meat (you don't know how long its been off ice) while the store's return policy was posted big and bold above her head and clear as day on the receipt in my hand. The ribs/goat was rock solid. AZZ CLOWN Then she said it was bought on mommy's account and she cant take responsibility for the meat and if i leave and return with it she wont take it. I called mom's she was there in less than 10 minutes. She lucky i never sent an email to PriceSmart USA about her lies about the meat.

ETA SL the dish was inedible to her, we weren't trying to get one over. She was struggling and this was her second fave item on the menu. Ive ordered the wrong thing and sucked it up too lolol. Funny i never return drinks that never occured to me and every mojito ive had since 2010 has tasted like medicine and liquid death

Edited by Diane (35) - Jun 30 2014 at 2:57am
afrokock View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote afrokock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 30 2014 at 2:59am
Originally posted by SamoneLenior SamoneLenior wrote:

my sleep patterns are off lol

I wake up, do something that will tire me out then go back to sleep
you pregnant doc?

Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SamoneLenior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 30 2014 at 3:05am

yeah if I can't eat, it is going back

also nothing worse than a sh*t drink
ChubbyYeti View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote ChubbyYeti Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 30 2014 at 8:29am
Originally posted by afrokock afrokock wrote:

Originally posted by ChubbyYeti ChubbyYeti wrote:

And this is why I (and most servers) hated waiting on Blacks and Germans when I use to be a waitress.
maybe your service was just sh*tty

Don't act brand new. Have you ever been a server in the states? I'm not saying all black people tip bad, but we are some of the worst tippers. And my service was good or else I would've gotten bad tips from every race. I depended on those wages, so I made sure to go above and beyond to give the customer a good experience. I also mad sure that even if I got a black or foreign customer that I still gave them the same service as anyone else because I didn't want anyone to have an excuse to leave a bad tip.

Edited by ChubbyYeti - Jun 30 2014 at 8:32am
ThoughtCouture View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote ThoughtCouture Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 30 2014 at 9:13am
good for you chubby.  and that baby is the cutiest patootiest!!!
ThoughtCouture View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote ThoughtCouture Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 30 2014 at 9:16am
samone I usually order my drinks straight when I am out...unless 1) i am really familiar with the bartender or 2) the drink is signature pre-madeish.  a f*cked up french martini is the worst.com
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1920212223 50>
  Share Topic