BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Angkor Cambodian Hair

why do we have to tip?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 89101112 44>

Bootiful Cream

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 7 Votes, Average 3.86  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
ThoughtCouture View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (6) Thanks(6)   Quote ThoughtCouture Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 29 2014 at 7:11pm
i tip well.  i judge people who don't.  shrugs.
Sponsored Links

nitabug View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote nitabug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 29 2014 at 7:15pm
Originally posted by SoutherNtellect SoutherNtellect wrote:

Most people only do it cuz society says/out of habit
That seems more basic to me

If bad tippers weren't looked down on, I highly doubt most would give the extra cash
am on the minority then
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (4) Thanks(4)   Quote ThoughtCouture Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 29 2014 at 7:20pm
didn't see southerns comment.  i tip because i know how the service industry works.  i factor the extra cost into the experience before going out if i am to be "served". 
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote ThoughtCouture Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 29 2014 at 7:22pm
plus i tend to go to the same places over and over and over again.  they know my face.  sometimes have regular servers. 
PeacefulOne View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote PeacefulOne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 29 2014 at 7:23pm
non tippers should use the drive tru. or better yet, stay home and make your own food.
jonesable View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote jonesable Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 29 2014 at 7:24pm
I agree ppl just speak up but in reality they don't so we have this...

I think consumers especially black consumers should speak up be it bad service or a bad product
petiteone29 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote petiteone29 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 29 2014 at 7:38pm
I think not tipping your waiter/waitress is tacky. But other than that I don't feel like tipping is mandatory for others like the chinese food carryout or chipotles. 

My mil doesn't believe in tipping and she puts servers through the ringer. We have to tell her that she should leave a tip. We went out a few weeks ago and she tipped the waitress $6 and accidentally wrote $6 on the receipt to be taken off her credit card. Once she realized it she told the waitress that she didn't mean to tip her that much($12). I was mortified. That girl looked so embarassed. I just gave my mil $12 and gave the server some extra money. She was a really good server.
SoutherNtellect View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SoutherNtellect Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 29 2014 at 7:47pm
Originally posted by nitabug nitabug wrote:

Originally posted by SoutherNtellect SoutherNtellect wrote:

Most people only do it cuz society says/out of habit
That seems more basic to me

If bad tippers weren't looked down on, I highly doubt most would give the extra cash
am on the minority then

Yea
99.9% of bhm is
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ThoughtCouture Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 29 2014 at 8:09pm
i often wonder if people realize how the irs expects  restaurant/bar workers will receive a minimum of a certain % in tips.  and if they don't (and thus don't report it) this causes major problems for the worker because the restaurant/bar will need to add additional tip income to the workers w2 to meet the irs minimum.  in other words, the worker could receive a w2 for more than what they actually received in tips.  so yes, it is expected that service workers in most restaurants/bars will receive tips.
Immie89 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Immie89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 29 2014 at 8:12pm
Originally posted by PeacefulOne PeacefulOne wrote:

non tippers should use the drive tru. or better yet, stay home and make your own food.

This.
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Weave Connection
Little Black Scarg
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 89101112 44>